Unexpected trophy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected trophy!

I'm not one to post up many success pics or anything like that but I thought this was too cool not to share.

Yesterday evening I was sitting in the blind hunting a big cull 6pt that's been seen on that side of the ranch a few times...4:10 the feeder goes off and my deer started coming from everywhere. Once they go to the feeder I noticed them acting weird and looking down in this hole, which looked like something had recently been digging in. I didn't think much of it, just thought a fox or something had been in there and the deer smelled it so they were spooky. After a little while they all calm down and I had probably 15 or so in there feeding with a nice young 8pt... All of the sudden they blow and scatter. They hung out then eased back in just to do the same thing again... Now at this point I'm really confused cause the wind is perfect and I know they didn't smell me.. Then I see it! A little white stripe poking it's head out of the hole... I grab my binos and see it! A BADGER! I scrambled to get my car it arrow knocked and got ready. Then I waited and waited and waited watching nothing but the top of his head at 30 yards. Then I see more deer coming in... Wouldn't you know it the 6 I was waiting on showed up... He comes in and eases around the feeder, and when he gets by the hole the badger hisses/growles at him, and the deer didn't want no part of that. But that's what I needed, that got the badger on his feet.. He kind of eased out of the hole to my left which was perfect, except he had a little embankment in front of him... I decided that may be my only chance.. Guessed him at 25 yards and let her fly... Nailed he dirt mound in front of him, dirt flying, deer running, he retreats back in the hole.. I put my face in my hand, like a what have you done disappointed reaction, then look up and he is poking his head out again! I couldn't believe I'd get another shot. I grabbed another arrow and got ready. Then he kind of stood up on this front legs, looking for what just made that noise. I drew back and put the pin right between his eyes knowing he was a little further, and squeezed it off... MONEY! He just took it like a champ and slumped back in the hole. Gave him a minute and went to look at him, and it took me 2 solid minutes to reach my hand in that hole to grab him..

Sorry for the read but I haven't been this excited about an animal in quite some time!

Gonna try to post pics of the hole I shot him out of and him.. Bare with me if it doesn't work!
    Attached Files

Brave man reaching into that hole!

In for pics.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Let's see the ldp's!

Comment

Naturally the LDP won't work.. Can y'all help me out?

Comment

Comment

lol, no way man!
              I like my fingers a little to much!

Cool kill tho!
              Should've shot the 6 first.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                  lol, no way man!
                  I like my fingers a little to much!

Cool kill tho!
                  Should've shot the 6 first.
                  My thoughts were ill get plenty more shots at 6 points... I've never even seen a badger lol

Comment

I'm so jealous, a full body mount when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                      X2

Comment

Cool stuff. That's how I've shot most of the badgers I've killed. They're pretty curious critters. Even when you scare them and they run down a hole they'll pop back up to see what scared them. I'm gonna catch the next one I see away from it's hole. They're really not that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                          No doubt going to be a full body mount

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            Brave man reaching into that hole!
                            x2 no freaking kidding haha

Had it been me, he woulda stayed in that hole haha

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X