No announcement yet.

"Trick Shooter's Forum"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is the funniest shot I've ever pulled off. I decided to put the camera behind me, move to my 15 yard line to repeat a shot I did this morning for our out of town guest Mike. He wanted to see my shoot, so I pointed to the tennis ball, and told him that I would put an arrow into it... Thwack smack center it went.

Well this afternoon, I wanted to repeat that same shot in front of the camera. Never figured to see my arrow bounce off the tennis ball as it did.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFW2dZ3Y2m8"]YouTube- Watch the arrow bounce off a tennis ball[/ame]

Comment

Thought this was a very kool shot..I always enjoy Byron's trick shots ...Enjoy [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJ5PGzu1PE"]YouTube- Byron Ferguson's Incredible Archery Shots - Coke Bottle[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
        This is all I got...
        skeet with a .410 then the last one is with a .22 long rifle.
        I made this video last week when the Top Shot producer called me. I have not tried this in 30 years. it took 5 shots with .22 before I hit it. I shot 10 times with a .410 and never missed and twice with a 12 ga from the hip and got both birds but my buddy turned off the camera when I was shooting and on when I wasn't so I did not get that on tape. All in all it took me 30 mins to make this video from the time I walked out of my office and shot my bow. Then drove to the shooting range set everything up, shot and drove back to the house.
        I don't think I will hear from them cause all the other videos are real flashy like shooting a full milk bottle with a 12 ga no one even tried skeet with a 22 but what I did was much harder just not flashy for television.
        Good shootin !

Comment

Originally posted by warrior62 View Post
          Thought this was a very kool shot..I always enjoy Byron's trick shots ...Enjoy
          OK looks like a good challenge. Now to find something in a bottle with a cap like that other than good beer, I hate to waste good beer.....

Comment

did he put a bottle opener on the bottle and shoot the opener? either way it was a cool shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Samiel2d View Post
              did he put a bottle opener on the bottle and shoot the opener? either way it was a cool shot.
              He put the bottle opener straight up, and has to hit it in such a way as to not break the neck of the coke bottle.

Comment

hmm, interesting shot.

Comment

I had to reshoot this for a friend today, this time I checked the tip of my field point making sure it was a sharp one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vfRzyhoxE"]YouTube- Shooting a Tennis Ball 008[/ame]

Comment

very nice shot jon.

Comment

ring shot, took 2 shots at it before i placed a perfect arrow in the center of the "ring"

Comment

Keep trying to do it with just one shot Samiel2d, its not a multiple shot attempt.

Comment

will do cw, ive been shooting at this shot several times this week w/ no decent results. i also thought it was cool that the ring never left the arrow shaft, hence the reason i posted the pic.

Comment

I've spent three shooting sessions (two yesterday, and one this morning) trying to shoot through a small woman's ring at 21 yards.

I whacked it, smacked it, and sent it flying lots. Had to go find it with a metal detector several times, but I ain't got an arrow through it yet.

I finally hit it so many times that it broke, so now I have to get another ring, or figure out something ring size, but more durable.

Wish me luck on explaining to my wife about what happened to her engagement ring. I salvaged the diamond.

Comment

Rick not even Byron Ferguson shoots that one at 21 yards. If you watch his shooting the Wedding Ring Shot, it is more like 5 yards. Heck, at 21 yards I don't think I could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
                                Rick not even Byron Ferguson shoots that one at 21 yards. If you watch his shooting the Wedding Ring Shot, it is more like 5 yards. Heck, at 21 yards I don't think I could do it.
                                I know. I wanted to be different.

I think I'll use my wedding band next time out. It's about 2.5 times the size of the ring that broke.

Comment

Working...
                                X