Bell Co. East of I35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bell Co. East of I35

Just moved out here where antlerless deer are restricted to MLD permit only during regular season. The guy that farms the ranch we rent to live on was begging me to convince the owner to get MLD permits because the deer are taking a toll on his crops....unless I'm a bow hunter. He said if I'm a bow hunter that we don't need MLD permits before the regular season begins. Does this make sense to anyone. I looked on the tdpw website and it seems to be in agreement with what the farmer said. How does everyone else interpret what it says for Bell Co east of I35? I appreciate your help on this.

Also, if we are restricted to MLDs through both archery and rifle season then how hard is it to get MLD permits?

It should be 3 does and 2 bucks for archery and rifle combined during regular season dates.

Comment

Right but east of i35 it's different. You can't shoot doe over here without an MLD permit from what I've always been told and it's also on TDPW website. However can they be taken with a bow?

Comment

I am not a game warden, but I'm 98.753% sure this is what the law is. East of IH35 in Bell county the limit for deer is 4 not 5 during archery season no permits are required and you may harvest two doe and two bucks that meet the antler restrictions(one over 13" and one with an unbranched antler). When general season opens you are only allowed two bucks that meet the antler restriction unless you have MLD permits then you have different rules. Here is what TPWD has on their web site. Even though I'm sure this info is correct the best thing to do is contact your local game warden and speak to them, we have some in the Temple office. Get to know your game warden, they can be a lot of help.

East of IH 35

Archery OnlySept. 28 - Nov. 1, 2013

No permit required: unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.

General SeasonNov. 2, 2013 - Jan. 5, 2014

Antlerless Permit: Antlerless by MLD permit only

Youth-Only
        Early Youth-Only SeasonOct. 26 - 27, 2013

Late Youth-Only SeasonJan. 6 - 19, 2014

Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined. Antler Restrictions: Special Antler Restrictions do not apply to properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For counties with Special Antler Restrictions, a legal buck deer has: 1. at least one unbranched antler, or 2. an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler. Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.

Comment

Thanks alot bassmatt, that's where I was getting my information, but it's good to see someone else interprets it the same way. I will call the game warden today to try and get the final answer.

Comment

No permit required: unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.

There's your answer. Shoot your does in October and you'll be fine.

Comment

I just called up to the temple office...now I don't believe I spoke with a game warden but I was just told permits are still required for October can someone bring clarification on this?

Comment

They are wrong, in October you do not need an MLD permit...

Comment

No permit required in October. Only for general season.

Comment

This is good news for me. Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X