Transporting Bass Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transporting Bass Legal?

Let's be clear. The bass will be caught from one private pond and moved to another private pond. I know law says i can't transport the fish to/from public water. But it says nothing about PRIVATE water. Should I happen to get stopped by our friendly neighborhood GW, would I get a ticket for anything?

Private should be fine, I would print out the regulations so if you are stopped they know you know and have researched it. You may also want to type out the address where you are catching the fish and the destination address and sign/date it, so all the documentation is completed before hand. With cell phones, it wouldn't hurt to have a photo of the fish being removed from the origin location...you will have the documentation. If you can't transport fish to a private location, then how can hatcheries sell fish to stock private ponds? Self critiquing...

Comment

Your fine. I also see no reason you cant transport live fish from public water unless there is a zebra mussel order.

Comment

Boom, hatcheries have fishery licenses, that is what allows them to sell, then transport and stock. That lisc covers the details for both the supplier and the buyer.
        Last edited by Bobcat; 04-29-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Brother I catch fish all the time and move them from private lakes to my dads lake every weekend. Its no problem

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            Brother I catch fish all the time and move them from private lakes to my dads lake every weekend. Its no problem
            But have you ever been stopped by the GW?

Comment

I do it all the time. 3 times a week. It doesn't worry me at all. If you're that worried say your hungry for a fish fry.

Comment

Man, when we were kids we'd catch a bunch and put them in local ponds we fished the most. We were gonna grow huge bass. I guess I should go try it out to see how we did one day lol.

Comment

We catch em all the time and put then in out ponds didnt know public was illegal... Oops

Comment

Working...
                  X