Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #51
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
it's not about anti-gun. Its about anti-gun law.

The entire argument we have all been using for forever was that criminals dont listen to laws or bans, so i want my option to protect myself should the need arise.

President and vp are speaking, and they agree to ban guns? There is no world in which that is not insane.
Name:  right.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  10.1 KB
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #52
Gary Roberson
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I will be in the Ruger Booth at the NRA Convention in Dallas on Friday 11-12AM, Saturday 4-5 PM and Sunday, 10-11 AM. If you are planning to attend, PLEASE come by and visit as I will be looking for some friendly faces.
I do think that this is the very best show that one can attend that is open to the public. If you are a hunter or shooter, this is the place to go.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #53
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

After thinking about how stupid the NRA is for going along with the idiot secret service folks it dawned on me.

Maybe the NRA is doing this on purpose. Go along with the gun ban, and then unleash a guy on a couple spectators to give a couple flesh wounds to some nearby spectators.

Then they can point to the gun ban as useless.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #54
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I absolutely know that secret service "demanded" it.



Its a disgrace. There is no excuse.



THEY ARE SAYING BANNING GUNS MAKES HIM MORE SAFE !!!


I have to agree with this. Seems hypocritical to say “more guns make us safer” at the same time saying “you can’t carry here”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #55
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Do yall not appreciate the separation from the NRA and the secret service? The SS is not the entity that is saying anything about "more guns make us safer", in fact they think that selfie sticks and laser pointers are dangerous.

But hey good job on getting worked up on what the media tells you too.
Attached Images
 
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #56
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

I dont appreciate the separation of me from my rights that the NRA is supposed to support. THEY ARE THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION.

Media didnt tell me anything - that's just rhetoric. Anyone without blinders can see the idiocy in their actions.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #57
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Do yall not appreciate the separation from the NRA and the secret service? The SS is not the entity that is saying anything about "more guns make us safer", in fact they think that selfie sticks and laser pointers are dangerous.

But hey good job on getting worked up on what the media tells you too.
Effing selfie sticks? Nah bruh, they just crossed the line right there. Infringe on my right to use a selfie stick? See you on the battle field mother ****er!!!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #58
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I dont appreciate the separation of me from my rights that the NRA is supposed to support.
The NRA website notes that, because of the appearance of Pence, the Secret Service will be responsible for security at the forum

If you had a choice of Pence or you Sig attending the rally, you really think that you carrying your Sig is going to advance yours and every other NRA members gun rights more? Personally I would prefer Pence to be there, as he is a pretty powerful person in American politics and I dont really think anyone will miss you or you Sig
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #59
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
The NRA website notes that, because of the appearance of Pence, the Secret Service will be responsible for security at the forum

If you had a choice of Pence or you Sig attending the rally, you really think that you carrying your Sig is going to advance yours and every other NRA members gun rights more? Personally I would prefer Pence to be there, as he is a pretty powerful person in American politics and I dont really think anyone will miss you or you Sig
No offense but Id rather get whiskey drunk with jer_james and his sig and shoot some glass bottles than listen to Mike Pence bore up the room.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #60
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
No offense but Id rather get whiskey drunk with jer_james and his sig and shoot some glass bottles than listen to Mike Pence bore up the room.
Id rather get whiskey drunk with J than show up to a gun convention without an effing gun.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #61
Part Timer
Six Point
 
Part Timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Cleveland, TX
Default

If you really break it down its basically saying....

We are the government and we dont trust you peasants with guns around us.......at a NRA rally. Lol its comical.

NRA uninviting Pence because of that would have probably sent a stronger message and got more national attention than the rally itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Part Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #62
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Timer View Post
If you really break it down its basically saying....

We are the government and we dont trust you peasants with guns around us.......at a NRA rally. Lol its comical.

NRA uninviting Pence because of that would have probably sent a stronger message and got more national attention than the rally itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You understand the real fight is political......not public opinion....right?
and the Vice President of the United States speaking a the NRA convention...wouldnt be good for that fight...how exactly?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #63
Part Timer
Six Point
 
Part Timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Cleveland, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
You understand the real fight is political......not public opinion....right?
and the Vice President of the United States speaking a the NRA convention...wouldnt be good for that fight...how exactly?
You do realize public opinion controls politics right? You send a message to the talking heads that you are not more important than any of our rights. Doesn't matter how close to the top you are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Part Timer; 04-30-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Part Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #64
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Yall get that there are several counter protests planned too and that it wont be just a bunch of Trump supporting NRA members? Have you ever been to one of the Lefts counter protests (or seen one on the TV), there tends to be lots of stuff on fire and people running around with their faces covered.

Dont just single out Pence, Governor Greg Abbott, and Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz will also be in attendance.

I bet some of yall are against the Pope mobile, since God could just stop any bullets or bad stuff himself.
Attached Images
 
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #65
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Timer View Post
You do realize public opinion controls politics right? You send a message to the talking heads that you are not more important than any of our rights. Doesn't matter how close to the top you are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
you truly just say.. "public opinion" controls politics? with a straight ****in face?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #66
Part Timer
Six Point
 
Part Timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Huffman, TX
Hunt In: Cleveland, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
you truly just say.. "public opinion" controls politics? with a straight ****in face?
Who votes in politicians? the Public.
Who controls public opinion? the public.
How do politicians campaign? public opinion.
Who is Pence? a politician.
What does he represent for us?.....public opinion......

Are we thinking of the term "public opinion" differently? if so my bad.

So......yes to both of you questions. But now my face is more puzzled that you think politicians don't represent public opinion. That's democracy 101

I get the SS, but the irony is hilarious.

Its the government saying i can have guns to protect me, but you can't have guns to protect you because i dont trust you......again.....at a NRA rally.

Last edited by Part Timer; 04-30-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Part Timer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #67
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Are weapons allowed at any event where the President or Vice President will be speaking?
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #68
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Are weapons allowed at any event where the President or Vice President will be speaking?
NOPE! That's why everyone's ranting and raving about this is so comical.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 06:44 AM   #69
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy625 View Post
NOPE! That's why everyone's ranting and raving about this is so comical.
What's comical is the defense of this idiotic move.

So you agree with the Secret Service that banning guns from their speaking engagements makes them safer?
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 06:47 AM   #70
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
What's comical is the defense of this idiotic move.

So you agree with the Secret Service that banning guns from their speaking engagements makes them safer?
YOU and I in a room.
I have a gun
you have a gun.
I take away your gun.
I am safer.

get it?

we get your point... but you are picking a fight about **** that if you take the letters NRA out of it..wouldnt ****in matter to you in any way shape or form... because its part of doing business if you want a President or VP to attend your function.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 AM   #71
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

This "move" isn't anything other than protecting the POTUS AND VPOTUS. Reading anything into it other than that is just childish. Regardless of anyone's political stance or the organization. Continue stomping your feet. We will just sit back and laugh.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #72
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Point being the SS could give two ****s about you or me. Their practices drive only the protection of the POTUS and VPOTUS + family. Hell they would shoot your face off without hesitation to stop a potential assassin hiding behind you.

Still, very ironic that the NRA would ever accept a gun free zone regardless of who is attending especially when the POTUS has been very vocal and active against the 2nd Amn. But like so many politicians up for mid term elections the NRA will side itself with its ideological enemy for PR purposes.

NRA either publically calls out the POTUS to clarify/justify his statements re no due process, passing legislation against the 2nd amn., banning accessories to firearms and fire arm seizures or it rolls over and shows its belly.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 07:18 AM   #73
philcam
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

You do not need an advance ticket to get into just the exhibit hall, correct?
philcam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #74
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcam View Post
You do not need an advance ticket to get into just the exhibit hall, correct?
No. It's open to all NRA members in good standing.

I pre-registered and got my wife's an my passes sent to the house because this old(er) guy doesn't do standing in line very well.

https://www.nraam.org/attend/
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #75
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
YOU and I in a room.
I have a gun
you have a gun.
I take away your gun.
I am safer.

get it?

we get your point... but you are picking a fight about **** that if you take the letters NRA out of it..wouldnt ****in matter to you in any way shape or form... because its part of doing business if you want a President or VP to attend your function.
I have a gun (legally)
You have a gun (legally)
Bad guy has a gun (illegally)

Sounds like an even playing field to me.

The point is that this is what they do, and people can't even speak out against it because they are so brainwashed. The NRA is involved. This is not a hypothetical.

Routinely call the left sheep, and then fall right in line when this type of dumb ish happens. Call a spade a spade no matter who/what it is.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #76
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I have a gun (legally)
You have a gun (legally) (Dont know who you are though..you a freindly? you arent on my detail...you pulled a gun out.."to help"..-- and I have one job ..protect vice president. Guess you get shot too.)
Bad guy has a gun (legally)
.
Now what.

Last edited by systemnt; 05-01-2018 at 08:33 AM.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #77
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

I tried a search.. but i couldnt find where you were so adamant about your point of view LAST year when the same policy was applied at the NRA convention when Trump spoke...

Quote:
The Secret Service has the authority to prohibit firearms from any location the people it protects visit. ( Title 18, Section 3056 of the U.S. Code lays out the “powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service.”)
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #78
huntmaster
Pope & Young
 
huntmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mesquite, Texas
Hunt In: Archer County
Default

just for clarification: I can carry in the show but not in the place where the VP is speaking, correct?
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #79
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmaster View Post
just for clarification: I can carry in the show but not in the place where the VP is speaking, correct?
Yes
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #80
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I tried a search.. but i couldnt find where you were so adamant about your point of view LAST year when the same policy was applied at the NRA convention when Trump spoke...
Didn't realize they have been this stupid before - My fault for not paying better attention. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I am now. They are a joke.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #81
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Man, the media has some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.


Gun owners may pack heat in accordance with state law throughout most of the three-day pow-wow inside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, but they cannot bring guns into a leadership forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday featuring the POTUS and VP, because secret service won’t allow it.

“Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance,” the NRA said in a statement posted to its website.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #82
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Man, the media and some liberal members herehave some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.


Gun owners may pack heat in accordance with state law throughout most of the three-day pow-wow inside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, but they cannot bring guns into a leadership forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday featuring the POTUS and VP, because secret service won’t allow it.

“Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance,” the NRA said in a statement posted to its website.
fify
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #83
Gunnyart
Pope & Young
 
Gunnyart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mansfield, TX
Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX
Default

Stop and swap howdies at the "Your Target" booth. I'll be helping out Bill on Friday.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #84
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Could someone grab me an NRA t-shirt for the convention. Size XL. I'll paypal of mail you a check for the shirt and shipping
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #85
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Man, the media has some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.


Gun owners may pack heat in accordance with state law throughout most of the three-day pow-wow inside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, but they cannot bring guns into a leadership forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday featuring the POTUS and VP, because secret service won’t allow it.

“Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance,” the NRA said in a statement posted to its website.
Only ones brainwashed are the sheep following the NRA and this stupid decision. No better than a liberal.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #86
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
After thinking about how stupid the NRA is for going along with the idiot secret service folks it dawned on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Only ones brainwashed are the sheep following the NRA and this stupid decision.

Yo Jer. Take a deep breathe man. Hit your caps lock button and look at this objectively. You arent even making any sense, guns are not banned from the event. And no one is following the NRA.

This is a SS call. They are there to create a bubble of protection for the POTUS and the VP. This is the same kind of stuff that happens when they visit foreign nations.

Help me understand what you think should happen here. In your utopia what is the best possible scenario ?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #87
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Best possible scenario is me being allowed to carry throughout an entire NRA event.

I would have zero issue with them canceling the VP and President if these were their stipulations. They have the final say. While they didn't make the guidelines, they absolutely agreed to them.

They gave up their principles for what ?
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #88
Pkripper
Ten Point
 
Pkripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: East Texas Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Best possible scenario is me being allowed to carry throughout an entire NRA event.

I would have zero issue with them canceling the VP and President if these were their stipulations. They have the final say. While they didn't make the guidelines, they absolutely agreed to them.

They gave up their principles for what ?
Do you think you should be able to carry at any venue or event?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #89
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkripper View Post
Do you think you should be able to carry at any venue or event?
I respect private entities and their right to their choice. If it was my choice I would have the ability to carry everywhere.

When you are the NRA, I didn't think there should be a choice.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #90
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

This is just an awkward situation...if any one of us was in charge of the potus or VP?? Our only responsibility is to be overkill on their safety. Your whole existence is to keep them from being assasinated & from any harm. I'm not sure what they are supposed to do with the irony??

I can only hope the VP would address it if only to acknowledge...it honestly doesn't get me all that jazzed up. It's likely the safest room or place to be in the whole city at that particular time. It's the same formality at any engagement they would attend so it's not worth the drama imo.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #91
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
They gave up their principles for what ?
Start about 22:30, this is from Donnies NRA speech last year (yea no guns were allowed then either)

I will take DJT and those 6 minutes over you and a Sig any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMW7JA0B-BU
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 12:25 AM   #92
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I can only hope the VP would address it if only to acknowledge....
It would be epic if he pulled a Colt 1911 out of a coat pocket, held it high and yelled out, "Cold dead hands, mf'ers!"
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 04:31 AM   #93
tmstuk
Eight Point
 
tmstuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Katy TX
Hunt In: Milam County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
It would be epic if he pulled a Colt 1911 out of a coat pocket, held it high and yelled out, "Cold dead hands, mf'ers!"
Yes sir! EPIC!
tmstuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #94
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
It would be epic if he pulled a Colt 1911 out of a coat pocket, held it high and yelled out, "Cold dead hands, mf'ers!"
I've got that picture in my head now; EPIC indeed!!!
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #95
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
No offense but Id rather get whiskey drunk with jer_james and his sig and shoot some glass bottles than listen to Mike Pence bore up the room.
Well, I have some Balcone's Rumble Cask Reserve that will help. Heck it's only 65.6% alcohol. Pretty weak stuff by a Moonshiner's standards. I got a few hunnert rounds of 45 auto and .41 mag Loudenboomer ammo. Nuttin like the smell of burnt gun powder on a crappy rainy day. To hell with Dallas and anything in it.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #96
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
It would be epic if he pulled a Colt 1911 out of a coat pocket, held it high and yelled out, "Cold dead hands, mf'ers!"
Except then the Presidents detail would blow his head off lol. Trumps detail is just going to see a gun being pulled where there shouldn't be one and muscle memory will take over
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #97
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Well, I have some Balcone's Rumble Cask Reserve that will help. Heck it's only 65.6% alcohol. Pretty weak stuff by a Moonshiner's standards. I got a few hunnert rounds of 45 auto and .41 mag Loudenboomer ammo. Nuttin like the smell of burnt gun powder on a crappy rainy day. To hell with Dallas and anything in it.
Whiskey and guns. We just need some bacon and some hot blondes and it sounds like a swell afternoon!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #98
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point
 
Tejas Wildlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Groesbeck, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default This is a Secret Service requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Un-fricken believable ... The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.

Effing ridiculous.
Not the NRA requiring it. Although you are trying to twist it into that.
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #99
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Whiskey and guns. We just need some bacon and some hot blondes and it sounds like a swell afternoon!
Whiskey, guns and blondes ... Can I get a hot link instead of bacon?
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #100
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Whiskey, guns and blondes ... Can I get a hot link instead of bacon?
Theres a joke in there somewhere....but ill refrain... this time..
No more tee'ing them up like that though.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com