Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
Gary Roberson
Eight Point

Default NRA Convention

As most of you know, the NRA Convention is going to be held in Dallas on May 4-6. Since this convention is being held in Texas, I pray that attendance is strong in light of the Dallas Mayor Carraway warning that the convention should be moved following the demonstrations associated with the Florida school shooting. As you know, the NRA had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting in Florida or any other shooting for that matter. It has never been more important for defenders of our Second Amendment to stand united. If it is possible, please make plans to attend this convention and let the liberals who want to take away our rights know that Texans cannot and will not be bullied.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
oneisnone
Ten Point

I'm planning on attending, wearing my yeti cap, yeti t-shirt and sipping coffee from my yeti tumbler
oneisnone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
tex8569
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneisnone View Post
I'm planning on attending, wearing my yeti cap, yeti t-shirt and sipping coffee from my yeti tumbler
Beat me to it.
tex8569 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

I'll be there on Friday, May 4 to avoid the crowd. Already pre-registered and got my passes for me and the wife.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Gary Roberson
Eight Point

I have been corrected, Carraway is not the mayor, he is Mayor Pro Tem. Either way, I don't want anyone who wants to attend this convention to feel intimidated in any way. In my opinion, this convention is second only to the Shot Show in great exhibitors catering to shooting and hunting.
Adios,
Gary
Old 04-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #6
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

Quote:
Lol
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
tpcollins
Eight Point

Hunt In: Local

I would think Texans would take care of any protesters that got out of line.
tpcollins is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #9
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcollins View Post
I would think Texans would take care of any protesters that got out of line.
That's exactly what the Protesters are counting on.

Best thing to do is ignore them.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #10
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

Wonder how many people will be carrying.
double bogey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
czechgrubworm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West of Mertzon/Vance

I have been before, but not attending this year...
czechgrubworm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
I have been corrected, Carraway is not the mayor, he is Mayor Pro Tem. Either way, I don't want anyone who wants to attend this convention to feel intimidated in any way. In my opinion, this convention is second only to the Shot Show in great exhibitors catering to shooting and hunting.
Adios,
Gary
I will be there. I view liberal politicians opinions similar to those brown things floating in a toilet bowl.

Oh and I will be carrying, wearing something with the NRA and the American flag.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #13
bakin7005
Eight Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
As most of you know, the NRA Convention is going to be held in Dallas on May 4-6. Since this convention is being held in Texas, I pray that attendance is strong in light of the Dallas Mayor Carraway warning that the convention should be moved following the demonstrations associated with the Florida school shooting. As you know, the NRA had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting in Florida or any other shooting for that matter. It has never been more important for defenders of our Second Amendment to stand united. If it is possible, please make plans to attend this convention and let the liberals who want to take away our rights know that Texans cannot and will not be bullied.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Carraway is a real ****. You only need to listen to about 2 minutes of his dribble to figure that out. Mayor Rawlings isn't much better.
That being said, I'll be there Friday. Gonna be a great show with huge turnout. Ain't worried bout no protestin'.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #14
Buckshot-73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney and Glen Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaio1 View Post
I will be there. I view liberal politicians opinions similar to those brown things floating in a toilet bowl.

Oh and I will be carrying, wearing something with the NRA and the American flag.

I find it ironic, The mayor and Carraway, complain about the money spent to provide security for the convention,

YET, have no problem spending $600,000 to remove and try to erase history of a statue of confederate history ...
Buckshot-73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #15
TeamAmerica
Eight Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

I wouldn't give a red cent to the NRA. they are a special interest group just like all the rest.

i'll continue to vote for candidates that understand rights and common sense.
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #16
lbbf
Ten Point

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it. The NRA is still the #1 defender of our 2nd amendment.
lbbf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #17
Charles
Pope & Young

Isn't the convention center posted 30:06 and 30:07
Old 04-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #18
Kmart49
Ten Point

Hunt In: Callahan County/Stephens County

I'm planning on attending.
Kmart49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #19
slomo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Taylor and Nolan county

Would probably be great to attend. I have a hard time with NRA. I like what they fight for, but getting phone calls sometimes more than once a week asking for donations, and knowing their President has a $985k+ per year salary just rubs me the wrong way.. How many $50-150 donations does it take to cover that?
slomo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #20
lbbf
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Isn't the convention center posted 30:06 and 30:07
According to the NRA website concealed carry will be permitted at the convention center.

If you get a lot of NRA calls simply ask them to take you off their call list. It takes about 2 weeks but I haven't received a call in over a year.
lbbf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #21
Gary Roberson
Eight Point

No organization is perfect, but the NRA is still our greatest defender of the Second Amendment and I feel that they are needed now more than ever. I will be there in the Ruger booth, please come by and visit so that I can put a face with some of the names. I will post the times that I will be in the booth as soon as I get them so that it will be easier to get together.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Old 04-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #22
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

Lol, yes!

I plan to attend wearing my new shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #23
Mike D
Pope & Young

Default NRA Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaio1 View Post
I will be there. I view liberal politicians opinions similar to those brown things floating in a toilet bowl. b

Wouldnít it be ironic if the event was posted 30.06/30.07.

Edit: missed the post above, so only half ironic (or moronic whichever you prefer.)

Old 04-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #24
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Lol, yes!

I plan to attend wearing my new shirt.

Why would you go to the NRA convention when you're so opposed to them?

Need some attention, because unless you're standing outside protesting with David Hogg?.....no one inside gives a sh*t about your feelings for the NRA
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #25
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco / Ira

The wife and I will be there for the expo.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #26
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Think there'll be any discussion of the NRA's support of GVROs?
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #27
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

When's the GOA convention?
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #28
Mike D
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Why would you go to the NRA convention when you're so opposed to them?

Need some attention, because unless you're standing outside protesting with David Hogg?.....no one inside gives a sh*t about your feelings for the NRA

I never said I didnít support the NRA. I just donít blindly believe they are the best thing ever for gun owners because they have been less than faithful on some major issues. Plus their tactics on the Yeti issue is pathetic.

As far as your 2nd point, I own more guns than most people on this site and and firmly stand with the 2nd amendment. But I wonít blindly and fully support someone just because. And I donít give a **** what you or anyone inside the convention thinks about my shirt.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #29
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I never said I didn’t support the NRA. I just don’t blindly believe they are the best thing ever for gun owners because they have been less than faithful on some major issues. Plus their tactics on the Yeti issue is pathetic.

As far as your 2nd point, I own more guns than most people on this site and and firmly stand with the 2nd amendment. But I won’t blindly and fully support someone just because. And I don’t give a **** what you or anyone inside the convention thinks about my shirt.

Lol.... that makes perfect sense

Last edited by Traildust; 04-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:52 AM   #30
mwk128
Spike

All weapons will be banned during Vice President Pence's appearance. I see that it's a Secret Service requirement and not an NRA decision, but isn't this just a wee bit hypocritical based on the current administration's stance on the 2nd Amendment. I mean if schools are supposedly safer when teachers are armed doesn't it stand to reason that Vice President Pence would be safer with a convention center full of armed NRA members? I'd have to believe that most NRA members that will be there and carrying are are upstanding law abiding folks that would do anything g to protect their country and are pretty well trained and proficient with their weapons. What will there be, maybe 100 law enforcement officials there including the secret service to protect the VP. If they allowed the convention attendees to carry that would add another thousand or two armed folks there to protect the VP if something went wrong. Also, having all those extra armed people there could actually serve as a deterrent against any bad guys. Just like having armed teachers does ... Just some food for thought.

Here's the link to the article. There's a flyer in there that lists everything that is banned

https://www.nraam.org/events/2018-ev...dership-forum/
mwk128 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2018, 10:46 AM   #31
Puggy625
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

I agree, but do you think that there would be a possibility of someone with nefarious motives that would "slip in" to try and do harm with the VPOTUS there? I do......don't want to take that chance.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 07:43 AM   #32
jer_james
Ten Point

Un-fricken believable ... The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.

Effing ridiculous.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #33
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Un-fricken believable ... The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.

Effing ridiculous.
X2.....it's almost like they are democrats
Old 04-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #34
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Its a a VICE PRESIDENT thing.
Want the VP of the most powerful country of the world to attend/speak at your NRA meeting? Security is security...

Stop blowing **** out of proportion and use a little common sense.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #35
bakin7005
Eight Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

Heads up fellas. Trump train is coming. If you don't have a ticket you better get one quick. I got mine this morning and all that was left were in the yellow section up high. It will sell out today I bet. This is a different ticket than your general admission pass for the convention. Also Secret Service enforcing no firearms. The MSM is acting likes its the NRA's decision and calling them hypocrites.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...-dallas-friday
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #36
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Want the VP of the most powerful country of the world to attend/speak at your NRA meeting? Security is security...

Secret Service demanded it. 'ol jer only knows what cnn and the daily beast tells him.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #37
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk128 View Post
All weapons will be banned during Vice President Pence's appearance. I see that it's a Secret Service requirement and not an NRA decision, but isn't this just a wee bit hypocritical based on the current administration's stance on the 2nd Amendment. I mean if schools are supposedly safer when teachers are armed doesn't it stand to reason that Vice President Pence would be safer with a convention center full of armed NRA members? I'd have to believe that most NRA members that will be there and carrying are are upstanding law abiding folks that would do anything g to protect their country and are pretty well trained and proficient with their weapons. What will there be, maybe 100 law enforcement officials there including the secret service to protect the VP. If they allowed the convention attendees to carry that would add another thousand or two armed folks there to protect the VP if something went wrong. Also, having all those extra armed people there could actually serve as a deterrent against any bad guys. Just like having armed teachers does ... Just some food for thought.

Here's the link to the article. There's a flyer in there that lists everything that is banned

https://www.nraam.org/events/2018-ev...dership-forum/
Teachers can be vetted and attend advance training before being allowed to carry in the classroom. Attendees of this event cannot be vetted.

It has been a long standing policy of the Secret Service to not allow firearms in attendance of Dignitaries.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #38
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Secret Service demanded it. 'ol jer only knows what cnn and the daily beast tells him.
I absolutely know that secret service "demanded" it.

Its a disgrace. There is no excuse.

THEY ARE SAYING BANNING GUNS MAKES HIM MORE SAFE !!!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #39
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:

Im the one not using common sense, when you let a group tell the NRA that the VP is more safe with guns banned?

It's an effing disgrace.

Security is effing security, and trying to ban guns IS NOT security.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #40
systemnt
Pope & Young

Pretty sure Secret Service has a reason for their policies regarding the President or VP's security.
If NRA wants the SECOND HIGHEST government seat in the nation to speak at one of its NATIONAL CONVENTIONS in a hopes to gain momentum to stop GUN CONTROL idiots... the Secret Service concession for this one speaker, is NOT that big a ****in deal.

and IF I'm the only one with guns..and its my job to protect you... yeh... banning guns DOES make you more safe.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #41
jer_james
Ten Point

Who gives an eff about their policies? What is the policy of the NRA?

It is a big effing deal, and the pandering to this stupidity is ridiculous. SECRET SERVICE SAID THE PRESIDENT AND VP ARE SAFER WHEN PERSONAL FIREARMS ARE BANNED, and they just said okay!!

CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW BANS !!!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #42
systemnt
Pope & Young

again...

From the Secret Service perspective..they are absolutely and unarguably correct...
IF THEY Are the only ones with guns...the Pres and VP ARE SAFER than if thousands of unknown, unvetted, armed people are in the same room as them.
Are they completely safe? NO. but they are SAFER.
Its called mitigating risk.
That's common sense.
In order to be able to secure the safety of their wards...which is their entire ****in charter.... they have policies.
IF the NRA didnt think the VP speaking at a NRA Convention was important, they could have said...no thanks.
But the VP speaking IS important.. very important.
More important than knee jerk 'they catering they catering' rants and raves.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #43
jer_james
Ten Point

Common sense is not COMPLETELY destroying your own argument when it comes to guns to let Men speak who obviously don't agree with the same philosophy.

The VP speaking is VERY important. Him speaking in a law abiding gun environment IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW !

They are not correct, and if you think they are, then you are agreeing with the other side.

CRIMINALS DON'T CARE IF THEY BAN GUNS.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #44
systemnt
Pope & Young

Yes I am anti-gun now. You are right.,.,or left... or I'm left... i dont know ...whatever makes you happy.

So ..you wont be going?
Or were you actually going anyway?
Old 04-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #45
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes I am anti-gun now. You are right.,.,or left... or I'm left... i dont know ...whatever makes you happy.

So ..you wont be going?
He'll be outside sporting the Never Again t-shirt.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #46
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:

So ..you wont be going?
It's not about anti-gun. Its about anti-gun law.

The entire argument we have all been using for forever was that criminals dont listen to laws or bans, so I want my option to protect myself should the need arise.

President and VP are speaking, and they agree to ban guns? There is no world in which that is not insane.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #47
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
He'll be outside sporting the Never Again t-shirt.
I'll be outside with my Sig concealed, because they won't let me in with it...
Old 04-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #48
systemnt
Pope & Young

a Real 2A'er would be strapped with his AR, drum mag and carrying TWO sig's in shoulder holsters...UN-Concealed...

you're a 1%er...
Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #49
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
President and VP are speaking, and they agree to ban guns? There is no world in which that is not insane.
Next time get the grande not the venti at starbucks.

Its a private event. They can make what ever rules they want.

YOU ARE BLOWING THIS WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

Lupe Fiasco got removed from the stage at a Free Speech event after an anti Obama rap. I THINK THAT IS MUCH WORSE.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #50
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Next time get the grande not the venti at starbucks.

Its a private event. They can make what ever rules they want.

YOU ARE BLOWING THIS WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

Lupe Fiasco got removed from the stage at a Free Speech event after an anti Obama rap. I THINK THAT IS MUCH WORSE.
Point proven - Look at what this has done to yall, and what you are arguing.

A rap is worse than a Gun rights lobby that represents millions caving into the fallacy that gun bans protect people.