Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #1
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default Ol' Maverick.....Thanks for your service. Enjoy your retirement.....NOW!

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/tec...a-12903143.php

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...er-to-fbi.html
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

Yes sir , I seen that this mornin. He needs to go home and run a weedeater or something. Gonna be shame if he keeps running his mouth and makes himself look like a idiot and lose alot of respect.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #3
tmstuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Yup!
tmstuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Sad all around................
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #5
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

**** McCain and dont call him maverick.
Call him traitor.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Call him traitor.
Or POS!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Call him traitor.
yep
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #8
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

It hurt pulling the lever for him way back when. Tried to convince myself Palin would keep him in check. Convinced now he never intended on winning.

Never cared for the guy. Good Riddance.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #9
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Call him traitor.
I'd say that is true once he got into politics
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #10
Charles
Pope & Young

He's still ****** that he couldn't win the presidency race and is very bitter that Trump did.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
Radar
Ten Point

Yeah its hard to say how we would have ended up if he had won. Palin was his final nail in the coffin
Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Yes sir , I seen that this mornin. He needs to go home and run a weedeater or something. Gonna be shame if he keeps running his mouth and makes himself look like a idiot and lose alot of respect.
too late
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #13
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Call him traitor.
Song Bird
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #14
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Yeah its hard to say how we would have ended up if he had won. Palin was his final nail in the coffin
Palin was the only reason he had any showing at all. Most republicans hated the idea of voting for him but hated the choice less once she was on board.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #15
Radar
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Palin was the only reason he had any showing at all. Most republicans hated the idea of voting for him but hated the choice less once she was on board.
You might be right.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #16
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

he knows he don't have much time left, so he just wants to stick around and be a royal pain in the *** till the end.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:40 PM   #17
Death from Above
Pope & Young

What a joke...so she stopped short of calling torture immoral.

Since when did a government that allows the genocide of millions of unborn set the standard for morality.

Pull the gloves off and let the dog of war end this mess...then we can go back to legislating morality (insert roll eyes here)
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #18
brokeno
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

McCain needs to go home and call it quits.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #19
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Who ever doesn't like it can GTH...you first vato!!

Te juatcho...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #20
Clay C
Ten Point

He’s just another ruling class piece of filth. I’m ok with him retiring, but I don’t want him to enjoy a **** thing. His “whoever doesn’t like it can go to hell remark” is a spit in the face to every American that is tired of this Russia crap. Couldn’t verify if it was true so he felt it was his duty to turn it in? Go jump off a cliff you piece of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 05:55 AM   #21
Radar
Ten Point

Reckon them folks that voted for him last few times is regretting that choice. Dang guy keeps digging a deeper hole.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #22
jer_james
Ten Point

Endured a lot of torture representing the Stars and Stripes. Different views don't make him terrible in my book.

I thank him for his service.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #23
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
You might be right.
He is right.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #24
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I'd say that is true once he got into politics
I could not agree more. Been a odd last 10-12 years but I will not "throw shade".
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Endured a lot of torture representing the Stars and Stripes. Different views don't make him terrible in my book.

Total agreement as there are no controversies surrounding his time in the Hanoi Hilton...that's more than most could ever expect in a lifetime. Easy to talk a big game when you never got off the bench.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #25
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Call him traitor.
I always gladly do so.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #26
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Total agreement as there are no controversies surrounding his time in the Hanoi Hilton...that's more than most could ever expect in a lifetime. Easy to talk a big game when you never got off the bench.
I dont think you could be more wrong.

McCain had a unique POW experience. Initially, he was taken to the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison camp, where he was interrogated. By McCain’s own account, after three or four days, he cracked. He promised his Vietnamese captors, “I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.”His Vietnamese capturers soon realized their POW, John Sidney McCain III, came from a well-bred line of American military elites. McCain’s father, John Jr., and grandfather, John Sr., were both full Admirals. A destroyer, the USS John S. McCain, is named after both of them. While his son was held captive in Hanoi, John McCain Jr., from 1968 to 1972, was the Commander-in-Chief of U.S. Pacific Command; Admiral McCain was in charge of all US forces in the Pacific including those fighting in Vietnam. ..The Admiral’s bad boy was used to special treatment and his captors knew that. They were working him.For his part, McCain acknowledges that the Vietnamese rushed him to a hospital, but denies he was given any “special medical treatment.” However….two weeks into his stay at the Vietnamese hospital, the Hanoi press began quoting him. It was not “name rank and serial number, or kill me,” as specified by the military code of conduct. McCain divulged specific military information: he gave the name of the aircraft carrier on which he was based, the number of US pilots that had been lost, the number of aircraft in his flight formation, as well as information about the location of rescue ships…

McCain told his North Vietnamese captors, “highly classified information, the most important of which was the package routes, which were routes used to bomb North Vietnam. He gave in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn… he gave them what primary targets the United States was interested in.” Hopper contends that the information McCain provided allowed the North Vietnamese to adjust their air-defenses. As result, Hopper claims, the US lost sixty percent more aircraft and in 1968, “called off the bombing of North Vietnam, because of the information McCain had given to them.”

”Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain’s abandonment of veteran’s interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch. “

Last edited by batmaninja; 05-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #27
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I could not agree more. Been a odd last 10-12 years but I will not "throw shade".

Is that way his fellow POW's refer to him as Hanoi Song Bird?

Other theories are the reason he was captured is he disobeyed a no fly zone order and got shot down.

Another is he wasn't qualified to fly to begin with and his father pulled strings so he could continue his pilot career.

I'll "Thank" him for his service all day long but I'll also criticize him for not doing what's good for the country as a whole just because he has an axe to grind with the current President.

Last edited by Charles; 05-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #28
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:

Inside military and veteran circles it is widely believed that Johnny boy did not endure a lot of torturing. Guys that were in the Hanoi Hilton with him have a different story to tell. Pays to have a dad and a grandpa with stars on their collars. You can watch videos on youtube from back in the day with literally hundreds of veterans calling him out for what he did. His nickname is literally "Songbird Mcain" and a retired Army general even called him that live on TV not that long ago.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #29
Clay C
Ten Point

Hero worship is dangerous.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #30
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Inside military and veteran circles it is widely believed that Johnny boy did not endure a lot of torturing. Guys that were in the Hanoi Hilton with him have a different story to tell. Pays to have a dad and a grandpa with stars on their collars. You can watch videos on youtube from back in the day with literally hundreds of veterans calling him out for what he did. His nickname is literally "Songbird Mcain" and a retired Army general even called him that live on TV not that long ago.
What is the story on his arms? I understand the Songbird reference.

I understand what the General said, I have also heard that General say some other things ...
Old 05-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #31
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
What is the story on his arms? I understand the Songbird reference.

I understand what the General said, I have also heard that General say some other things ...
From what I understand the Maverick pulled a Goose. When he ejected over N Vietnam he went up into the canopy and broke his arms. Being that he was not in a place with good hospitals they were never reset properly. At least that's what I have heard.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #32
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
From what I understand the Maverick pulled a Goose. When he ejected over N Vietnam he went up into the canopy and broke his arms. Being that he was not in a place with good hospitals they were never reset properly. At least that's what I have heard.
That is what I have read - There was an issue with the ejection. And the coming home narrative can also be shown in two different lights as well.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #33
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

McCain tells a somewhat different story in his memoir. He says a bystander smashed a rifle butt into his shoulder, breaking it, while someone else stuck a bayonet into his ankle and groin.

Yea, it kinda hurts his credibility when Johnny came out with another version entirely.

If you want a window into the man (leaving out politics, military experience, personal views, etc) look into his first marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_McCain
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #34
J Sweet
Pope & Young

There was a big push back in the day by Vietnam Vets lobbying congress to try and put pressure on Vietnam in terms of tracking down on the POW/MIA that never came home. The guys knew the prisons and knew their buddies were still there as slave laborers. John McCain shut them down at every turn he could. He refused to allow any looking into of the prisons and possible MIA/POWs still out there. Fought it tooth and nail. Said he knew for a fact there were none. Go to you tube and watch the videos of the testimony on capitol hill back in the 80s I think it was. Disgusting.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #35
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
There was a big push back in the day by Vietnam Vets lobbying congress to try and put pressure on Vietnam in terms of tracking down on the POW/MIA that never came home. The guys knew the prisons and knew their buddies were still there as slave laborers. John McCain shut them down at every turn he could. He refused to allow any looking into of the prisons and possible MIA/POWs still out there. Fought it tooth and nail. Said he knew for a fact there were none. Go to you tube and watch the videos of the testimony on capitol hill back in the 80s I think it was. Disgusting.
Ive looked at some of them - His temper is ridiculous. Most of the people that seek information have criticized him personally and called into question his integrity / experience.

Not an excuse at all, but insulting someone with his obvious control doesnt seem to have worked in their favor.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #36
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ive looked at some of them - His temper is ridiculous. Most of the people that seek information have criticized him personally and called into question his integrity / experience.

Not an excuse at all, but insulting someone with his obvious control doesnt seem to have worked in their favor.
My question is what's his motivation. I mean why would you stonewall that? I guess I can believe him or I can believe the countless vets that served in Vietnam that have told me different.

Regardless of all that, he has done a lot of harm to the American people out of greed and ego. Especially as of late, voting against something the majority are for just out of spite because he hates Trump. Shows no character, nor morals and no compassion towards his fellow man. Just like a songbird in POW camp would act.

I could be wrong but that my .02
Old 05-17-2018, 02:50 AM   #37
Thumper
Pope & Young

He's not right in the head due to medical reasons, but it sure looks like his true colors are coming out. Just another never Trump're.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top