Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default Modern Parenting Cali Style

My cousin showed me this video and all the women think its just precious. Comments on social media praise the little feller for being "free spirited". I am just curious as I was raised very different. Not being a team player, showboating, pushing the coach off of me (coach is his father fyi). Talking with friends and family and seeing the comments makes me think I am part of a dying breed. If I had done that as a kid my pants would of been pulled down in front of all and the "free spirit" would of been belted out of my *** the entire way to home base.

I am curious as to y'alls opinion on what I see as disrespect and poor sportsmanship.

http://www.kron4.com/news/national/v...ome/1152025061
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

kids not a little leaguer.. hes a toddler about 3 seconds away from pickin daisies in the outfield and is enjoying himself doing something that hes not even sure at this point why...

still wouldve gotten a swat on his butt to get moving.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

My kid is playing his first year of baseball at 10y/o. There are several kids who played last year that think they are the best ball players in the league......but they suk. Their attitudes if seen in my boy will certainly get a busted butt. I dont see the kid in the video you linked in that same type category. I just see a kids doing what little kids do.....weird stuff.
Now my opinion might change if i knew this kid and he had a history of disrespect
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
J Sweet
Pope & Young

My biggest problem with what I saw was when his dad and coach tried correcting his behavior and he just pushed him off. Now my dad also used to beat the **** out of us on a regular basis so I may just be biased haha.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

I couldn't imagine any parent wearing their kids butt out over that.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #6
bsills
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Maverick County

I thought it was pretty funny, if you ever get the chance to go to a t ball game i would highly encourage it. They are hilarious and most of the kids have no idea whats going on. Kid was not showboating, just being a 3yr old.
bsills is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
J Sweet
Pope & Young

****, so far it looks like I was beaten un-necessarily a lot in life hahaha.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #8
Hunter Todd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin co. /Boswell, Ok.

That reminds me of my sons first Tball game. I was coaching and the first time he hit the ball he just walked all the way to first base. I was walking beside him screaming for him to run! He never sped up, just walked all the way. When we got home I was aking him what was the deal??! he looked up at me and said "Dad, I dont look cool when I run". I almost passed out from laughing.
Hunter Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #9
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
****, so far it looks like I was beaten un-necessarily a lot in life hahaha.
Haha - I'm right there with you.

Not sure I would have whooped him for that, but I would have said something as a parent for sure after the Coach came out.

If it's a repeated behavior, then I would definitely kick his butt.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #10
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsills View Post
I thought it was pretty funny, if you ever get the chance to go to a t ball game i would highly encourage it. They are hilarious and most of the kids have no idea whats going on. Kid was not showboating, just being a 3yr old.
My daughter started at a very early age in Softball. Tball and then coaches pitch. It used to be fun to watch because all of their scores came from being walked home as none of them at that age could catch the ball or make decent contact with a bat.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
Charles
Pope & Young

Your putting to much thought into this Sweet.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #12
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oakwood

I thought that was funny for about 5 seconds, and I can actually appreciate the kids quick thinking to come up with that. But to hold the entire game up to act silly for that long needed correcting. If it were my son I would have told him to start running, if he would have rebelled I would have picked him up and hauled him off to the car. We would have then had a good talk or a butt whipping depending on how he responded to the talk.

On another note; what I just described takes consistency. You canít let your kid get away with whatever they want to most of the time and then once in a while try to get it under control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cajun shooter; 05-02-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Cajun shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #13
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Your putting to much thought into this Sweet.
Its just the way I was brought up, good or bad. I told my wife last night if that was my son I would of calmly gone onto the field to tell him to hustle to the base. If he refused that's called sassing where Im from and the way I was brought up you get your butt whooped. If he had then pushed me away his little *** would of been worn out quick in front of all of his friends.

I will add I raised my daughter like this and she is now 15, 3.7 plus GPA almost ever report card and flies straight. For years other parents would always comment to me about how well behaved she was compared to theirs. The secret my friends lies in the open hand spanking.

Im not telling anyone what to do with their kids, that's their business. I was just curious as to my fellow PACE users opinions. If I had posted this in the main forum Id be arguing with a hundred right now about what a POS I am haha. Pretty funny that PACE has become less heated than ATC these days.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

"Hey kid.... I'll race ya"

gets em every time
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
Rush2Judge
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wood County

This is not a battle I would pick. With the benefit of hind sight after raising two boys, this definitely falls into the category of small stuff. It's a game and needs to be fun especially for a 3 year old. Not enough kids are outside anymore. Nothing wrong with mentioning after the game over an ice cream cone that his shenanigans were kind of funny - ONCE. Not to be repeated.
Rush2Judge is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

I got my azz whipped plenty growing up and made it a habit to whip my kidsí, but not sure thatís deserving of one. Iíve been to too many t-ball games with 3 boys of my own to know there would be nothing but butt whippings going on if you were going to whip them for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #17
equyst
Four Point

Pretty interesting posting
equyst is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #18
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

It's funny once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #19
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

It was funny. I think it was completely a case of the kid playing the game in his mind, the world be ****ed. I doubt he was showboating, more like emulating what he has seen on TV, disney etc. However, I would have spoken to him about it after. If he did it again, there would be a consequence. How much can you be mad at the kid, he looks to be a toddler and about 18 months removed from crapping in his pants.
lanceodom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #20
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
It was funny. I think it was completely a case of the kid playing the game in his mind, the world be ****ed. I doubt he was showboating, more like emulating what he has seen on TV, disney etc. However, I would have spoken to him about it after. If he did it again, there would be a consequence. How much can you be mad at the kid, he looks to be a toddler and about 18 months removed from crapping in his pants.
I agree at that age it can be cute. Any older it is showboating. Something goes with throwing helmets and temertamptrums. I tell Riley all the time never let your success go to your head or your failures go to your heart..and that includes being a sore loser
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #21
Rubberdown
Eight Point

If that was my kid , I’d put chariots of Fire on my phone to set the mood. Then later I’d say don’t do it again and explain about sportsmanship. Then we’d get ice cream. Jerez is Dairy Queen or Braum’s still in buisness? I haven’t seen one in years.
Rubberdown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top