No announcement yet.

Guys with new F250s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask why you need an auxiliary fuel tank. I have a 17 Duramax and when I fill it up at 600 miles till empty man I'm ready to get out by then

Comment

Geez if you can afford a new f-250 2400.00 is a drop int the bucket

Comment

I found a 60 gal combo box to get installed. I have the stock 34 gal.

Reason I want to use it is to use my bulk fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          My thoughts exactly! My 2018 now has a 34 gallon. I think the F350's have a 42 now.
          My 2017 F-350 has a 48 gallon fuel tank. I sure like that

Comment

I have a 75 gallon tank in my F-350 it will go 1100 miles .

Comment

We have a ‘13 f350 that has a stock 35 gallon plus a transfer flow 50 low profile in the bed. It sure is nice to pull a camper and not have to stop every 300-400 miles for fuel. Even getting 10mpg I have 850 mile range. I usually get 12-13 pulling the camper when not in the mountains. I think I’ll look at a replacement on the next truck since I’ll probably go 250 with standard bed.

Comment

I have a 40gal aux tank under toolbox that gravity flows to main tank via a kit from Northern. Will never be without one.

Comment

Indeed, very interesting thread

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Can I ask why you need an auxiliary fuel tank. I have a 17 Duramax and when I fill it up at 600 miles till empty man I'm ready to get out by then

I promise you won’t get 600 miles towing much of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Geez if you can afford a new f-250 2400.00 is a drop int the bucket
                      I’m pretty sure they didn’t get to that point by spending money unnecessarily.

Comment

I’ve got a 40 gal tank in the bed of my 17 350, but I’ve got an aux Fill Rite pump on it. I think I’ve got $300 in the tank, and the gravity system was only another $50-60. My pump was $350, but you won’t need that.

My 350 is a crew cab long bed, so I have the 48 gal tank from the factory. It sure is nice to have 88 gal on hand, and still have bed space. I hate stopping for fuel when the goose is hooked up. A lot of towns I frequent have only one or two stations that aren’t very trailer friendly. It’s nice being able to not pick them. I’m headed to Alberta CA in two weeks, and diesel is over $5.50 a gal there currently. I’ll probably fill both tanks this side of the border, and not have to fill again until I get back over some ways. Not a ton of money saved, but enough that I’m glad it’s there.
                        Last edited by TX03RUBI; 06-08-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Do you ever go to Odessa? My cousin owns the offroad center there on 42nd. PM me if you do and I’ll give you some info on who to talk to there.

Comment

I didn't see he said he was towing

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Found a 60 gal deezee in San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                I didn't see he said he was towing
                                if he isn't then he shoulda got a 150.....

Comment

Working...
                                X