Hunt with a Pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt with a Pistol?

Do you hunt deer, hogs, axis, etc., with a pistol? If so, what pistol, caliber, and round do you use and what are your experiences with how they perform?

Thanks

Following along, i would love a revolver with scope or a contender

Comment

Encore .308. Anything that moves. 150 gr federal fusions. It kills things rather well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Contender 30-30 and Ruger .44 MAG. I like the 30-30 out of the 2. Have yet to take a deer with either but it is a goal of mine. Hogs only so far.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hunt with a Pistol?

Glock 40 MOS 10mm
          Dropped a Aoudad in its tracks
          Pig at 50 yards ran 20 yards before piling up

Wish I wouldn’t have sold the setup to DryCreek [emoji3]

I’ll have a 220 in 10mm within a year though!
          Last edited by 150class; 06-04-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I was walking back to my stand after taking a poop in the woods. Glock 32

Comment

[QUOTE=savin yours;13411746]I was walking back to my stand after taking a poop in the woods.QUOTE]

That’s too funny.

Comment

[I was walking back to my stand after taking a poop in the woods]

That’s too funny.

Comment

Deer with a .44, .41, .260 Rem, and .375 Win. Hogs with a 10mm and a .40 S&W. They all got the job done.

Comment

Newberg had Todd Orr on his podcast not long ago discussing hunting elk with his pistol. It's something that has never interested me but it seems to get a lot of people hooked once they try it.

Comment

44 has work fine. Have killed a few with a 454 but the ones with a 44 were just as dead

Comment

Figured I would add pics of victims. Only killed a couple does and some rabbits other than the buck and boar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1486.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	24542223

Name:	IMG_1484.jpg
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	24542224

Name:	IMG_1483.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24542225

Comment

Used to quite a bit when I had private land to hunt on. T/C Contender here, in .35 Rem, .44, .41, .45-.410. And a 3" RG in 38special. Furthest shot was 101 yard frontal neck shot just below the jaw, and into the sun rise, with the 14" .35 Rem barrel. I've run a heck of a lot of hand loads through that .35 Rem barrel from 115gr 9mm pills to 250gr Speer Spitzers over the years I've had it. First deer was in 1985 with a 14" .41 Rem. Most fun was with the 10" Contender .45/.410 barrel hunting hogs in the dark with a flash light.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-04-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Iv posted my 44 mag on here before on other threads. Only thing iv killed with it so far is a rattlesnake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger blackhawk .357 - have shot a couple deer with it. My son shot a javi at 30 yards with it. open sights.

Comment

Working...
                              X