I need a plumbers advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just built a shop near my house. I now need to run water to it. I dug up the main lines coming from the well to the house, and discovered it was 1” black poly line. The run to the shop is about 230-240’. Can I just tee into the 1” line feeding the house with another 1” black poly line, and run that to the shop?

The dark black line is the new line I want to run.

The only fixtures will be 2 sinks, a small 6gal water heater, and a couple hose bibs.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 05-17-2018, 10:40 AM.

I am no plumber, but I think a 1" line to the new shop would be a little overkill, just my opinion. Could save you a little bit of $$ going to 3/4" or 1/2".

Comment

That should work just fine

Comment

Put in valves to shutoff water to house and shop separately.

Comment

Definitely run full size 1" to the new shop. Over that distance the larger than seemingly necessary pipe size will help over come the distance.

Install a valve box at the tee connection near the well and put in shut off valves for the house and shop. If someday you have a leak you can isolate it easier.

Comment

Whats the main line gpm or psig?

Comment

My plan is to install a valve box with separate valves for the house and shop. Idk gpm’s? The well supplies my yard sprinkler system just fine, so I don’t think gpm’s should be an issue.

Thanks for the advice!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-17-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

One other question: can anyone give me a reason why there would be 2 separate supply lines going to the house? Since I have it dug up, I will install valves on both, and then try to isolate what each feeds, but I was surprised to see 2 lines there???? I know they both go to the house, and not the sprinkler system (I’ve already found that line).

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-17-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  One other question: can anyone give me a reason why there would be 2 separate supply lines going to the house? Since I have it dig up, I will install valves on both, and then try to isolate what each feeds, but I was surprised to see 2 lines there???? I know they both go to the house, and not the sprinkler system (I’ve already found that line).

Bisch

Not sure but installing valves on them and experimenting might help answer the question.

Comment

Don't chew your finger nails, and payday is Friday! that's all I got for you.

Comment

I would go with 1 inch to be sure you carry the water pressure.

Comment

Possible 2 1" lines to have enough flow to supply the house. If that's the case then 1 1" to the shop may not be enough.

Where do the 2 1" lines start at? From a tee at the well pump or somewhere further down the line? And what size is the pump outlet? You may have to start tee'ing from that point...

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          One other question: can anyone give me a reason why there would be 2 separate supply lines going to the house? Since I have it dug up, I will install valves on both, and then try to isolate what each feeds, but I was surprised to see 2 lines there???? I know they both go to the house, and not the sprinkler system (I’ve already found that line).

Bisch

Maybe 1 is for sprinkler system and the other is for the house??

Comment

^^^^
                            This is why you have 2 x 1" lines heading towards the house.

I have the same thing at my place.

Comment

It is definitely not for the sprinkler system. There is a separate pvc pipe going to the sprinkler system.

This house is weird! We have been remodeling. While redoing the master shower and a second bath, there are pex pipes sticking out of the slab that are not hooked to anything, along with others that go to the fixtures.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X