X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a little more done today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of paint do y’all suggest for a smoker? Does the high-temp rattle can last? If not what is a good paint? I do have a spray gun by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        What kind of paint do y’all suggest for a smoker? Does the high-temp rattle can last? If not what is a good paint? I do have a spray gun by the way.

Purchase POR-15 High Temp extreme heat-resistant paint online now! This coating can withstand extreme temperatures up to 1200°F and will resist UV, cracking/chipping.

It’s not cheap but it’s legit.

Comment

Making some more progress.

Comment

Nice job Raider...very clean welding. I'm always amazed by the redneck ingenuity and talent on the green screen.

Comment

Looking Good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                Nice job Raider...very clean welding. I'm always amazed by the redneck ingenuity and talent on the green screen.
                Originally posted by redoak77 View Post
                Looking Good!!
                Thanks guys. Should get a lot more done today. I'm hoping to get it finished up by this weekend minus burning it out and painting.

Comment

You sir, have some mad welding skills.

Comment

Well, I’m finally done with all of the welding. All I lack is a little bit of grinding, paint and installing thermometers. It’s been a fun project, but I’m glad it’s about ready to cook on!

Comment

Looks good, nice job stacken those nickels.

Comment

Where do you find good pipe that size that's a reasonable price all I find is stupid expensive

I have sssn 24" x 1/4in and 24" x 1/2in but its so expensive and if looked for reject pipe also but hard to find the big sizes

If you get used how do you k ow something nastt hasn't been through it?

kronik by Diamond
                        Last edited by TxKronik; 05-17-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                          Where do you find good pipe that size that's a reasonable price all I find is stupid expensive

I have sssn 24" x 1/4in and 24" x 1/2in but its so expensive and if looked for reject pipe also but hard to find the big sizes

If you get used how do you k ow something nastt hasn't been through it?

kronik by Diamond
                          I bought the pipe at Snyder Iron and Metal in Snyder. I think I paid $24 a foot and then like $5 for them to cut 5 foot off of a joint. (It helps that there is quite a bit of oilfield work around my area) It wasn't new, but if I had to guess, the pipe I got was extra from a pipeline and never had anything through it. I would just make sure that it isn't nasty on the inside and then just burn it out with a really hot fire. If I were you, I would just call around to all of the scrap yards around your area. Someone is sure to have some pieces in the scrap pile or some joints to cut off.

Comment

Thanks

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Got everything seasoned yesterday. Now I have some ribs and a drunk chicken smoking this afternoon.

Comment

The door ended up being way heavier than I thought it was, so I ended up putting a counter weight on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X