Anyone ever stain concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever stain concrete?

Have a 350 sq ft back porch that’s just plain white concrete. It’s clean, new and needs some color. Instead of tiling I’m thinking of trying to stain it with acid stain. It’s a brushed finished so I figure I need to rent a concrete sander and smooth it down. Any advice is appreciated ...
    Thx

It's cheap and simple to do. Labor intensive kinda like painting. (it's the prep and cleanup)

Comment

Lots and lots of mopping. Yes, the prep and clean up are the problem.
      It’s worth it though, I love stained concrete. Not sure about the brushed finish and or sanding, might better talk to the stain folks first.

Comment

I will never DIY stained concrete again...ever! I would rather stare at the sun than stain concrete. It's too hard to get right and while your standing there looking at your crappy stained concrete, the first thing you'll think is 'wow..that was not worth the effort.' Second thing is 'what can I do to cover this crap up?'

Comment

It it has an stains or is not a fresh pour with nothing on it since it has dried it will show all the crappy stains and problems and basically look like crap.

Comment

I have alot of it

Comment

Not on purpose.

Comment

We are in the process now. We tore up all the old flooring (tile and carpet). Holy smokes it's a pain. Lots of work just getting floors ready. We had stained concrete in old house that we put in when we built it. I know you can do an overlay but we didn't. It's a project that's not expensive so if you don't like it then cover it up with a different flooring material

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up kemiko products. They have the acid stain and real good how to videos. You can by the cleaner and everything. I would definitely do the outside patio. It would look cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can afford to have someone do it then it will be worth every penny. Stained concrete looks great. A good friend did his entire bardo that way.

Comment

my truck did once

Comment

They have dye now that helps with previous spot that can not be removed

Comment

Good friends of mine do it for a living. One is in Abilene and the other is in the Austin area. From what I hear, it's better to let the pros do it...

Comment

I sent you a pm

Comment

I would be worried about it being slick on a patio.

Comment

Working...
                              X