ISO Reliable 12V Feeder Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Reliable 12V Feeder Kits

I have four Chas Mac feeders. Last year 3/4 failed on me and needed new motors or timers. This year I am going to swap the feeder kits on them all because I spent more time fixing feeders than hunting last year.

What is the most reliable 12V corn feeder unit you have used?

Thank you

Right here.

Comment

West Texas Feeder Supply

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        Yup. I second these. We have several and they work great

Comment

Like he said, West Texas Feeder Supply!

Comment

What was the issue with the feeders not throwing? Did you contact Chas Mac about the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              What was the issue with the feeders not throwing? Did you contact Chas Mac about the problem?
              Bad timers that switched switched on randomly, emptied the feeder and spun the plate until the battery drained.

One motor issue that I could not figure what was happening with it. Replaced battery, nothing. New wiring harness, nothing. New timer, nothing.

Of the four feeders I have two that are wench feeders, one slipped and dropped a full 55 gal drum of corn and ruined the unit on it thankfully nothing was standing under it.

I live out of state and had limited time to hunt this year. It was extremely annoying to get in my stand and check cameras and see that feeders had not been working for weeks.

For the price of their products I am extremely disappointed.

I considered contacting them but have no desire to continue to use their products, I will just replace them with something that is more reliable. Their control panels are horribly designed and not user friendly at all. They started using All Season timers last year, mine do not have these timers they are their older timers and they are no bueno.
              Last edited by yotethumper; 03-06-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

ForEverlast

Comment

Triple C.

Comment

I ordered ASF Units with the eliminator plate. I bought them from Cast and Bang. There was a website issue on checkout, so I messaged the company. The owner Ryan immediately sent me a facebook message with his phone number and told me to call him (after hours at 8 PM). I gave him a call and he got it fixed in a minute. He also gave me 10% off. Now that is quality service! While I can't comment on the quality of the product because I haven't used them yet I can say that the company that sold them, Cast and Bang, knows how to give good customer service.

Comment

Ultramatic’s have been very dependable. 8-9 years!!!

I also have had good luck with Texas Hunter product’s 12V and we run several of them year around.

And if you want to “set it and forget it”, check out the game country II. Perfect, but only two years so far.

Game Country USA is the hunter’s choice for “set it and forget it” wildlife feeder mechanisms.

Comment

Ultramatic sells The Timer product which comes from West Texas Feeder Supply

I can’t say enough nice things about both of them. They have great parts and service. Quick to respond. I like doing business with them, but my feeders have been reliable since I upgraded to The Timer products.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Foreverlast, Ultramaric, All Seasons. Don’t think you can go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                            I have four Chas Mac feeders. Last year 3/4 failed on me and needed new motors or timers. This year I am going to swap the feeder kits on them all because I spent more time fixing feeders than hunting last year.

What is the most reliable 12V corn feeder unit you have used?

Thank you
                            I have three of the 85 gallon feeders from ChasMac.....I have long since replaced the motors and timers. I use the Timer in all my feeders....a total of 7....I usually end of replacing about one timer a year, which means they are lasting about 7 years on average. I had to replace rhe whole unit on one of the 85 gallon feeders when the cable snapped when it was full of corn. I bought the whole unit from Dickenson Farm Supply. I have bought timers from Ultra as well. I usually pickup a timer and a motor a year at the Hunters Ex as you can usually find deals on them there.

Comment

This? Or with the Eliminator?

Capture by bjhenry, on Flickr
                              Last edited by Outback; 03-07-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X