? about buying a used truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about buying a used truck

I have a dealer that I've worked with since 1991. I trust this guy so much that I don't want to buy from anyone else. He just makes everything super easy.

If I found a used truck at another dealer, is it cool to ask him to go get that truck so I can buy it from him?

If this was a new truck, I'd just buy one from him. But this would be the first used vehicle I've ever bought.

Wouldnt you be paying more than you would just getting it from the first guy? Everyone has to make some money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
      Wouldnt you be paying more than you would just getting it from the first guy? Everyone has to make some money on it.
      I assume a dealer to dealer sale would be at a lower cost that selling to me outright. So maybe I'd be paying the same?

Obviously I don't really know how this works.

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
        I assume a dealer to dealer sale would be at a lower cost that selling to me outright. So maybe I'd be paying the same?

Obviously I don't really know how this works.
        Youre probably right. He prob has the hook up over you.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
          Youre probably right. He prob has the hook up over you.
          He has gotten new trucks from other dealers for me before. So there has to be some sort of insider pricing deal going on.

Surely someone on here is in the car business.

Comment

I JUST WENT THRU THIS LAST MONTH.... I had always used the same place for years, but this place had what I wanted, and I went ahead and did the deal... but Lord have Mercy...... I regret it so much, now, I will never stray again, Greenville Chrysler will never ever get me business again... never ever, ever ...... the worst after car sale customer service I have ever had.... stick with the one that has done you right.... I would gladly pay a little more, for a more reputable experience............

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
              He has gotten new trucks from other dealers for me before. So there has to be some sort of insider pricing deal going on.

Surely someone on here is in the car business.
              WAY different getting a new vehicle traded between dealers. I believe when that happens they just trade similar valued vehicles from the lots. I could be dead wrong, but that is my understanding.

Comment

Show him what you found and see what he can do. Either he will want to keep your business or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                  Show him what you found and see what he can do. Either he will want to keep your business or not.
                  this is so true... the one I used said they could get what ever I wanted, from wherever.... of course for a small fee...

Comment

with new, dealers just trade for it. with used, its not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post

I trust this guy so much that even if he couldn't do this one, I bet he could find me something comparable in the future. He's done me right so many times, he gets my business just from past history.

Comment

It doesn't really work on used like it does for new. It can be done, but he is just buying from the other guy then selling to you. Probably not worth his time IMO.

Comment

Buy the truck through him but pay him some sort of commission for his time.

Comment

New cars have a set cost. Dealer trade for new cars is simple...Car A cost $34,592.81. They receive car in trade from lot that comes as close to cost of car A. A check will be made out for difference. Used cars have no set cost so they will charge your buddy what ever they want. And trust me they will make money.

Comment

Talk to him about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X