Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance guys . Need your advice and or help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance guys . Need your advice and or help!

In August we bought 5 acres with 2 houses on the property.

One of the houses is a mobile home. It is 13 years old and in really good shape. I struggled to get insurance on it but it is insured. It seems expensive to me. Give me some leads on where to get mobile home insurance?????

The other house is nice as too. It is pier and beam. I can talk about ensuring that one as well.

If any of yall sell insurance shoot me a PM with your cell and we can talk about different options.

Thanks
    David

Not an insurance guy but we got a farm policy when we bought our farm. At the time there was a house and barn on the property (since split off). Under the farm policy you can cover multiple dwellings and types. Policy covered that place plus the house we live in 20 miles away. A lot of farms have help quarters, etc. as it was explained to us. We have Nationwide. Used to run about $1800 before we split off the farm house with 5 acres. It's about $1000 now but also includes a $1MM umbrella. Not sure if that is available down there but should be an insurance company offering a similar product.

Comment

Foremost will insure both houses. A mobile home in an unprotected area (rural) is just gonna be expensive regardless of who insures it.

There is pretty much no such thing as a partial fire in a moblie home!

Trailboss

Comment

Ttt...anybody else?

Comment

pretty much Foremost for the trailer house if you want decent coverage.
          lots of mobile home policies only pay actual cash value instead of replacement cost.

how much is it worth?

I'd be talking to a good independent agent instead of us yahoos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            pretty much Foremost for the trailer house if you want decent coverage.
            lots of mobile home policies only pay actual cash value instead of replacement cost.

how much is it worth?

I'd be talking to a good independent agent instead of us yahoos on here.
            Hehe, Ya bunch of yahoos
            I figured there would be a couple of independent guys on here that would chime in. It's valued at $35000

Comment

Call a local Germania agent . You dontt need a farm liability, regular liability will suffice. If it is less then 20 years old you can get replacement coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                In August we bought 5 acres with 2 houses on the property.

One of the houses is a mobile home. It is 13 years old and in really good shape. I struggled to get insurance on it but it is insured. It seems expensive to me. Give me some leads on where to get mobile home insurance?????

The other house is nice as too. It is pier and beam. I can talk about ensuring that one as well.

If any of yall sell insurance shoot me a PM with your cell and we can talk about different options.

Thanks
                David
                contact deerslayer94 here on the greenscreen he is an agent for tripleA

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Shoot me a pm if you like.. I could probably get you lined out. There are several carriers that will cover a mobile home, especially on the farm/ranch side. Could be more options if it's got different addresses etc.

Comment

Thanks for the responses fellas!

Comment

pm headed your way

Comment

We used Foremost when we had a trailer house. Started out at $140 a month. Over 10 years it increased to $170. Glad we are out of that house.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                          X