Rangefinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder

How do you guys carry your rangefinders in the field...on a lanyard, in your pocket, some sort of chest pack, etc?

I have a Nikon Arrow ID that I really like. I typically keep it on a call lanyard, but the little eyelets in the cover that came with it are pretty weak, so I am concerned about losing it.

I keep mine in a pocket in my fanny pack, carry my binos there also.

Comment

I fight with the same thing especially spot and stalk. The best I came up with, I use two rubber bands and attach it to my Binocular harness close to my shoulder. I also attach the little lanyard with the range finder to the strap for security.

Comment

Lanyard around neck and under right arm pit. Binos on a harness

Easy to grab with release hand, range, drop, shoot. I've tried everything else and keep going back to this method

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Easy to grab with release hand, range, drop, shoot. I've tried everything else and keep going back to this method
          Exactly how I do it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

How do you have it attached to the lanyard. The little neoprene cover that mine comes with doesn't seem to be too sturdy.

Comment

Basic lanyard
              Attached Files

Comment

I kept mine in my backpack but that backfired on me while stalking a group of axis up the side of a hill in Kerr County. I didn't have it handy when i pushed through brush to find my target buck. I guessed the distance and took my shot which swished right under his **** chest. After he took off, i pulled my rangefinder out to find that i had underestimated the distance by 12 yards smh. After that i always kept it in my pant pocket for quick retrieval

Comment

Buy a nightize metal clip and stick it to the rangefinder. You can keep the lanyard but then you can clip it on a bino harness or tree harness or pocket. Super easy and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    I fight with the same thing especially spot and stalk. The best I came up with, I use two rubber bands and attach it to my Binocular harness close to my shoulder. I also attach the little lanyard with the range finder to the strap for security.
                    This but I use a caribiner attached to my bino harness. It’s right there handy and easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                      This but I use a caribiner attached to my bino harness. It’s right there handy and easy to use.
                      I liked this method too. But didn't like my rangefinder hitting my binos while stalking

Comment

I used the leupold vendetta 2 bow mounted range finder. At full draw with the press of a button mounted to the grip I get my range.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the ideas y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X