Crappie rods/reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie rods/reels

What are y'all using? I need some light stuff for crappie fishing and am lost. I fish mostly salt now days, and if I'm in fresh I'm bass fishing with same tackle. I don't have any light stuff, would like spinning gear I think, but have no idea what is good. Any help?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

the Crappie Max rods at bass pro are good

Comment

Wally world has some decent ultra lite rods and reels...

Unless you wanna compete with Slew and Buff. Then go high dollar 11ft. Rods.

Or, be like Radar and uncle Pat..... use broomstick catfish rods. [emoji23][emoji41][emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        [emoji23][emoji41][emoji33]
        Never been into the peter measuring contest, who likes losing? [emoji44] Don't need anything special, just want something that will be practical, comfortable, and work. Don't mind spending a little to have decent stuff, but don't need to impress anyone either.

Comment

I like small lews speed spool spinning reels or pfluger. I really like the 7ft wally marshal pro series or 7 ft b&m sam heaton super sensitive rods. I did pick up some 8ft pro anglers from Slew and they are great also.

Comment

Acc crappie stix and uglystik crappie.

I have one proangler that I use occasionally but the tips are easy to break imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              Never been into the peter measuring contest, who likes losing? [emoji44] Don't need anything special, just want something that will be practical, comfortable, and work. Don't mind spending a little to have decent stuff, but don't need to impress anyone either.

[emoji23][emoji16][emoji851]

I love my ugly stick ultra lites with a shakespear spinning reel.

Catches just as many fish as the high dollar stuff.

Comment

Wally world has some decent ultra lite rods and reels...

Or, be like Radar and uncle Pat..... use broomstick catfish rods. [emoji23][emoji41][emoji33]
                We catch all them big one's we have to have big sticks to turn um[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I gotta know what your planning on doing with it but I use 10-11’ Jenko Kevin Rogers series with Abu Black Max baitcasters and 7’ Grods for swimming jigs and dock shooting. My customers get Bonehead rods for shooting docks but I’ve about broke all those so probably move to Jenkos

Comment

A fly rod with a lite spinning real works pretty good. Easy to get up under the over hanging brush without spooking them.

Comment

So my favorite rods are by Pro Angler. Excellent backbone and tip for crappie fishing. I really like the sensitivity. For shooting docks I use the 6’ 6” rod and then for just jigging out on tree tops and brush piles I like my 8’ rods. They are very reasonably priced also. I get the cork grips. As for reels I have a few Pflueger Trions in 2000 series as well as a Daiwa Revros. All super affordable. So far all of them have been super durable and I fish A LoT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji23][emoji16][emoji851]

I love my ugly stick ultra lites with a shakespear spinning reel.

Catches just as many fish as the high dollar stuff.

For you, I'd believe that. I've seen you fish. And your results.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          I gotta know what your planning on doing with it but I use 10-11’ Jenko Kevin Rogers series with Abu Black Max baitcasters and 7’ Grods for swimming jigs and dock shooting. My customers get Bonehead rods for shooting docks but I’ve about broke all those so probably move to Jenkos
                          Mostly fishing brushpiles, maybe some cypress knees in the spring, and a little trolling, but mostly jigging brushpiles.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            Mostly fishing brushpiles, maybe some cypress knees in the spring, and a little trolling, but mostly jigging brushpiles.

8’ Pro angler is pretty salty. If you wanna go longer I would look at 10-11’ Jenko Kevin Rogers. Both are similar in price and have replacement tips available.

Comment

For crappie I use a 7' light action spinning rod (salt water popping rod) with a small shimano spinning reel with 10 pound braid. Same rig I used to use free shrimping for specs. I do have some medium action that I will rig for minnow fishing with a slip cork on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                              X