National Gaurd/ROTC/active duty/reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Gaurd/ROTC/active duty/reserve

My son is a junior in high school and we have been discussing his future.

His desire is to go ROTC and enter the army after college. He is a VERYintelligent young man with aspirations to serve in JAG. Perhaps a future in politics.

Any advice or input as we begin the scholarship/recruiting process.

He will join the NG while in college to receive "time in"

Any advice or questions that we need ask would be a great help.

Thanks

My suggestion is join the reserves as 38A civil affairs. Very enjoyable job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ttt

Comment

Well if he joins the NG he has possibility of deploying which could slow him down in school. If it were me and I could do over again I would get my degree first then join the Army.

Comment

Brandon, check your PM's.

Comment

Check out Texas A &M, join the corp, contract with army as a sophomore, and receive a stipend while in school. Lot of contacts made there. My son will graduate in December and be commissioned as a 2nd Lt.

Comment

I received a scholarship for rotc when I came to school. I didn't end up staying in, but In my experience if you are smp (rotc and national guard) they do the best they can not to deploy you. At them at point you are an investment and they want you to finish school. It's a good program of that's what you want to do!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

If I remember correctly, if you are a cadidiot (cadet) you are considered non-deployable until you graduate and finish all of your initial training.

Comment

Thanks gents. We are wading thru lots info to make certain all opportunities are on the board.

Want to take advantage of all the benefits out there...leaning towards SMP with ROTC and National Gaurd. Then a 4plus stint in active duty with reserves afterwards.

Really wish i had done this as a young man. The sky is the limit for youngsters now a days.

Comment

Working...
                  X