Who is in for Constitutional Carry for Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    That argument carries ZERO weight with me.

If a person makes the decision to carry a gun, they should EDUCATE THEMSELVES on the weapon and the laws and suffer the consequences if they do something dumb. That whole personal accountability thing.

They shouldn’t rely on uncle sugar (gov’t) to educate them on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They SHOULD but they won't, you know this. Your thinking country folks with common sense, I'm thinking yuppy city slicker that has never been out doors and never shot a gun. They think they are too macho to ask for assistance and have watched way too many movies and are the top scorer on their video game club.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      Constitutional carry was authorized in 1791
      Yessir!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        They SHOULD but they won't, you know this. Your thinking country folks with common sense, I'm thinking yuppy city slicker that has never been out doors and never shot a gun. They think they are too macho to ask for assistance and have watched way too many movies and are the top scorer on their video game club.

I must've skipped the class that covered separate rights for county vs yuppy folks

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          I remember that exact argument from the open carry debates, and still have no idea where that leap comes from. As I and someone else from a state with Constitutional Carry stated above it is a non issue. I guess we don't apply that same logic to long guns?

Anyone who was ignorant and trying to become educated in my LTC class was definitely worst off after the class. I hear that same thing about a lot of the classes. Many classes are nothing more than sales pitches for the multiple "carry insurance" brands, many are led by "instructors" who spew nothing but idiocracy, a few are actually helpful. The whole thing is a joke.
          I think you are looking at it with only your class experience which was obviously poor. My instructor was very thorough and it was a good class even tho it was very short. I have been shooting since I was 5-6yr old but several had just bought and shot their first gun ever. Didn't know how to load or how to function the gun. Even if it was minor I'd feel safer being around these people after minimal even if bad supervision. I feel the same way about long guns but there is alot less likely hood of a guy carrying a loaded AR15 in his waistband of his sweatpants with no safety or holster.
          I'm not saying I agree at all with government over reach but there is alot of ignorant people in the world and more are popping out every day. I'd just like to know that there is some sort of firearm training provided even if it is minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I must've skipped the class that covered separate rights for county vs yuppy folks
            Chapter 2, paragraph 6, line 4....

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              Agreed....

As a LEO, I've seen open carry twice while working and both times was completely a non-issue.
              Agreed, I have no issue with open as opposed to concealed. I don't think it changes a thing. I choose concealed because I don't want anyone to know I am carrying.

Comment

yuppy city slicker that has never been out doors and never shot a gun. They think they are too macho to ask for assistance and have watched way too many movies and are the top scorer on their video game club.
                2A applies equally to the Yuppy city slickers, the inner city mom with 2 kids and 2 jobs living next door to the crackhouse, the neurosurgeon, the 98 year old WWII vet, the handicapped liquor store owner, and the real estate agent showing houses after dark.

Why should Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi tell them how they are allowed to possess and carry a firearm?

'merica

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  Constitutional carry was authorized in 1791
                  Yep. It's sad we even have to have this conversation.

So I'm 100% for it.
                  Last edited by Lungbustr; 11-26-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

My chl class didn’t give any instruction on firearms handling or safety.

These arnt how to classes they are proficiency tests and legal instruction.

It talked about law to pass the test and we had to shoot and operate the gun with no assistance from the instructor.

I don’t need someone who sat through a weekend class and is now a “instructor” giving me legal advice.

On this site if someone gives legal advice they get attacked even if they have some real experience with that part of the law. But that one weekend makes the LTC Instructor qualified.

Needing the LTC “instructors” blessing to carry a gun is stupid.

Even if they did give some training how much better is someone after 4 hours in a large group class, half of which is classroom than before they had training.

Constitutional all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      Yep. It's sad we even have to have this conversation.

So I'm 100% for it.
                      Agreed! I've always thought it was just a $$ revenue for government with the LTC.

I rarely see any open carry where we live, but I also don't advertise whether I'm armed or not? Hell, I can remember a few fellow LEO's that made me nervous and they were "trained?"

Bad Guys and Fools will always be BAD Guys and Fools....Utopia, does not exist!

Comment

I am up for it. If you lawfully own the gun then you shouldn’t need to get a permit to carry.
                        Let’s be honest about it, the government’s chl is aimed at controlling law abiding owners. We know the criminals who shouldn’t carry but are don’t go get a permit for their guns. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                          Well I came from AZ in 2013 and to be honest this state is not what I had thought .. Why is there a need for a Lic at all . why must some one go through a course shoot a target and get a pat on the back and say your good to go .

No lic open carry if you want TX is far behind in this area than other states .

Agreed, I am also from AZ, no Lic needed.... taking a class to do a constitutional protected act makes no sense to me!

Comment

I like LTC because at least a carrier is somewhat taught about firearms and is asked to shoot said firearm before they are allowed to carry one. If there was no LTC classes every tom **** and harry could go into Academy, buy the biggest pistol they could and carry it around without the slightest clue how to use it safely and when. For most on this site it all seems like common sense but look around at your office, restaurant or walmart and I bet you could quickly point out 2-3 idiots that you wouldn't trust with a loaded glock 22. It won't weed out all the idiots but it will weed out some and slightly educate the rest.
                            That argument is nonsense. Either you are for the right to bear arms or your not and you agree with the governments ability to how and who should be allowed firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                              it's crazy how people cry about losing their constitutional rights but when asked about the biggest one we waffle. Blows my mind.
                              Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                You would think it would be an easy concept for Texans to unite behind.
                                Like preventing freed slaves from carrying in 1871?

Comment

Working...
                                X