• Show
Clear All

I love tuning. It's addictive

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	25112733
    20 yards. Fletched has a Magnus stinger bare has a field point. I'm happy with that. I have tuned now 9.5 GPP, 10.6 GPP, 12.5 GPP. Bare shaft tuning really helps you see where your making mistakes and has helped me to be better.

Good form and proper tune are the keys to success!

Looks like you got it figured out!

Bisch

Comment

Good Shooting!!!

I have been called a "Tuning Nerd".

Shooting bare shafts regular is a great form check, even though all is tuned.

Comment

Do you have all those gpp variances tuned to the same bow? Does your point of aim change for the different gpp setups?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Do you have all those gpp variances tuned to the same bow? Does your point of aim change for the different gpp setups?
          Yes all the same bow. I don't really have a point of aim. There's not really any change in trajectory noticed unless I shoot em all at the same time. I'm sure past 25 yards I'd notice a big difference between the lightest and the heaviest. Probably going to stick to the middle weight cause it's the most versatile.

Comment

Could you give a summary of your tuning process? I'm about to dive into this for a complete overhaul on my bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good! All you need now are some hairy targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                Could you give a summary of your tuning process? I'm about to dive into this for a complete overhaul on my bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This is the way I tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                  Yes all the same bow. I don't really have a point of aim. There's not really any change in trajectory noticed unless I shoot em all at the same time. I'm sure past 25 yards I'd notice a big difference between the lightest and the heaviest. Probably going to stick to the middle weight cause it's the most versatile.
                  Cool. Thanks and very interesting. I dont reckon you gap shoot...Im speculating instinctive to split vision...?

What does that preferred middle setup entail for you?...What is the middle weight arrow's construction? The others?...lighter and heavier...for comparison.

Mr Field...thanks for the tuning link.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Cool. Thanks and very interesting. I dont reckon you gap shoot...Im speculating instinctive to split vision...?

What does that preferred middle setup entail for you?...What is the middle weight arrow's construction? The others?...lighter and heavier...for comparison.

Mr Field...thanks for the tuning link.
                    Drawing 54# Sarrels superstition
                    Center cut measures + 1/32" with calf hair strike plate
                    Middle set up is 10.6 GPP.
                    31" Beman Centershot 400
                    125 grain point
                    75 grain insert
                    35 grain home made weight (1" #8 THHN copper wire with two wraps of masking tape) shoved down back side with a gun cleaning stick.

#8 THHN with insulation and the two wraps of masking tape fits tightly down a .233 (h nock) shaft and weighs exactly 35 grains per inch. It makes a really handy tool for tuning and has never moved inside the shaft. You come up with stuff when you draw 30" to make full length shafts work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                      Drawing 54# Sarrels superstition
                      Center cut measures + 1/32" with calf hair strike plate
                      Middle set up is 10.6 GPP.
                      31" Beman Centershot 400
                      125 grain point
                      75 grain insert
                      35 grain home made weight (1" #8 THHN copper wire with two wraps of masking tape) shoved down back side with a gun cleaning stick.

#8 THHN with insulation and the two wraps of masking tape fits tightly down a .233 (h nock) shaft and weighs exactly 35 grains per inch. It makes a really handy tool for tuning and has never moved inside the shaft. You come up with stuff when you draw 30" to make full length shafts work.
                      Cool beans. Thank you! Im shooting all full length shafts too. Ive saved some 25gr brass breakoffs from accidental breakage for shoving down shafts and glueing for front loading in the future.

After tuning my current setup for killing hogs...Im gonna try and work my way to lighter point weights with weaker spine. My goal is to eventually get to shooting 100gr judos and blunt tips accurately for small game...theyre gonna reincarnate some critters into the afterlife...supper.

Comment

Working...
                      X