Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 06-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
44mAG
Ten Point

Default Saunders Cable Slide Question

My factory cable slide on my Diamond Black Ice broke the other day. I did some research and ordered a Saunders Hyper Glide. I got it installed today and took a few shots and everything seems okay. The only concern I have is that it pulls my cables about 1/4” closer to the rod. I never really paid a lot of attention to my cable angles, but now they seem extreme, especially where the string comes off of the front of the top cam. It does give me really nice fletching clearance but the angles from the top cam are a lot more. I am attaching a few pictures. Will this cause me any issues going forward? Worried about the strings getting eaten up. My rod is not adjustable. Or will it be fine like this as long as it shoots good?

44mAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Rat
Ten Point

Don't worry about it if it is shooting well.

However, it will change the tune of the bow.

Bareshaft through paper will tell you where you are and where you need to go.

You can install an angled cable rod, or a bent one that you can adjust the clearance. There is a guy on At that sells aftermarket rods, coolhandluke, he will build you one to your specs.

Of course you can leave it as is and either move the rest or shim the cams as well.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 04:45 AM   #3
muddyfuzzy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Angelina County, Limpopo SA

The Bearfoot archery aftermarket cable rod and the Saunders is a great combination, it will help negate some torque at full draw. I run this setup on my e35 and have been very, very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
44mAG
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
The Bearfoot archery aftermarket cable rod and the Saunders is a great combination, it will help negate some torque at full draw. I run this setup on my e35 and have been very, very pleased.

Do you know if you can still buy that aftermarket rod? I am not finding Bearfoot Archery anywhere online. Or maybe one like it?
44mAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
muddyfuzzy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Angelina County, Limpopo SA

Man he has a thread on AT that he works orders off of, that’s how I got mine. Check to see if you can find it, I will do the same.

muddyfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #6
Gherkin05
Ten Point

Hunt In: NM,CO,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Don't worry about it if it is shooting well.

However, it will change the tune of the bow.

Bareshaft through paper will tell you where you are and where you need to go.

You can install an angled cable rod, or a bent one that you can adjust the clearance. There is a guy on At that sells aftermarket rods, coolhandluke, he will build you one to your specs.

Of course you can leave it as is and either move the rest or shim the cams as well.

Agree- added one to a Diamond Deploy. Just had to tune the rest a little. Good upgrade for the money.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
chris1911
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brownwood,Marion

i have the saunders and a roller guard from pse, the roller guard ate my strings up. i now have a saunders on my main and backup and keep a spare. they work really well on the newer flex cable glides by pse.
chris1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #8
jvswan
Spike

Hunt In: Texas

Thanks for starting this thread. I just picked up a hyper glide from the shop and was wondering about the cable position on my Elite XLR. I’m going to look into the custom rod.
jvswan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #9
rocky
Pope & Young

I’m not a fan of the Saunders slide. I like a good simple Teflon slide. Keep in mind, that good engineers designed this bow, and it will shoot well without the “Archery Talk” fixall gadgets. There are a lot of “tweakers” that think they know more than the engineers on Archery Talk, and on this forum.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top