Elite GT500 has let me down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite GT500 has let me down

After having under 100 shots and 3 bow shops unable to paper tune the bow. I am sending my bow back to Elite. I ordered the new Hoyt Charger LD and feel confident in this choice!

Well, hope you can get it rigged out and ready before hunting season. Best of luck to you and that stinks that your other bow caused such difficulty.

Comment

It has under 100 shots through it and is at least 3 years old? what shops did ya take it to? Did you try a different arrow rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        It has under 100 shots through it and is at least 3 years old? what shops did ya take it to? Did you try a different arrow rest?
        That would be 3 bow shops.

Comment

I have had my GT500 for 4 years now. One of the easiest bows I have ever tuned. I think I put that many shots through it the first three days. It is my back up bow now but I still shoot it regarly.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
            That would be 3 bow shops.
            Huh? I know he took it to 3 shops but it has not been made in 3 years so I know it's at least that old

Comment

Sorry to hear about the problems. But at least you got a good bow in the end!! (That's not a dig on elite, I just love the new hoyts)

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                brand new in 2011 (2010 bow that was sold new to me in 2011), Cinnamon Creek had it first then On-Target in Canton and a shop in Kilgore last. I tried different rest, arrows, poundage, switching limbs and cams per manufacturer. After researching and talking to Redneck Booda it could be multiple things and the best bet was to send it off. So being so close to season and feeling let down by it all I went with the Hoyt.
                Last edited by nck; 09-05-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                  I have had my GT500 for 4 years now. One of the easiest bows I have ever tuned. I think I put that many shots through it the first three days. It is my back up bow now but I still shoot it regarly.
                  Elite said it could just be a weak limb and they would like to check it out. I am not knocking Elite or anybody. Elite has been great and happy to check it out. I read and heard many good things about the Hoyt Charger Long Draw and the price is good

Comment

Originally posted by nck View Post
                    brand new in 2011 (2010 bow that was sold new to me in 2011), Cinnamon Creek had it first then On-Target in Canton and a shop in Kilgore last. I tried different rest, arrows, poundage, switching limbs and cams per manufacturer. After researching and talking to Redneck Booda it could be multiple things and the best bet was to send it off. So being so close to season and feeling let down by it all I went with the Hoyt.
                    Cool I wanted to see if you had sent it to redneck booda. He knows his stuff. Hope they get it figured out for you

Comment

update. sent the bow to elite for repairs and they called to tell me that something couldn't have gone right with the cams being installed. I've already gotten the bow back. I am going to sell my brand new hoyt and stick with Elite. The customer service and warranty are second to none.

Comment

update. sent the bow to elite for repairs and they called to tell me that something couldn't have gone right with the cams being installed. I've already gotten the bow back. I am going to sell my brand new hoyt and stick with Elite. The customer service and warranty are second to none.
                        so glad Elite stepped up for you. I am a BIG fan of theirs

Comment

Not to knock on Elite, but it took them 2 months to service you and that's right in the middle of deer season, I wouldn't call that premier customer service. Maybe 2 weeks tops is what I'd call good CS. Just my opinion though.

Comment

i love me some Hoyt lol

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                              Not to knock on Elite, but it took them 2 months to service you and that's right in the middle of deer season, I wouldn't call that premier customer service. Maybe 2 weeks tops is what I'd call good CS. Just my opinion though.
                              Actually took them under two weeks to service the bow. I didn't send it in as quickly because I got the Hoyt.

Comment

Working...
                              X