No announcement yet.

Show off your golf cart mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do yall think the average price is for a used cart and the mods if you do them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
      How much do yall think the average price is for a used cart and the mods if you do them yourself?

This will all depend on age of batteries, year of cart and if it's been partially or fully restored. I bought a partial restored 10' model with brand new Trojan batteries for $2300. Mods I'll be 2k+ when I'm done. I'd say 5k or under you did pretty good. When I'm done with mine he had one for sale almost identical. It was 7k. I decided to do the work myself for a small project.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
        This will all depend on age of batteries, year of cart and if it's been partially or fully restored. I bought a partial restored 10' model with brand new Trojan batteries for $2300. Mods I'll be 2k+ when I'm done. I'd say 5k or under you did pretty good. When I'm done with mine he had one for sale almost identical. It was 7k. I decided to do the work myself for a small project.
        So the price is still small compared to a Ranger then

Comment

Stay away from the carts with 4-12 volt batteries. Their run time is not good.

Comment

So the price is still small compared to a Ranger then

It is a huge trade off. I just sold my crew 800 to go to a golf cart. You give up everything to be quiet. I still haven't worked out the little noises with the cart I want to, but it's not too bad. You have to think power, room, hauling and suspension. I literally crawl with the cart at the lease. The cart will do what I want it to for now. I will sell it when polaris comes out with an ev crew. They say it's not in the works right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              Stay away from the carts with 4-12 volt batteries. Their run time is not good.
              What battery setup do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                It is a huge trade off. I just sold my crew 800 to go to a golf cart. You give up everything to be quiet. I still haven't worked out the little noises with the cart I want to, but it's not too bad. You have to think power, room, hauling and suspension. I literally crawl with the cart at the lease. The cart will do what I want it to for now. I will sell it when polaris comes out with an ev crew. They say it's not in the works right now.
                What the reason you switched?

Comment

What battery setup do you want?
                  6-8 volts or 8-6 volts if it's 48 volts. The more batteries the longer the range.

Comment

6-8 volts or 8-6 volts if it's 48 volts. The more batteries the longer the range.
                    O ok I gotcha

Comment

Where are y'all buying these at?

Comment

How hard is it to switch from 4 batteries to the 6 or 8. My cart seems to do well but when i need new batteries id be willing to switch over

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
                          How hard is it to switch from 4 batteries to the 6 or 8. My cart seems to do well but when i need new batteries id be willing to switch over
                          I've never done it but they do sell a kit to do it so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

I've never done it but they do sell a kit to do it so it shouldn't be too difficult.
                            Ok thanks. How much more run time are we talking

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I have a 48V club car lifted and all kinds of goodies installed. Normally in the summer I get around 20 miles on a full charge and in the really cold weather I get 12-15 miles. This is with 2 passengers, hauling feed and stuff etc. our lease is 70% flat and 30% hills.

I usually just plug it in between hunts and at night just to make sure I'm fully charged. It's best not to let the batteries drop below 50% charge on a regular basis.
                              Awesome. Thanks for the info guys.

I actually measured the distance yesterday on google earth and it is 3.75mi to the stand and 3.75 back. I want the quietness but it looks like I may be back in the market for a Jeep Cherokee XJ.

Comment

What the reason you switched?

We are on a new lease trying to be as quiet as possible and sneak around. There's a few good deer that we are trying to slip in on. Ranger was just too loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X