300wm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300wm

Ok so what factory ammo have y'all had the best group with on a 300wm.

Bump

Comment

HSM 210vld

Comment

Check out ABM with the 215 Berger Hybrid

Comment

Federal premium 150gr nosler partitions.

Comment

Probably post purpose and twist rate. Can already see the big range of options youre going to get. 150 partitions aren't gonna do you much good on the 1000 yard line.

Comment

Federal Premium 180gr Trophy Bonded Tip
              Outstanding groups out of five different boxes. And that bullet is a crusher. Smacked a mulie at 275 and he was dead before he hit the ground.

Comment

Nosler Trophy Grade 180 accubonds, Ted Nugent 165 Barnes ttsx (discontinued), federal gold metal match 190 sierra match kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                  Federal Premium 180gr Trophy Bonded Tip
                  Outstanding groups out of five different boxes. And that bullet is a crusher. Smacked a mulie at 275 and he was dead before he hit the ground.
                  Had good luck with those as well

Comment

I think the question is, what factory ammo will your 300 WM group best with. Not every rifle shoots the same. Looks like you are going to have some range time ahead of you. But hey that's a good thing.

Comment

Nosler partition in 180 grain....browning abolt 300 wmag

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                        I think the question is, what factory ammo will your 300 WM group best with. Not every rifle shoots the same. Looks like you are going to have some range time ahead of you. But hey that's a good thing.
                        Looking like it lol

Comment

Weatherby Accurguard a 24” fluted #3-contour barrel. Rifling 1-10"

Thanks,
                          Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 08-08-2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

In '99 I got my rifle pillar bedded at Hill Country Rifles, and the proof target they used was shot with Hornady Custom with 190 grain bullets. Interlocks. So, I bought a case of that ammo.
                            It was a stock factory rifle, except for the work that I had done on it. The proof target was .67 in.
                            I never grouped it personally because I'm sure the guy testing the gun shoots better than I can. I am now hand loading for that rifle, so I couldn't tell you what's out there now. I don't think the Hornady Custom is made in 190 grain anymore.
                            Last edited by Brute Killer; 08-08-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Well, they use 180 grain bullets. The case I bought was 190s though. It matters not, because the current offering of Hornady Custom is 180 grain bullet.
                              [ATTACH]866965[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X