Big Mistake, Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
    Understand she knew I hunted and fished before we married. She even loves eating wild game. My mistake was killing something in front of her. I can understand the shock. It was just a mistake on my part thinking it was ok. Never gave it a thought.
    No biggie. My wife is the same way. She’s fine with me hunting, eats wild game and goes with me to the ranch quite often. She’s never once held me back from what I love and I respect her for that. Back when we were dating I took her bow hunting and ended up killing a doe. She did get upset but I didn’t get the cold shoulder lol. She decided then, that hunting wasn’t her thing but respected that it was my thing. Good luck and don’t mind the tough guys thumping away on their keyboards.

Comment

On Saturday morning, get up before everyone and fry up a pound of bacon for breakfast.

Bacon fixes everything.

Comment

I think you'll be alright....son needs to trade in.

Comment

So for 40 years you've been huntin and bringing home wild game and eatin it and everything is fine but when she sees u kill a pig ur a murderer. Complete BS. Now way I would have slept on the couch. She needs to grow up. As far as ur son goes he needs,to put a stop to crap now before it gets started.

Comment

Big Mistake, Lesson Learned

I hope they realize the cows used in making their leather shoes and purses didn't die peacefully in their sleep of old age.

Great to see you made it 40 years, Somethings telling me your son might not reach that marker. Seeing how today's folks don't seem to stay together even when they somewhat get along much less see things that differently.
            Last edited by DaveC; 03-13-2019, 02:20 AM.

Comment

You're right lesson learned

Comment

My wife would have looked at me and said, "You only got 2 of'em!!"

Comment

I feel your pain gatt40, my wife has the exact perspective. But, I'm only 31 years into it.

Comment

My 1st wife was the same way (hence, the 2nd wife).

Told 2nd wife (b4 tying the knot) "I done ousted one wife for *******' bout huntn, I'll do it again if need be".

Had to shock her a cpl x, but she finally fell in....

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                      So for 40 years you've been huntin and bringing home wild game and eatin it and everything is fine but when she sees u kill a pig ur a murderer. Complete BS. Now way I would have slept on the couch. She needs to grow up. As far as ur son goes he needs,to put a stop to crap now before it gets started.

Agreed on all counts..

Comment

I simply couldn’t live with someone who acted like that about shooting a **** pig.

Your son should find the nearest exit....it isn’t likely to get better from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          I feel your pain gatt40, my wife has the exact perspective. But, I'm only 31 years into it.
                          I can not comprehend this, I am into our marriage of 32 years and knew from the get go what I had in a wife back then. She can/will hunt by her self, kill stuff, gut and process it by her self and then cook it. She has taught our two girls that you can’t rely on guys to do everything.

Comment

Let me guess, you don’t have any mounts in your living room and you have to keep your mounts either in the garage or in another room because she doesn’t approve.

Your son needs to RUN.

Problem is tho, if after 40 years of marriage to his daddy, his mama is making his daddy sleep on the couch and his daddy doesn’t say eff that, the only way your son is running is wherever his new ol’ lady tells him.
                            Last edited by UltraMax; 03-13-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              I hope they realize the cows used in making their leather shoes and purses didn't die peacefully in their sleep of old age.

Great to see you made it 40 years, Somethings telling me your son might not reach that marker. Seeing how today's folks don't seem to stay together even when they somewhat get along much less see things that differently.
                              Actually divorce rates are down with younger couples in a study I read. It surprised me.

Comment

Prayers sent . Glad my wife likes to kill stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X