Trapping Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping Deer

I’m on a Texas low fence hunting lease. A neighboring/fence sharing property is high fenced. The high fenced place has installed a trap door on his high fence with a rope to drop the mechanism running to his blind. It’s obvious that it is set up to trap deer.

Has anyone else heard of this or seen this done? The Game Warden told us to fence it off on our side unattached to his fence which is what we’ve done.
    Last edited by Philemone; 10-18-2018, 09:33 AM.

Never heard of one like that before. The high fence ranch that is next to us installed a one way door that allows our animals to go to their property but not allow them to come back to ours. We just drove some posts right in front and blocked it off so animals no longer cross to their side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

wow!

Comment

....and he’s shooting right into our place.

Comment

Thats hilarious.
                I'd love to have a conversation with the DB that owns the place.

Comment

wow id be a little ticked..
                  but at end of day if its legal what can you do

Comment

That's one of the most chicken**** things I've ever seen.

Comment

Put a panel there. Not barb wire. Add a wind chime for good measure.

Comment

That is BS

Comment

Seen that scenario many times. I've seen/discussed high fences purposely built on steep grades (top side on the high grade) and they bait heavily on their side to entice jumping animals. Easily jump over but can't jump back out.
                          Traps are common. Huge pile of corn and they basically walk it and keep what they want and return the rest.

Comment

That sure shows a complete disregard for neighbor relations! Question - is it legal to do that if public land is on the other side of your high fence?

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                              That's one of the most chicken**** things I've ever seen.
                              X2, I will donate a panel and even help install the sob

Comment

Working...
                              X