sleeping in a hammock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeping in a hammock

Has any one ever slept in a hammock for a week? I could see maybe a night or two but not sure if it would become uncomfortable after a few days. I don't own one but think going the hammock route for a weeklong bow elk hunt.

Thanks

Best sleep youll ever get in the mountains.Important to have a good insulated layer between your sleeping bag and hammock

Comment

I just got back from Colorado and I slept in it for 4 nights. It is 1000 times more comfortable than a tent.

Most of the guys from the extreme hunt sleep in them.

Comment

My brother sold his bed and sleeps in a hammock every night. He loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never really slept in one. But I remember a thread on here where some guys wife posted some pics of him in a pro curious slumber. Looked very comfortable to me

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
            My brother sold his bed and sleeps in a hammock every night. He loves it

Nevermind.....dont need another infraction, lol.

Comment

I just slept in one during a 5 day/4 night rafting trip in Colorado. Done it for the past 5 years for 4-5 nights.
              I added an underquilt to mine and like I even better now. The longer the hammock is, the more comfortable you will be. You sleep on a diagonal, so you can get flat.
              PM me if you have any questions, I know way more about hammocks than I should.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Nevermind.....dont need another infraction, lol.

Lmao. Pretty sure I know the direction you were going

Comment

I have for the past three years elk hunting, string it up between two trees and put a tarp over it between the same two tree ten style. If its going to be cool make sure you bring a sleeping pad to put in between your bag and the hammock, froze my but off the first year. Would hammock camp where ever we stopped at up high, and come down to base camp to resupply and wash up every three days or so.

Comment

What ones are y'all using? I'm looking to get a new one

Comment

We use them all the time! My longest stretch is probably 3 days while floating, but I haven't had any discomfort.

Comment

For an American made, high quality hammock the Blackbird XLC is Warbonnet Outdoors' best-selling, ultralight backpacking hammock –perfect for hiking and camping trips.

I hear really excellent reports on these blackbirds. "XLC" - if you are a larger fellow.

Comment

grand trunk ultra light with tree straps from academy.

Comment

I can claim 4 nights in a row and state I was more comfortable than I would have been in a tent. Really like my warbonnet blackbird xlc.

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                            I just slept in one during a 5 day/4 night rafting trip in Colorado. Done it for the past 5 years for 4-5 nights.
                            I added an underquilt to mine and like I even better now. The longer the hammock is, the more comfortable you will be. You sleep on a diagonal, so you can get flat.
                            PM me if you have any questions, I know way more about hammocks than I should.
                            I'd love to hear more about this trip!

Comment

I would suggest buying a hammock stand, and give it a try at home for a few days.

Last edited by BrianL; 08-16-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X