Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lavaca County Doe (first self filmed and edited hunt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavaca County Doe (first self filmed and edited hunt)

This is my first attempt at creating a hunting video. This was my first successful bow hunt on film and first time editing video. I really hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Sweet. My only advice is to use Nockturnals. They look awesome on video.

Comment

Sweet video and Congrats in the doe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Sweet. My only advice is to use Nockturnals. They look awesome on video.
        Exactly what my buddy said. I am definitely getting some! Thanks Fishndude!

Comment

Nice video Agree with Fishndude need to use A lighted nock. And most won't sit threw a 10 min video need to shorten it some. Great Shot.

Comment

Great job on the video. What editing software are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Alley Dog View Post
              Nice video Agree with Fishndude need to use A lighted nock. And most won't sit threw a 10 min video need to shorten it some. Great Shot.
              Ya I thought it was ok but the more I watch it the more I want to shorten it but I will do it on the next video lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexasII View Post
                Great job on the video. What editing software are you using?
                iMovie on my Mac Notebook

Comment

Great video and awesome shot

Comment

Nice video! It would be helpful to cut away to your setup/view as you see it while you are describing it. congrats on the great shot!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Alley Dog View Post
                        this.. I cant stand long hunting videos.. I think its silly when guys talk to the camera.. The best hunting video would be one containing mostly shots and very little talking

Comment

sweet vid for sure...I agree its a little too lengthy but thats no biggie I just skip ahead. 2-5 min is primo. And yes lighted knocks are great for videoing kill shots

ac

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            this.. I cant stand long hunting videos.. I think its silly when guys talk to the camera.. The best hunting video would be one containing mostly shots and very little talking
                            like OzAgs 90 in 2 min

ac

Comment

That was a great video,& good editing Ross.

You might consider just a little less talking and little more video footage of the animals.

Take short clips of the different animals you are encountering during the hunt, along with the deer, and incorporate them into your video, such as squirrels, birds, armadillos etc., maybe a close up shot of your arrow on the rest, pulling your bow up on your bow rope, glassing for deer, a re-enactment of you drawing your bow for the shot, and recap of you with your deer, after the kill.....

You want to build a story....

Stick with the basic transitions like you were doing, & use a camera light for your night time recovery, & tripod for your cam when you are filming the recovery alone.

Always use your camera support, in the tree, and on the ground,& keep it short and sweet, and you will keep the viewer’s attention…..

Hope this helps,
                              TUCO
                              Last edited by TUCO; 10-23-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X