san Marcos game warden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar Light View Post
    And for the record, I am not trying to be a smart A... I am seriously wanting to know if there are people that wouldn't let someone try and track a wounded animal. If you are one, what is the reason you would want to do that to a hunter and the animal?
    I do. In fact me and 2 friends got tickets because we ASSUMED the jackwagon neighbor wouldn't mind us recovering the deer that could be seen across the fence instead of driving through 5 miles of his hunting ground to ask permission since there wasn't any phone signal. This is the cliff notes version of what happened since my 2 friends arent fans of the details I posted before. LOL

Comment

The last time I checked it is a felony!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Light View Post
        Seriously, do you guys really know someone that would say that they would not allow someone to trail a wounded deer on their property?
        Yes, many landowners refuse to let hunters recover game. At all. They have their reasons and stick by them. I always figure they're growing pot.

Some's attitude is the "deers gonna die anyways coyotes might as well eat it right now."

Crazy but that's an actual quote said to my face.

If I found you recovering a deer on my ranch I would call the GW on you immediately since you had not contacted me first.

If you had contacted me and I had no idea who you were I'd go find the deer myself then have the warden come get it.

If you were one of my neighbors and had discussed this issue during preseason then don't bother me, I'm watching hunting videos.

Comment

I know several who wouldn't let someone on their land for some very good reasons.

like ......

They don't get along with the neighbor for crap they have pulled in the past.
          They don't want the potential liability.

I know one who wouldn't let his own brother ever visit again, because he sued him the last time he was there. All because he got drunk and tripped over a cactus. That's right, sued his own brother. Would you let that guy back on your property?

Good points. I guess I have good neighbors and wouldn't mind if someone came and got their deer. And I have never had anyone sue me either. I am always guilty of thinking people are in general good and not cynical about things.

Comment

I exhausted what I felt was my opinions during the day today to recover the animal...I finalyy got ahold of one of the neighbors...he said he had no clue who owned it.....it was getting late and I figured the deer was getting questionable about eating....it was actually cold there this morning so I searched till after 12 trying to get ahold of someone and shot the deer at 730..I still was going to have to finish tracking and it started getting thick and my back locked up..go look back at another thread where I had to take a muscle relaxer after a while....I am home now laying in.the middle of the living room in pain and can't walk so obviously I called off looking any farther for this deer....

very agrivating since this was my first hit with a bow

Comment

don't worry about it, you did what you could...it was not meant to be

Comment

I would suggest finding all of your neighboring land owners contact information and talking to them about entering their land to recover deer LONG before you release the arrow or pull the trigger.

I am not saying what dhillis did was right or wrong (I was not in his shoes or there so I will not judge) but encourageing anyone to break the law by posting on a public forum is out of line and only hurts the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  Telling someone to cross a fence w/o landowner permission is just wrong. It's trespassing!! Even if you leave a note on the gate, it's still trespassing!!
                  Trespassing is a criminal offence period.
                  X 2 been there bought that t- shirt and my advice talk to the land owner first...

Comment

Good luck
                    Last edited by Firecuss; 12-23-2010, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Telling someone to cross a fence w/o landowner permission is just wrong. It's trespassing!! Even if you leave a note on the gate, it's still trespassing!!
                      Trespassing is a criminal offence period.
                      i guess we will just have to agree to disagree...with my weapons on my side of the fence it is a $200 ticket i would agree to pay to retrieve a deer...the odds would be in my favor that i wouldnt get a ticket at all:

a) good chance the landowner would understand
                      b) good chance the landowner would never know

but if worse case senario, i pay my $200 ticket and apoligize to parties involved

Comment

My glass house got broke along time ago.
                        Let's cut lonestar some slack.

Comment

If there is no fence, gate or anything posted stating "No trespassing" it will be hard to charge someone for trespassing, BUT if you are retrieving a deer they might be able to get you with hunting without landowner's consent.

30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an
                          offense if he enters or remains on or in property, including an
                          aircraft or other vehicle, of another without effective consent or
                          he enters or remains in a building of another without effective
                          consent and he:
                          (1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
                          (2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.
                          (b) For purposes of this section:
                          (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
                          (2) "Notice" means:
                          (A) oral or written communication by the owner or
                          someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
                          (B) fencing or other enclosure obviously
                          designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
                          (C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at
                          the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the
                          attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
                          (D) the placement of identifying purple paint
                          marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks
                          are:
                          (i) vertical lines of not less than eight
                          inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
                          (ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark
                          is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet
                          from the ground; and
                          (iii) placed at locations that are readily
                          visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
                          (a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
                          (b) 1,000 feet apart on land other
                          than forest land; or
                          (E) the visible presence on the property of a
                          crop grown for human consumption that is under cultivation, in the
                          process of being harvested, or marketable if harvested at the time
                          of entry.

Comment

No glass house here.
                            I guess lets just agree to disagree on abiding by laws and property owners rights.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                              I exhausted what I felt was my opinions during the day today to recover the animal...I finalyy got ahold of one of the neighbors...he said he had no clue who owned it.....it was getting late and I figured the deer was getting questionable about eating....it was actually cold there this morning so I searched till after 12 trying to get ahold of someone and shot the deer at 730..I still was going to have to finish tracking and it started getting thick and my back locked up..go look back at another thread where I had to take a muscle relaxer after a while....I am home now laying in.the middle of the living room in pain and can't walk so obviously I called off looking any farther for this deer....

very agrivating since this was my first hit with a bow
                              I live in San Marcos and know most of the large property owners in the area. Where do you hunt? I'm guessing west of 35 towards Wimberley? Let me know. I may be able to provide a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Fever Pursuit View Post
                                I live in San Marcos and know most of the large property owners in the area. Where do you hunt? I'm guessing west of 35 towards Wimberley? Let me know. I may be able to provide a name.
                                very cool gesture but i think it was a meat hunt and the deer has been out there for a long time now

he should still get with you and get the info so that next time he wont have to be faced with the decision to break a law and chance losing $200 or losing a deer that he knows is dead just over the fence

Comment

Working...
                                X