Monarch Waterfowl (steel) shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monarch Waterfowl (steel) shells

Anyone have any experience with these? Any idea who loads them? I shot half a case of the dove loads through my O/U this year with no problems. I saw their waterfowl loads this weekend. They are half the price of the Kent shells I’ve been shooting. I need to grab a box and pattern them.

Just curious if anyone has used them before.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan. But I am a fan of Rio’s and they are fairly cheap. I’ve shot nothing but Rio for going on 6 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
      I’m not a fan. But I am a fan of Rio’s and they are fairly cheap. I’ve shot nothing but Rio for going on 6 years now.

I was under the impression that Monarchs were made by Rio? Though I dont remember where I heard that. I havent ever shot them, been shooting the Hevi Steel for the last few years and love it.

Comment

I shot them this teal season and had zero issues. Can't beat them for the price either. $9 a box is definitely easier to swallow than $16...

Comment

I haven’t shot the waterfowl loads, but I love their high brass dove loads. No issues and relatively clean

Comment

Double post

Comment

Rogers Sporting Goods, founded in 1980, is a family-owned store that offers the best in waterfowl, hunting, shooting and outdoor gear. Browse the vast selection of everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors.

Federal 3", 1 1/8 oz, 1550 fps, 79.99 after rebate, free shipping. Much better choice.

Comment

I'm also on the RIO band wagon, 1550 FPS 3 inch 3s for ducks and 3,5 inch BBs for geese.

Comment

My buddy does shoot them as a guide and hasn't had any issue out of them.

Comment

Same. Roger's sells them for $89 a case. Used to shoot all Kent till about 3 years ago and switched to Rios.

Comment

I just got a case of Kent for $129. I know they work well from last year. I guess I won’t have to worry about it for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                      X