No announcement yet.

Practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have 3 acres so no issue with it In fact I have a tripod in my back yard I shoot from its under a big tree gves me shade and great pratic. I can shoot inside my shot which is also on the 3 acres and I can do 20 yards can stand on upper platform for up stairs for height as well . When its 100 lus out side and the AC is pumping makes for a good time

A few buddys come over and we shoot. have had a arrow two poke a hole in the metal HA HA . no real damage

Comment

and I know its not legal bow, pellet gun air soft its all about how its worded . Timberland High school base ball diamonds are right behind my place . but no one has ever said a word to me

Comment

Practice? We talking 'bout practice?

Comment

The privacy fence on one side of our yard faces a wide easement, and the back part of the fence faces a cotton field. It’s a 20 yard shot front to back, but if I went side to side it would be more like 45. I’ve shot front to back, but I won’t shoot across sine other homes are on the other side of the easement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I posted the build waaay back in 2012 -

It is still holding up well. I shoot at both sides - every couple of years I replace the faces using indoor/outdoor carpet. I have also taken the top off a few times and rearranged/fluffed the stuffing.

Any idea what the stuffing is? I think I want to build one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Any idea what the stuffing is? I think I want to build one of these.

Plastic Poultry Netting to hold in material from other targets he busted up.

My guess is packed burlap from the other targets.
              Last edited by Antlers86; 10-05-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Some people stuff them with old clothes. Over the years I’ve added:
                * the guts of an old shot-out bag target
                * pallet-wrap plastic
                * foam from discarded couch cushions, broken into chunks.
                Last edited by jerp; 10-05-2018, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  Practice? We talking 'bout practice?
                  At least I'm not the only one lol.

Comment

Front door to fireplace thru the kitchen, dining room and living room is 18 yards, don’t tell my wife. Can’t legally shoot a bow in city limits of San Antonio, no matter what’s behind u.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                      Front door to fireplace thru the kitchen, dining room and living room is 18 yards, don’t tell my wife. Can’t legally shoot a bow in city limits of San Antonio, no matter what’s behind u.

What part of town you live in? I used to shoot bow on a high power line easement just outside the city limits.

Comment

20 yds from the fridge inside the house to target.

Comment

I practice in my yard out to 30 and at the city park nearby for shots out to 80.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyTX View Post
                            What part of town you live in? I used to shoot bow on a high power line easement just outside the city limits.
                            Alamo ranch area Out by govt canyon

Comment

We only have 2 acres but outside city limits. We have empty fields on both sides of our property. So I shoot in the back yard. Unfortunately developers are buying every empty lot and building more houses, and the one beside us is for sale now. So there could be houses there and I will have to change my shooting, direction at least. We bought this place in January 2017 because it was the closest to country we could afford. Now I want to move again lol.

Comment

I sit on a small stool in my shop and shoot at a bag. 10 yards from the closest side and 20 from the far wall. It's open pasture beyond my target but a very do-able option fer city folk.

Comment

Working...
                                X