Confirmation Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I know but it's a lot easier to use with Trump as POTUS. And I'm afraid if women listen to anything and only listen to Trump clips on TV they will fall for it.
    This may be a dumb question, but why doesn't he just stop giving them clips of negative statements about women? Seems easy enough...

Comment

This is the current, oh my gawd Trump is making negative statements about women, flavor of the month. May be a dumb question as well, but is this not a 100% statement of facts? Cant blame Donnie if the facts are negative

"How did you get home? 'I don't remember,'" Trump said at the rally in Southaven. "How did you get there? 'I don't remember.' Where is the place? 'I don't remember.' How many years ago was it? 'I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.'"

Imitating Ford, he added, "But I had one beer - that's the only thing I remember."

Comment

Dems aren’t satisfied with the FBI report and they say it was too limited in scope... Hmmm... Gee.... Never saw THAT coming! Flake is a joke for even delaying this another week. All of the dems from day 1 said they would vote no.

Time to call a vote and confirm him 51-49!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
          This is the current, oh my gawd Trump is making negative statements about women, flavor of the month. May be a dumb question as well, but is this not a 100% statement of facts? Cant blame Donnie if the facts are negative

"How did you get home? 'I don't remember,'" Trump said at the rally in Southaven. "How did you get there? 'I don't remember.' Where is the place? 'I don't remember.' How many years ago was it? 'I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.'"

Imitating Ford, he added, "But I had one beer - that's the only thing I remember."
          I believe what he said are the facts. However, I don't think his presentation helps push the 3 or 4 undecided votes to his side. I'd think we wouldn't want to throw grenades at them, at least until after the vote. After that if you want to give your base some red meat....go for it.

Comment

I dont really disagree. The media bias is down right sickening to me. I liked Sanders and Conway saying that Trump was stating facts. I like what she went on to say about the Dems being the ones that are really exploiting women as well, just dont expect to see it on the news-

"I think both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh are victims at the hands of the Democrats," she said. "I think it is absolutely disgraceful what they've done and exploiting this process. They've exploited Dr. Ford, they're exploiting all of the women that have come out to make any type of accusation. This isn't the process that should've been done and certainly everybody deserves to be heard; but that includes Judge Kavanaugh."

Comment

He will be confirmed 53-47

The 2 red state dems will vote yes...AFTER the repubs get to 50 votes

Comment

There are 3 Republicans, if you can call them that, that could and very well might turn against BK and if so, he is done. Flake has said he will vote no and with Collins and Murkowski saying that was the President said in that rally was very wrong, all three may vote against confirming him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  There are 3 Republicans, if you can call them that, that could and very well might turn against BK and if so, he is done. Flake has said he will vote no and with Collins and Murkowski saying that was the President said in that rally was very wrong, all three may vote against confirming him.
                  IMO they don't have the courage to vote no, even if they really wanted to. The polls are showing a big republican bump after all this supreme court BS. They won't put their own beliefs ahead of keeping their job/power.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    IMO they don't have the courage to vote no, even if they really wanted to. The polls are showing a big republican bump after all this supreme court BS. They won't put their own beliefs ahead of keeping their job/power.
                    Remember, Flake is NOT running for re-election... so he doesn't have the burden of getting re-elected on him... If BK is not confirmed, Flake will the THE reason why...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Remember, Flake is NOT running for re-election... so he doesn't have the burden of getting re-elected on him... If BK is not confirmed, Flake will the THE reason why...
                      I don't know that much about the guy. But I don't think he is finished running for office as a Republican. Voting no would not look good for any future aspirations. He's also one of the very few DC politicians that is not a lawyer. He can't be all bad
                      Last edited by LWC; 10-04-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

He has further political ambitions, some say a run for President, so I dont see him voting no.

Comment

Yep once again Arizona COULD screw it up for the whole country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            He has further political ambitions, some say a run for President, so I dont see him voting no.
                            This could turn out to be a genius political move for Flake. He votes yes for BK and BK gets confirmed. Flake got all this free press from the left showing him to be a brave, caring, and considerate republican that is willing to stick his neck out to make sure a woman's claims get a fair investigation. He shows that he is willing to work with the other side to get things done. He stands up to Trump. Talk about getting the independent and women's vote. I'm not saying I agree with his actions, just my observations.

#Flake2024

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              This could turn out to be a genius political move for Flake. He votes yes for BK and BK gets confirmed. Flake got all this free press from the left showing him to be a brave, caring, and considerate republican that is willing to stick his neck out to make sure a woman's claims get a fair investigation. He shows that he is willing to work with the other side to get things done. He stands up to Trump. Talk about getting the independent and women's vote. I'm not saying I agree with his actions, just my observations.

#Flake2024
                              Running flakey () republicans is what got us Obama. Twice. It's also what got us Trump. It is not a winning strategy for the candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                Running flakey () republicans is what got us Obama. Twice. It's also what got us Trump. It is not a winning strategy for the candidate.
                                Not disagreeing that we don't want a flakey republican. I know very little about him but think he has been graded as a pretty conservative republican based on his voting record.

Comment

Working...
                                X