South Texas rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas rain

Let's hear your totals. Wish it would have come earlier during horn growing season but we will take it. Pushing the 5 inch mark at our place.

Between 6 & 8 inches across Atascosa county. My pond went from dry to completely full in the last few days. Too muddy to check the other pond but I assume it is full too.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
      Between 6 & 8 inches across Atascosa county. My pond went from dry to completely full in the last few days. Too muddy to check the other pond but I assume it is full too.
      What part of Atascosa?
      We are on the Wilson/Atascosa boarder. Needed some tank water!!

Comment

Glad ya'll are getting some too.

Comment

2.5 the last few days northern live oak county.

Comment

5.25” over the past 7 days in Frio county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

According to farm logs we got 7 inches so anothers words it’s going to be a terrible season. No rain all year until two weeks before season opens.

Comment

FarmLogs says 7.5”, too muddy to check gauges. I’m happy as a pig in mud!!!

Dove hunting may be hurt, but the wildlife and their habitat are healed from a long dry year. I had 6” total from January-August, and 10” in the last month. I don’t care if early season hunts are slower because the deer I see will be fat and healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  FarmLogs says 7.5”, too muddy to check gauges. I’m happy as a pig in mud!!!

Dove hunting may be hurt, but the wildlife and their habitat are healed from a long dry year. I had 6” total from January-August, and 10” in the last month. I don’t care if early season hunts are slower because the deer I see will be fat and healthy!
                  X2! We basically had the exact same totals 4 miles across the river on the Dimmit, Webb line..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180909_135154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	24552076Got rained on all day yesterday while mowing senderos in Thompsonville. Rain gauge had just over an inch in it prior to leaving. A storm was rolling in as we pulled out and with today looking alot yesterday on radar I'm sure it also contributed to the rain gauge. We managed to finish a few. Perfect day for mowing, a little wet but I'd rather be wet in cool than rolling in a dust cloud.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Muddy Bud; 09-10-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Got 11.5” in Northern Hays county since 9-1-18. Gonna have to get the mower out next week

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                        What part of Atascosa?
                        We are on the Wilson/Atascosa boarder. Needed some tank water!!
                        The Charlotte area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          X2! We basically had the exact same totals 4 miles across the river on the Dimmit, Webb line..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I’m worried about acidosis from the new growth now. [emoji57]

Comment

Both of my FIL’s ranches in Webb co have gotten 10” last I heard

Comment

Came back down today and got to one of the gauges. Total of 8 inches. 4 last Wednesday and 4 dumped today.

Supposed to be more on the way too.

On another note, I saw two bucks that were hard horned today. One young and one mature. Is this uncommon?

Comment

Working...
                              X