Broadheads for Low Poundage Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    Do you find the Stinger 2 blade fliy like field points?

Also, I saw they have an 85gr. Any reason to drop that 15 grains?
    I would stick with the 100's

Comment

Ramcats work to perfection on non-pass through shots with the back side of the forward rotating blades sharpened just as the front of the blades. LOTS of internal damage if you don't get a pass through and fixed blade performance on the initial entry. Best of both worlds!

Comment

When Zach was little and shooting a 40# bow, he shot 85 grain Stingers with good results.

Comment

Sika hit on it, more weight up front not less. Guys with traditional gear have been using heavier arrows since the start of bow hunting for a reason...penetration.

Others have mentioned a properly tuned bow and I fear this is an often overlooked aspect especially when it comes to low poundage. This is important to insure the arrow is flying as straight as possible at impact. If it's not, much of that energy from the weight of the arrow is not directly behind the broadhead where it can drive penetration.

Lastly I'd use a coc and can't think of much better than the magnus stinger for the price. Adding 30-50 grain inserts up front will increase your foc and thusly penetration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

My stingers fly very well out of my bow. They are a pretty accurate head.

Go with the 100 grain over the 85. Easier to swap betelweem setups if you ever want to shoot them yourself

Comment

Magnus Stingers or their new Black Hornet.

Comment

Also Swickey and Wensel Woodsman. I use these with my compound and traditional bows.
                Think long blades and narrow radius. Young bow hunters need to learn to sharpen and re sharpen broadheads. Part of the enjoyment.

Comment

Wasp Drone 100gr

Comment

Cut on contact. My wife shoots low poundage and I have been VERY impressed with Solid 100gr with 1/2" bleeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      47 lbs and I use 100 grain Slick Tricks because I like the way they fly. I also put a weighted insert in my arrows so there's an extra 50 grains up front. If I hit the opposit shoulder or ribs I usually don't get complete pass throughs on large deer but if it's a double lung or heart shot they don't go more than 100 yards anyway (and typically much less) and I get very easy to follow blood trails, even without a pass through.
                      I've killed 11 deer with this set up so far this year and only one time I didn't get a pass and there was no blood but the buck only made it 50 yards.
                      11 deer in a year? Wow that’s impressive! If I wasn’t married, but I am lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        47 lbs and I use 100 grain Slick Tricks because I like the way they fly. I also put a weighted insert in my arrows so there's an extra 50 grains up front. If I hit the opposit shoulder or ribs I usually don't get complete pass throughs on large deer but if it's a double lung or heart shot they don't go more than 100 yards anyway (and typically much less) and I get very easy to follow blood trails, even without a pass through.
                        I've killed 11 deer with this set up so far this year and only one time I didn't get a pass and there was no blood but the buck only made it 50 yards.
                        Sweet!!!
                        11 deer is above my limit allowed by State regulations.

Comment

Ditto on checking the bow is properly tuned and your arrow is properly spined. The year after I had 2 shoulder surgeries I eased back into things by shooting 47 lbs. I used standard slick tricks and got pass throughs on both does I shot. Both bucks were 200+lbs and nearly got pass throughs on them. Both times the arrow was hanging out the other side with the fletchings holding them in. Both bucks made it about 80 or so yards, the does didnt make it nearly that far.

Comment

Ramcats or quad exodus

Comment

Mangus Stinger Buzzcut

Comment

Magnus Stingers zip through flesh like a laser beam. Super happy with mine, and pretty confident that they would do just fine for low poundage as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X