No announcement yet.

Who would let this one walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do see how any hunter could let that buck walk.

Comment

That's a MAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Ive been on my lease for 28 years and im pretty sure he has no idea about my place

I gotcha. I guess I'm just nosy. Lol. Good luck this season!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          I gotcha. I guess I'm just nosy. Lol. Good luck this season!

Skinny
          Best of luck to you as well

Comment

Nope. I would drop him.

Comment

What y'all don't see deer like that where y'all hunt ?
              Rules are rules and if they decided not to shoot, that probably means there are bigger and better looking deer on the ranch. Sounds like the group of hunters is really close and enjoy watching deer.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                letting him live the last 9 years has pretty much created a breeding program.

He said they see his offspring all over the place

Darting doesn't kill. You grab some "specimens" and artificially seminate doe. You can dart him every 6 months or so and have his jizz stored for years !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I call BS on anyone that says they would. Dead Deer.

Comment

If they have been watching him for 9 years, he must be 12 years old. He must be eating a lot of soft protein feed to have teeth left.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerBTX View Post
                      If they have been watching him for 9 years, he must be 12 years old. He must be eating a lot of soft protein feed to have teeth left.
                      Looks real healthy so his teeth must have been fairly good last year

Comment

Hmm..... I just don't understand some peoples way of thinking.

Comment

If everyone truly felt that connected to the buck that they could agree not to shoot it, then it seems to me a wounded veteran could have the experience of a lifetime and be a far more dignified end to that bucks legacy than becoming coyote poop.

Comment

I saw a picture of a buck a few years ago that looked exactly like him. Not saying that it is him but this buck came off a high fence ranch around Pearsall. They killed him grossed like 202

Comment

If you knock that droptine off and if that is a lowfence place that thing has a chance at being close to the record typical that was shot in maverick County back in the 60's.IMO But looking at him and if I was a betting man I would say he is like one of our pets on protein and under high fence. Awesome deer. We had a big deer that would come and eat out of the feeders on the back of our trucks at the house while we were cooking and drinking 20 yards away at the fire pit every evening when we were there. He knew when we were there and he had easy pickings and he was safe. When I read Garguys pressured deer are easy it reminds me of this deer(lol) he knew he was good there bedding down 50 yards behind the house. 180 class deer and he was off limits. Found him dead in a tank after the rut. he was 7 and active in the rut. He is on the wall. Glad we found him but it would have been like shooting your best lab. Called him stubby b/c of his chewed off tail. Maybe that is why he liked it around the house.

Comment

Wow...that's a burn the camp house down type of deer. Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X