Big kid airguns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    Don't shoot one or you will buy one. Best advice I can give you.
    This is the truth!!!
    3 - AirForce Texans
    .457 SS
    .457 Long (regular)
    .257 Long (regular)
    1 - AirForce Condor SS .25 cal
    1 - AirForce Talon .22cal
    1 - Woodwalker .22 cal
    1 - pistol .177 cal

All above are pcp’s.

4 - CO2 pistols

Very addicting!!!!!!

Comment

Dang Taz... just thinkin' bout the glass you have on all those suckers, makes the decimal place shift way over!! I'm a hawke fanboy... got used to using their Chair Gun Pro ballistics program specifically for air guns. Plus, their scopes are all springer rated!!

Comment

Anybody have experience with this one.

The .50 caliber Umarex Hammer is the most powerful production airgun on the planet. Innovative engineering makes it the perfect choice for hunters and air rifle enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          I've got the Hatsan Carnivore 135, it's a bad*** breakbarrel in .25 cal. (It also comes in .30) I've killed coons out to 35 yds, it's advertised to get 900 fps last most I've talked get 850-875. Its major drawbacks are weight sucker weighs a ton and finding a good scope that will hold zero, being a heavy duty "springer" it has heavy duty shock and recoil.
          What scope did you end up going with for that rifle? I think a .30cal would be awesome. Only thing is it's a single shot. Those repeaters are pretty sweet.

Comment

The Seneca Aspen is pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
              Anybody have experience with this one.

https://www.umarexusa.com/umarex-ham...ifle-spotlight
              I have shot one at the 2019 Texas Airgun Show in June. Was not impressed at all. Too many issues with them still. Don’t know if they have even been put on the market yet.
              I will stick with my Texans for now. They are a very proven platform. If I get the money together one of these days I will get a PPBA. They are made in the Caddo Mills area if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                What scope did you end up going with for that rifle? I think a .30cal would be awesome. Only thing is it's a single shot. Those repeaters are pretty sweet.
                Still on the hunt, I've read a few reviews but most of the time somewhere in there I find out their test guns were all pcp', the very few I've found dealing with break-barrel guns are very vague at best.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                  Still on the hunt, I've read a few reviews but most of the time somewhere in there I find out their test guns were all pcp', the very few I've found dealing with break-barrel guns are very vague at best.

Take a serious look at Hawke Sport Optics scopes. All their scopes are springer rated plus they have a free app you can use on your laptop and your smart phone that is a ballistics app specifically designed for air guns. You can plug in your gun and pellet's ballistic data and then pick the reticle you have and scope and it's a very accurate doping card for your specific set up. The app is free. It's called Chair Gun Pro.

Comment

I have a 3-9X44 Hawke on a Beaman R1 and those suckers are notorious for destroying scopes... It's been flawless for several years now. If you have an 11mm groved receiver, you'll need a scope stop to keep the scope from sliding back after several shots. The Hawke handles the reverse recoil and the scope stop just fine.

Comment

Is there one capable of shooting shotshells?

It wont be long and the neighbors are gonna be calling in on the late night .22LR rat shot in the chicken coop every night

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Take a serious look at Hawke Sport Optics scopes. All their scopes are springer rated plus they have a free app you can use on your laptop and your smart phone that is a ballistics app specifically designed for air guns. You can plug in your gun and pellet's ballistic data and then pick the reticle you have and scope and it's a very accurate doping card for your specific set up. The app is free. It's called Chair Gun Pro.
                        Thanks for the info, scrolling over that way now!

Comment

.30 cal
                          44.75 grain pellet @ 25 yards.
                          ~815 fps

Recovered the pellet underneath hide behind the jaw. He didn't even twitch just went stiff as a board.

Great way to start the day.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Using the new JSB Hades hunting pellets in .25 this morning:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hades.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	24604220

Resulted in a delicious BBQ lunch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBQ.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	24604221

Launch platform was a pair of FX Wildcats in .25.

Stu

Comment

That looks dang good Stu.

My Wildcat mk2 has been a pleasure to shoot.

Comment

The TexanSS .457 barks (softly) again. Nothing says late doe season like a .250 grain hollow point below the ear.

She was one of the biggest does I have ever taken. I'm a husky buck at 5'11" and 240 lbs. Not bad for Llano County.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X