GRXH 2018: Take a stand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRXH 2018: Take a stand!

GRXH 2018 started off like many other GRXH; wind, rain and a broken boat...

Gage and I launched the boat only to be greeted with the high temp alarm as soon as we started out in earnest. So there we are, being hammered into the dock by waves being driven by a 15 mph wind, taking apart the starboard thermostat, trying not to drop any of the bits and pieces into the water because it 34 degrees and my fungers are numb.

Did I mention it was raining...

But it worked, we were off!

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, just your normal everyday hunt with 50 people.

We killed 1 pig, 2 squirrels, 1 rattlesnake and the Taylor Crew brought in 100 fish to camp.

Brent Russel killed the only pig and won the first pig knife, made and donated by TJ Custom Knives.

We drank, we ate, we drank some more, we hung out at the fire and recounted past glories, we drank, we wrestled, we drank, we laughed, we drank....

We did have a man down this year, Jay yehaaaawd a little too much and broke himself. We got him to no. 7, met the ambulance and he is fine. Grinderboy gave us status updates as he was recovering from dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance.

Snacks (or as we have renamed him, Rally) made a double move in rank, he beat Chris on a keg challenge and me in a wrestling challenge, that means he moves from Puke to Seargent!

Keg stands aren't just for young dudes!

We missed everyone who could not make it due to deployment (Speedgoat) or injury (Stoof). Godspeed brothers, we miss you and can't wait to have y'all back around the fire.

Rat's GRXH 2018 top 10:
    10. Hammocks rule, tents drool.
    9. We always need more wood.
    8. Shut up Gunny!
    7. GRXH Armada us in fine shape, no major broken boats this year.
    6. Kilts, what more needs to be said...
    5. Never wrestle in a kilt, without a belt, or you will be wrestling naked.
    4. If you yeeeee haaaawg too hard you get to ride in an ambulance.
    3. Rain, cold, mud, blood and sweat.
    2. Never wrestle a man half your age and with twice the muscles!
    1. GRXH FOREVER!

I couldn't ask for a better group of friends! I love each and every one of y'all!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    GRXH 2018 started off like many other GRXH; wind, rain and a broken boat...

Gage and I launched the boat only to be greeted with the high temp alarm as soon as we started out in earnest. So there we are, being hammered into the dock by waves being driven by a 15 mph wind, taking apart the starboard thermostat, trying not to drop any of the bits and pieces into the water because it 34 degrees and my fungers are numb.

Did I mention it was raining...

But it worked, we were off!

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, just your normal everyday hunt with 50 people.

We killed 1 pig, 2 squirrels, 1 rattlesnake and the Taylor Crew brought in 100 fish to camp.

Brent Russel killed the only pig and won the first pig knife, made and donated by TJ Custom Knives.

We drank, we ate, we drank some more, we hung out at the fire and recounted past glories, we drank, we wrestled, we drank, we laughed, we drank....

We did have a man down this year, Jay yehaaaawd a little too much and broke himself. We got him to no. 7, met the ambulance and he is fine. Grinderboy gave us status updates as he was recovering from dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance.

Snacks (or as we have renamed him, Rally) made a double move in rank, he beat Chris on a keg challenge and me in a wrestling challenge, that means he moves from Puke to Seargent!

Keg stands aren't just for young dudes!

We missed everyone who could not make it due to deployment (Speedgoat) or injury (Stoof). Godspeed brothers, we miss you and can't wait to have y'all back around the fire.

Rat's GRXH 2018 top 10:
    10. Hammocks rule, tents drool.
    9. We always need more wood.
    8. Shut up Gunny!
    7. GRXH Armada us in fine shape, no major broken boats this year.
    6. Kilts, what more needs to be said...
    5. Never wrestle in a kilt, without a belt, or you will be wrestling naked.
    4. If you yeeeee haaaawg too hard you get to ride in an ambulance.
    3. Rain, cold, mud, blood and sweat.
    2. Never wrestle a man half your age and with twice the muscles!
    1. GRXH FOREVER!

I couldn't ask for a better group of friends! I love each and every one of y'all!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Best time I have had in a long time. Was awesome to meet everyone and already planning on next year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a blast, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hard to describe this weekend other than

1. Soft shell turtle neck is stretches more than you would think.
        2. Girly Grape Fruit Vodka is secretly desired by closet drinkers. Thank you to whom ever stopped and brought "us" girls more.
        3. Smell the ice first after adult spirits have been consumed. Its kinda like yellow snow, but makes a drink taste fishy.
        4. Hammocks rule; tents drool.
        5. Extra socks...... not on Moses Floods. Just wear them wet. You will get tired of changing socks.
        6. Extreme does not mean you can't clean fish with a power box and electric knife. Thanks to who brought that.
        7. Limes in a bag are voted food. Hector..... can swim.
        8. Pepper is growing up.
        9. If you are called out in the fight circle by a 300 pound man, don't be afraid. He will be gentle with you. Hector, I am joining a Jitzu this week. I want a rematch.
        10. If you climb in your hammock and that dizzy feeling starts. Don't fight it, it only prolongs the inevitable.

The GRXH started as a small fun group of guys that wanted to just bust loose and have fun for a weekend. Its grown into a big fun group of guys/girls that just want too have fun. I love each and everyone of you like family.

GUNNY - DRINK WATER!

Comment

Great year as always. Great catching up with old friends and great to meet and make new ones.
          Never feel like I'm amongst strangers out there.

Hiked many miles, boated even more.

10. There's getting to be more girls there

9. Getting hurt BEFORE you arrive, only means you'll be even more broke down after the hunt

8. I'm glad I brought my canopies this year

7. New tents can still leak

6. Dry wood is a hot commodity

5. Heather has a hairy chest

4. Hector doesn't give a f*:#

3. Rat can still hang....

2. Gen pop

1. Westlake rules!

I heard my name being yelled out at the fire, I hollered back, but I never got a reply. Sorry I didn't come running over there, my back was so sore I could hardly walk.
          I won one of the shoot offs, maybe y'all were passing out the prizes?

Until next year!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was checking here and FB every 5 minutes this weekend to track the mayhem. I am still bummed that I couldn't make it but under the circumstances it is for the best. My buddy Ryango made it out and he had a blast and made a few new friends. As soon as the leg heals up we need to put together a weekend trip to fox bottom so I can get it out of my system.

Cheers!

Comment

My 2018 GRXH Recap

Well this year was definitely an interesting one to say the least.

TOP 10

10: I hate the rain!!!

9: I wasn't trying to fight anyone, heard it was a setup!

8: One pig is not a good year, fish helped a bit.

7: Skip's hog cooker is really awesome!

6: Having a bigger boat means too many trips on Sunday.

5: Generals are getting old.

4: Bring your wife, but only if she can hang! Thanks for coming babe! <3

3: Don't drink 3-4 gallon of TJ's Hog Juice or you will pass-out, freeze your butt off, urinate yourself, and aggravate others. #imsocccooolllddd

2: Don't set my wife on fire if I've been drinking or you and your "superiors" will have to here me bitchin'. #yousetmywifeonfffiiirrreee

1: This group is getting way too gay for me!
              Last edited by Removed; 02-26-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Talk about a heck of a time. It was great meeting everyone and I can't wait until next year!

10. Bring plenty of socks, you will be getting wet!

9. Bring something to cover your hammock, see above.

8. Just because you beat someone in a wrestling match, doesn't mean you're the winner. I haven't been this sore in awhile!

7. Don't pass out during the day or you will get an unwanted photo Op

6. The granger clan is an awesome group of guys and gals that feel more like a family

5. If you drink too much and need help, the rangers will be there for you. see above

4. Whole pig is delicious

3. The rain sucks!

2. Don't underestimate a brazilian in a fight, it could turn out painful!

1. Hector is a crazy mutha f'er!!

Comment

Glad i could make it out for a few. Good party! Took me a whole day to clean my boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rangers, as always it was amazing!

Top 10:

10. A 13 hour drive to and from can involve all kinds of craziness including selfies from the rear seats.

9.You can steal a keg at GRXH hunt if you just act natural and nobody will notice for 30 minutes.

8. Rain sucks, but a good tent means a world of difference.

7. Apparently, you cannot pack too much for GRXH.

6. Mud sucks, but muck boots make the mud a none issue until you try walking up a bank.

5. Hogs are faster than you think.

4. Hunter orange does make sure you don't get shot. Ask Travis

3. I love Nelson's wife balls in my mouth.

2. Hector loves him some chon chon!

1. Westlake Rules! And Gen Pop is not for us Yankee's?
                    Last edited by PRPechek; 02-26-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1201.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	24531367

Well I'll say:

I came
                      I saw and I went all in the matter of two days.

Only had time to take one pic this year.

Arrived on Thursday --- drank way to much

Night filled with falling out of my hammock and throwing up all night!

Friday no drinking "JUST hydration"

Hunting and more hunting as much as my body could stand

Getting around the camp fire and getting to know some of you was not on the top of my list but you willsee me at the next year. <<<<Thanks to true Granger Brother.

Don't want any of Hector but it sure did feel like he did something to me.

Great times as always.

I took extreme to a while nother level...Just ask someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LMAO, it looks like you guys and gals slayed it again. I hate I missed it. Next year I will be back with a vengeance. Once again, TxNavyChief comes to the rescue of drunk bowhunters so that they don't starve to death. Congrats to Brent on his kill and one of TJ's fine custom knives!!!

Comment

This was another crazy fun hunt. This is one of the most fun hunts of my year. I spent almost all my time hunting and didn't take many pictures this year.

I don't have a top ten, but I have a few things that are stuck in my head.

Hector
                          wresting with and without a kilt
                          2 squirrel, 2 fish, rattlesnake soup.

Once again I had opportunities, the hogs don't just jump the string, they totally move out of the way before the arrow gets there.

Enjoy the pics.

Squirrel soup.

Food:

Comment

That fire is one of my favorite things about the hunt. Lots of stories and camaraderie to be had when gathered around it. Kind of like this place. Matt

Comment

Certainly one for the books ladies and gentlemen. Little different in many ways, I think the weather kept a few people home and the crowd was a little smaller than the norm. Didn't have any affect on the good times. It gave me a chance to get to know a few people better that I haven't had a chance to visit with in the past. I nominate drunk guy (aka snacks, rally, Sam) for rookie of the year honors. He really brought it from beginning to end. Big shoes to fill drunk guy, I would have to say Hector was the rookie of the year last year. I'm really glad to see a true hetro-sexual win it this year to get this thing back on track.

My top 10 -

10) Be careful w/ taking breaks while hunting, my best pig opportunity was squandered by a 15 minute bs session.
                              9) Colorado knows how to party!
                              8) Thursday nights are the new Friday nights
                              7) Jim is a funny drunk
                              6) Terri Jo is a very good sport about being set on fire
                              5) Be careful when Sneaky wants to come over for a Pre-GRXH party, total irresponsibility will ensue
                              4) Drunk Canadians have a very bad sense of directions
                              3) Sackett can rock some harmonica
                              2) Rangers love hog juice!
                              1) Rat and Hector don't give a f#@&!!!!!

Once again, good times everybody, I wish the tbh thread was still the place for the recap, but all things evolve. Overall, I'm very happy that this whole thing has evolved the way it has, and I don't have to wait until next year to see all of you guys/gals. It's become very cool network of friends that I'm very proud to be a part of.

fyi - I sponsored the keg on Saturday, please keep me in mind for any of your Real Estate needs in the Wilco and surrounding areas. I specialize in residential and farm/ranch/hunting properties. The keg was also a thank you to the rangers that have used my services in the past, keep using and abusing me, and I'll keep buying a Saturday keg.
                              Last edited by Birddog66; 03-01-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X