No announcement yet.

Bobcat vs. Pitbull who wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyotes have been known to tree a bobcat and kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      I've seen a house cat ride an aggressive German Shepard out of the yard like a jockey. I don't doubt a pitbull could shake a bobcat and kill it. I just think it would have trouble catching it to begin with. By the time it got it shook to death its quality of life would be going downhill.

It's a toss up really. It also depends on if the dog has been brought up to fight. A big male bobcat makes part of its living fighting other males. Anything that will kill its own young to breed their mother again ain't nothin to mess with.

Cats are evil.
      Yeah right. Maybe this one, which is not a working line GSD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	showdog.png
Views:	2
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	24514153

No house cat would last a minute with G Money. I like his chances against the bobcat as well. A Pit would be in for a fight as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12369202_10206970063982366_1767853834277045529_n.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24514154

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Yeah right. Maybe this one, which is not a working line GSD.

[ATTACH]876637[/ATTACH]

No house cat would last a minute with G Money. I like his chances against the bobcat as well. A Pit would be in for a fight as well.

[ATTACH]876638[/ATTACH]

How about 10x Pitbulls (or GSDs)

vs.

and 1x Male Tiger

?

Comment

10 Hyenas.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            10 Hyenas.
            10 hyenas vs. 10 pitbulls

Comment

Sorry, Team Bobcat, the kitty wouldn’t stand a chance. I’m sure a big tom cat might get a few licks in but a game dog will flat out wreck him.
              Rowdy (she’s mean as hell) treed a cat in the yard this morning. I went out and took pictures then started walking back to house to grab a leash and the cat actually jumped out! Rowdy caught and crushed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread cracks me up. There have literally been 5 or 6 people post up and say that their dog actually killed a bobcat. Not one post that said, "I lost my dog to a bobcat". That should settle the argument. Proof is a dead bobcat and several on here have confirmed that.

Pit...or any other tough canine. Every time. Bobcats aren't near as tough as some think they are. Sure, they hunt for their food, but they don't fight for it. Field mice, rabbits, squirrels, moles and birds don't fight back much. Bred fighters, hunters, hog dogs, catch dogs, etc. are bred to fight. Cat won't stand a chance in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Sorry, Team Bobcat, the kitty wouldn’t stand a chance. I’m sure a big tom cat might get a few licks in but a game dog will flat out wreck him.
                  Rowdy (she’s mean as hell) treed a cat in the yard this morning. I went out and took pictures then started walking back to house to grab a leash and the cat actually jumped out! Rowdy caught and crushed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sika for todays winner at inner-web. In reading this, I too believe a good sized working dog such as a pit would win.

If a JRT got to 60 pounds lions and tigers wouldn't be safe...

Comment

That little bear the other day, didn't weigh half what the tiger weighed if I had to guess. That tiger didn't whip him, or kill him, just made him a little sore and edgy. Cats are tough, but I don't think they have that dogged determination like some animals. Lions seem to get it when fighting a buffalo, but they don't seem to be that way with other animals they wanna eat.
                    I'm saying the pit, hands down. Of equal weight, a pit and a mt lion might be a better analogy.
                    Cats can and do guts dogs pretty easily though, and I would probably pick the Mt Lion in that scenario.

Comment

Walker hounds in south Texas brush stretch out cats all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Sika for todays winner at inner-web. In reading this, I too believe a good sized working dog such as a pit would win.

If a JRT got to 60 pounds lions and tigers wouldn't be safe...
                        If a Chihuahua got to 60lbs, nothing would be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sika View Post
                          sorry, team bobcat, the kitty wouldn’t stand a chance. I’m sure a big tom cat might get a few licks in but a game dog will flat out wreck him.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          ldp?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            This thread cracks me up. There have literally been 5 or 6 people post up and say that their dog actually killed a bobcat. Not one post that said, "I lost my dog to a bobcat". That should settle the argument. Proof is a dead bobcat and several on here have confirmed that.

Pit...or any other tough canine. Every time. Bobcats aren't near as tough as some think they are. Sure, they hunt for their food, but they don't fight for it. Field mice, rabbits, squirrels, moles and birds don't fight back much. Bred fighters, hunters, hog dogs, catch dogs, etc. are bred to fight. Cat won't stand a chance in most cases.

I'm with Curt and Sika on this one. A customer of mine in Richardson had to get a bobcat off his little house dog last spring, but a house cat could have whipped that dog. Cat had it by the throat when he went out, and the cat ran. He had a pretty good vet bill, and the dog survived. Any experienced dog, of good size, who isn't afraid to get hurt, should take a bobcat. Once a cat is in a big dogs mouth, its over.

Now, a 70+lb mountain lion, and a 70+lb experienced pit, I don't know.

Comment

I killed a 40lb bobcat with a spotlight and a .22 magnum. Didn't want to shoot it in the head, and it didn't die right away. It went in circles for about 15 seconds before it stopped. There wasn't any way I could catch it in the scope to shoot again, and it was only 20yds or so away, and I was a little concerned for my health in that time period. After seeing how big its feet and teeth were, I was very glad it didn't get a chance to ball up on my head. I can only imagine going after a large wounded cat like a lion or tiger, or leopard in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                                Make up your minds people, pits are either bloodthirsty killing machines or wusified couch potatoes. Having owned and raised several breeds of hunting dogs, (real hunting dogs not bird retrieving canines ), a well bred pit will take out a bobcat without breaking a sweat. The guy I got pits from had one take out a mountain lion before the hounds jumped him up. If anyone decides to give a try you do need to clean any at inflicted scratches and administer antibiotics heavily, cats carry a heavy bacteria load in the grooves in the back of their claws. Have lost a few dogs from secondary infections after dogs have tangled with cats.
                                How could have the pit " taken him out, BEFORE the hounds jumped him" ? If he was dead ( taken out) before how did the hounds jump him up ( treed I take it ) ? A dead cat can't climb, of run.
                                My though on the pit Bob vs cat, it all depends on both animals. If a seriously aggressive pit, my vote would be pit ( if the cat could " trip his trigger") other wise if it's a big enough ****** off cat my vote my go that way. I guess I would have to see the contenders to decide, it could go either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X