Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

I like to see that!

Dusty britches...I have limited experience with creams/soaps, only 2 actually besides the regular spray can stuff, but this Taylor sandalwood is nice and you don't need a brush you could just hand lather.

But speaking of brushes my dad just gave me a handmade Amish brush that's pretty cool....

Comment

Does anyone on here straight razor shave? I think I'm about to buy a straight razor kit. Seems like I can be more precise with the shaping of my beard. Plus they say it adds a day to your shave, so when I have to clean shave everyday, it won't be so bad

Comment

There was a a link to some on this thread a little back....I've also heard the feather ss is good and it uses replacement blades

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
          just curious why cant you have a beard in law enforcement or military....but mustaches are ok for motorcycle cops haha who wants a mustache ride
          hahaha who wants a mustache ride.....man that movie is hilarious

Comment

Picked some up yesterday. Shave secret is worth its weight. Close shave this morning.

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
            This is going to sound ridiculous but there is a shave oil called Shave Secret you can get at Wally World. The only reason I even tried it is because I had a former client tell me that he was duck hunting in south Louisiana for several days and had to shave and go straight back to his office. He was dreading it because it was always hard to shave that many days' worth. The Cajun boys told him to use gun oil. After thinking they were crazy, he reluctantly tried it and he said it was the closest shave he'd ever had.
            Well, fast forward a bit and he decided he was going to tinker with different types of oil (because he was NOT shaving with gun oil from now on). He ended up perfecting a blend of oils and gave me several samples. Best...shave...ever...

I have lost touch with him and have no idea if Shave Secret is his brainchild but it works! I use Schick Hydro razors and they last me about 4 months using this stuff.

I have used this in the shower with a mirror and at the sink. Give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tim21877 View Post
              hahaha who wants a mustache ride.....man that movie is hilarious
              Yeah super troopers is classic, supposedly they are trying to make a sequel.... and someone answered my question about military not having facial hair and it sounds like us clean shavers are better fighters and won't die in a chemical attack....

Comment

Recently been slow-dancing with a straight razor. So far, so good. Four shaves and only one little nick. Lots of work to get/keep sharp, but goal is to buy no more blades (silly really, since I spend less that $20/yr on blades for my safety razor!). So far, so fun!

Comment

a thread on shaving...lord!

I buy the cheapest razors and shave in the shower under hot water with no cream. Simple and easy

Comment

I give up. Going to a barber twice a week.
                    Will see how it goes....

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      a thread on shaving...lord!

I buy the cheapest razors and shave in the shower under hot water with no cream. Simple and easy
                      And you posted in it?

Comment

Twin blade disposables with cold water. Done in about 45 seconds.

Maybe ya'll are doing it wrong

Comment

I remember you fools blasting me about a shaving thread a year or so ago!!! Still love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadroe View Post
                            Here's my setup. Early 50's Gillette razor

Demo'd our 64 year old bathroom several months back.Found a pile of these in one of my bathroom walls, between the studs. At the time there was also one of the old school medicine cabinets with the used razor slit. There must have been 10+k blades back there.

Found a few still in the wrapper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blades.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	24522242

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                              Demo'd our 64 year old bathroom several months back.Found a pile of these in one of my bathroom walls, between the studs. At the time there was also one of the old school medicine cabinets with the used razor slit. There must have been 10+k blades back there.

Found a few still in the wrapper.

[ATTACH]886320[/ATTACH]

Wow! That’s cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X