tpwd speckled trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    Last I checked rec anglers are demolishing the red snapper population.
    WHAT??

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      I agree but seriously it does not take a biologist to realize that our coastal fishery has been in a steady decline for the last 20 years.. Especially for a person who grew up fishing the coast for the last 45+ years..
      I am not sure where you are fishing. We fundamentally disagree that the fishing has been declining along the Texas coast.

Fishing at 41, pre-freeze, was better than it was as a kid.. At least where I fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Who knew amateur marine biologists were such a bunch of whiners....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Just as many amateur deer biologist and cops around here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          WHAT??

Sarcasm. The corp folks are responsible for the red-snapper issues, and money was involved to keep rec anglers on the dock.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            WHAT??

Yep..

Comment

I agree but seriously it does not take a biologist to realize that our coastal fishery has been in a steady decline for the last 20 years.. Especially for a person who grew up fishing the coast for the last 45+ years..
              I don’t even know how to reply to that statement

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Sarcasm. The corp folks are responsible for the red-snapper issues, and money was involved to keep rec anglers on the dock.
                Whew

Comment

Oh come on Tim. We grew up fishing the same waters, you may have 4 or 5 years on me but that's it. I'm not sure when the last time I actually saw you post a fishing pic anyway

I've been busting their lips my whole life. Ups and downs along the way that's for sure...especially after the freezes but I can still get on 'em when I want. Apparently you need me to guide you a little if your fishing is on a " decline ". You got my number

Comment

IMO they should completely shut coastal fishing down from state line to state line for at least a year, and 2 years would be even better.....
                    Growing up here on the Texas coast it is sad to see what it has become over the years.... More and more boats, more and more "guides" and far less fish.. history has proved that Humans can and will destroy any resource if left unchecked..
                    This. Though I would be itching on those flat summer days. Only time I fish for trout. Besides in the river during winter. But even then it’s not what is was.
                    I love fishing and eating them but I’d much rather save the ecosystem..probably too late. Especially with shifting base line syndrome. Many think ‘it’s the new normal’.
                    Hell I release 99.7% of them anyways but even releasing fish has a mortality rate.
                    Last edited by Button; 03-25-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Well maybe I’ll be able to catch a limit...

Comment

Learning allot from you guys.. Moving to Beeville TX and will be doing more salt water fishing.. Good thread and comments! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Oh come on Tim. We grew up fishing the same waters, you may have 4 or 5 years on me but that's it. I'm not sure when the last time I actually saw you post a fishing pic anyway

I've been busting their lips my whole life. Ups and downs along the way that's for sure...especially after the freezes but I can still get on 'em when I want. Apparently you need me to guide you a little if your fishing is on a " decline ". You got my number
                          Lol.. And you never will. Why in the hail would I post up pics on the WWW, deer or fish?? It's bad enough to tell a single friend.. I'm all for taking pressure off of the resource, not stepping on the gas. I told 1 fella about a sweet little flounder ditch that I found and the next day he was there along with 2 other boats.. ON A WEEK DAY. Lol.. Shame on me.
                          With that being said you are kidding yourself if you think it is as good as it once was.. Can we catch them? Yes. But it's a far cry from what it could be.. From what it used to be..

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            I don’t even know how to reply to that statement
                            That's ok.. Well if I do tell anyone where I catch them I tell them Matagorda..
                            Y'all are as hot over there as Rockport and AP WERE in the 80's and early 90's..

Comment

Lol.. And you never will. Why in the hail would I post up pics on the WWW, deer or fish?? It's bad enough to tell a single friend.. I'm all for taking pressure off of the resource, not stepping on the gas. I told 1 fella about a sweet little flounder ditch that I found and the next day he was there along with 2 other boats.. ON A WEEK DAY. Lol.. Shame on me.
                              With that being said you are kidding yourself if you think it is as good as it once was.. Can we catch them? Yes. But it's a far cry from what it could be.. From what it used to be..
                              Absolutely

Comment

not a big deal for me, I plan to cast my net and eat mullet the next year

Comment

Working...
                                X