No announcement yet.

Engagement Ring Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Nile and James Avery, as already mentioned.

JA lets you view the actual diamond under loop power. I had a great experience with Blue Nile and everyone I know who has used them or JA has had great experiences.

Look for codes online, Blue Nile usually has one.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
      Just don’t do it it’s that simple
      This,

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        This,
        Amen! I might do a ring out of the candy machines at Walmart .
        If she requires a diamond though, I'm gonna have to cut her loose.

Comment

If you are truly wanting a quality diamond I recommend Lake Mcguire. I can get you his contact info if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
            If you are truly wanting a quality diamond I recommend Lake Mcguire. I can get you his contact info if you want.

Good advice, when I bought the diamond I didn’t use a store
            I used a whole sale dealer , paid $8000 and wife went to get insurance and replacement appraisal was $15000 (2001 dollars)
            Pear shaped 1.73 yellow

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              I asked my wife just this morning if she'd rather have a CZ and a pile of cash or the diamond on her finger and no cash. She said if she had it to do over she'd take the CZ
              Lol, same with my wife, specially since she now wears a $20 qalo silicone ring.....

Comment

That's who I used and several of my friends used him as well. I joked upthread about my wife's ring, but it is really nice.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

I used Sergio at Jonathan's for my wife’s ring. I was so pleased that I got her a diamond bracelet from him this year. Great guy and will walk you through the whole process. He answered all of my questions and spent time to educate me so I could make the best decision for my needs. No pressure at all. What really helped was for him to lay the diamonds out and compare different sizes color/clarity. Even had me take them outside to see them in natural sunlight.

I couldn’t have asked for more. It is nice to have someone who knows what to look for. I highly recommend using Sergio!

Comment

This right here. I was very impressed with Lake from start to finish. He'll treat you right.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I highly recommend Eternity By Yoni. He gets them straight from the Diamond Exchange in New York. The Diamonds have GIA report. Find a couple you like and he will go look at them and give you his opinion. You have a couple days to return. I went and had it appraised the day it came in and the appraiser was surprised what I paid for it. https://www.eternitybyyoni.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                          Thank you sir! Just looked him I see he’s highly recommend. I’ll be getting in touch with him.

Definitely talk with Sergio @ Jonathan's. I had him do a repair on a piece for me and I saw a lot of their work while there....pretty spectacular and very fair prices!

Comment

Save your money and buy the man made/lab diamonds and avoid the greatest scam since the early 1900s. If a woman tells you she needs a diamond for you to express your love to her you need to keep looking. Just my 2 cents. And yes I have the money to buy real diamonds but what’s the point?? To impress others?? Majority of people go into debt for a ring at a time when that money could be better spent on a house down payment, etc and not add to the stress of being a newlywed....

Comment

Don’t overspend. On the diamond, the wedding, or any other part of it. Years of happy marriage from now you will realize none of it matters.

Comment

When I was shopping I contacted one of the reputable stores up in New York, good old gold. Got a good deal on a nice certified diamond with a custom setting that I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford. They were great to do business with.

Comment

Working...
                                X