Guard dog....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guard dog....

....that's good with kids. That's what I'm looking for. My family and I are moving out of the suburbs and having a house built on our land. I've already got a Blue Lacy with a job as a blood tracker. He's an awesome tracker and hog Bayer but not aggressive towards humans. Once my house is complete I'll have a fence around house - internal to property fence. I'd like a dog that's good with young kids but a good guard dog. Any suggestions? I've looked up the topic and it appears bullmastiffs, boxers, Great Pyrennes, Doberman pinchers, and German Shepards are pretty good.

I vote GS

Comment

GS

Comment

Catahoula Cur

Comment

get a Dogue de Bordeaux mastiff large friendly great with kids and very loyal and protective of family and property. we have a female right now that is almost 8 she thinks our 2 boys are her companions she sits or lays as they play on our 4.5 acres, she put a whoopin a big male lab {she's a solid 130 lbs} that came in the yard as I was on the zero turn and the boys were in the yard, she rolled that poor fella and he counldnt get off our place fast enuff....

Comment

Mastiff Sharpei. Very intimidating and a great bark but great with the family and protective. She's done well with peiple that visit once she sees how we interact with then.
            Attached Files

Comment

Healer.............

Comment

Another vote for GS

Comment

Kane Corso
                  Blue pit

Comment

GS

Comment

Great Pyrenees. Best dog we ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All these dogs I've been researching. The mastiffs appear great as well, Crow how's your Peyrennes in the heat?

Comment

African Boerbul

Comment

If the dog is going to be inside at nite or fulltime I vote Boxer. If it's an outside dog German shepherd. GS shed real bad .

Comment

What is a GS?

European working line GSD is the only way to go. Stay away from American show or pet lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X