Spouse doesn't hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spouse doesn't hunt

Who else has a spouse that doesn't hunt?

I'd love for my wife to do this with me but it's not her thing. She'll cook what ever I bring home but has no interest.

She will however go fishing with me.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. My wife won't hunt and doesn't care for camping but she will fish with me. And that is just fine with me because my last serious relationship I had the girl wouldn't give me my space so I could go hunt with my buddies or my dad. It was almost like she was only doing it to see what I was doing. That relationship didn't last.

Comment

Neither here, and she wishes I didn't hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife likes to fish and camp but has no desire to hunt whatsoever. She will eat anything I bring home as long as I clean it and cook it.

Comment

My wife doesn't hunt or fish but doesn't gripe too loud when I go. Two of our three kids will hunt with me.

Comment

Mine won't hunt and probably never will. She will go with us but just stays at the lodge. Luckily we have a nice place for everyone that does not hunt to hang out. Hasn't always been that way and she had no interest in going if the accommodations weren't decent. Now fishing is another story.

Comment

Not me mine’s normal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife doesn't hunt, and I am 100% okay with that. Hunting to me is my time with the guys and my son. She loves to eat it, and encourages me to go. She just doesn't want to kill or see bloody pics.

Comment

I bought my wife a rifle, built her a box blind, got her licensed up only for her to tell me on the big morning that it was too cold for her to hunt. Lol, I sat in her blind with her rifle and shot a doe. However she does like to camp at the lease with me.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                    Who else has a spouse that doesn't hunt?

I'd love for my wife to do this with me but it's not her thing. She'll cook what ever I bring home but has no interest.

She will however go fishing with me.
                    Same exact situation.

She loves the wild game that I prepare/we eat but she has no interest in hunting.

More me time!

Comment

She likes to pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She doesn't and I'm not missing out on anything.

Comment

My wife is the same as many have said. its not for her but she is fine with me going. she'll cook/eat anything I kill. She told me a couple weeks ago, "don't come home with an empty cooler! I've got a new venison recipe I want to try."

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            My wife doesn't hunt, and I am 100% okay with that. Hunting to me is my time with the guys and my son. She loves to eat it, and encourages me to go. She just doesn't want to kill or see bloody pics.
                            x2

She doesn't hunt but allows me to go without putting up a fight. She'll eat jerky and backstrap but that's about it. I will give her credit as when we were dating she went hunting with me (she really must have loved me back then) and I shot a hog. Needless to say she stayed in the cabin mostly that weekend.

When it comes to fishing she'll go out on the boat to "tan" in her words but has reeled in a few fish in her life. Again she goes but mostly for the boat ride.

Comment

My wife is the same. She loves that I hunt and have taught our children to do the same and has never once griped or given me grief about any hunting at all. She enjoys cooking and eating the game we bring home, loves going to camp and sitting around the fire, but most of all, she LOVES taxidermy both live mounts and even more Euro mounts. She likes the taxidermy more than the meat and THAT is music to my ears.
                              She even sees a cool mount online and tells me, "go hunt for one of those"....
                              I consider myself a blessed man when it comes to my wife and her relationship with hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X