Best mud terrain tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Are they any good in the mud? The gaps on those tires are so small, they look like they would hold mud in them rather than throw it out. Are they a rock tire maybe?
    They never let me down. We have that old black gumbo mud and its nasty. Ran them in sandy ground and preformed well there also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran these on my GEO Tracker for 6 years and never even had a flat. When I sold it the tires still had 80% tread. Very quiet on the highway. Best priced tire I could find and if I ever need off road tires again it will be a set of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshg223 View Post
        Mastercraft mxt. Love them very quite for a mud tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        These tires have impressed me a lot on my f250. Cleanout great too

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Look at the nitto ridge grappler. More of a very agressive all terrain but very good tire in the mud. They are not loud and get great mileage.
          Yep. Going on my new truck very soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyo m/t

Comment

Had Duratracs. They looked good and did good on the road in all conditions, but left me stuck three times at the lease. I replaced them with Cooper STT Pro's. They have a little road noise, but the cab of my F150 eliminates so much outside noise, they may be louder than I realize. I hit a soft spot at the lease with these tires that I was able to get out of and there's no doubt the Duratracs would have left me stranded.

Duratracs 275/70R18
              Click image for larger version

Name:	13 with Duratracs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	24563672
              Stuck

Name:	F150 STUCK.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	24563675
              Coopers 295/70R18

Name:	2013 F150.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	24563673
              Got out

Name:	F150 - GOT OUT.jpg
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	24563676
              Last edited by jlinville; 12-12-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I have ran several different types of the years and keep coming back to Coopers which I think has the best price value and they usually ride good. The last set I got from Discount tire really sucked though, they had to add a lot of weights to balance and still wasn't right. I took them back 5 times and had to give the manager a ride before they finally decided 1 tire was not good and had to rotate 3 of them on the rim to get them to stop shaking. So now I'm on the fence with Coopers and Discount Tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Hankook dynapro MT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Buckcrusher View Post
                  x2 Ive had these on two different trucks (both F350's, one SRW and one Dually) and been getting over 60k out of them on the srw.

Right on the money.

Best all round mud tire you can find.

Good price, they last a long time and they are really good in the mud.

There are some mud tire tests out there and they beat all the others in the mud.

Comment

Toyo open country MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooter80 View Post
                      Thornbirds
                      THESE are mud tires, the others mentioned are just do it all tires that are decent in mud and on the highway. May not be real quiet on the hwy, but if you want MUD tires, these types are the way to go.

I ran 14/35x16.5 Gumbo Monster Mudders on my 4x4 trucks for years and they would throw mud clods the size of basketballs without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                        Cooper STT Pro
                        I run 35x12.50x20 on my F250
                        50k plus miles if your rotate regular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        i put these on my 2016 F250 back in september and i love them. very aggressive tire with little road noise and they ride very well and pull great in the mud. only have about 5-6k miles on them but if they hold up they will definitely be my go to tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooter80 View Post
                          Thornbirds
                          These, may not get the best mileage outta them, but you wont be stuck much in anything. Ive had good luck with the Nitto trail grapplers on my Ram 2500, been in some sticky stuff and never burried it yet. Key word yet.

Comment

Toyo.

Comment

ive ran duratracs, stt pros, and bfg mts.

now, i run linglong crosswinds. the price difference is substantial. last set i got for my tacoma (265/70r17) were $650 mounted and balanced. and i paid over 1100 for my stt pros. so i can almost buy 2 sets of the crosswinds for the price of the stt pros.

i rotate every 5 thousand miles. and every single mt ive had gets louder as they wear and starts blocking near the end of life. So, if you are really after low road noise and mileage, maybe an AT tread would suit better.

Comment

I had 37x12.50x20 nitto trail grapplers. Loved them. Lasted over 60k. Rotated the religiously though.

Comment

Working...
                                X