Afternoon Bow Practice Ruined (Rattler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon Bow Practice Ruined (Rattler)

Tractor for the shredder and zero turn have both been in the shop so the grass has been getting a little tall with all the rain. Walking to my 20 yard marker I bumped into this guy. Scared the poop out of me, almost stepped on him. Needless to say bow practice was over.

I tried out the CCI shotshell 38spcl. I wasn't impressed. My son wanted to keep the rattle so I got all the meat out of it I could. Hopefully it will dry out nicely. Usually I wouldn't have bothered it but it was right where I practice and the kids run through that section often to get to the pool.

No, no, no!!! Me no likey the snake!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate snakes.

Comment

Yeah, there's not enough damage to that sucker. I would have blown him into itty bitty pieces.

Comment

So why was practice ruined? Kill snake, go shoot.

Comment

Is that in del valle?
            Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 10-04-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

looks like your dog frequents that area too

Comment

Yeah in Del Valle, dogs and kids are always in that stretch. It was in a patch of grass right behind that muddy area in the picture.

Comment

You're too nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                    Yeah, there's not enough damage to that sucker. I would have blown him into itty bitty pieces.
                    You couldn't tell by looking at him but that is 6 shots at 5ft away. Maybe the larger caliber handgun rounds do better. Good news is it helped sway my wife into getting a new shotgun or 410 handgun
                    Last edited by justin81; 10-04-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

From 5' away, 1 shot between his head and neck is a DEAD snake.
                      No wiggle, no squirm, no nuthin, but dead snake.

Comment

Good job, he needed killed.

I've used CCI 38 snake shot before and had great results. Like Cisco Jack said, no squirm, no wiggle nothing. It turned their lights out. Actually did better than my Judge 410.

Comment

I would be more worried about the mountain lion tracks than that snake

Comment

I can’t believe nobody has asked about all the black panther tracks

EDIT: BT beat me to it lol

Comment

Those shot shells and even the Taurus Judge never impressed me if not blowing the business end clean off is what you mean. They spread way too fast out of a pistol. A 20 gauge shotgun is way better for that.

The rattles shouldn't stink at all once the meat dries. I just always twisted them off and called it good when I used to kill them all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X