Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 12:01 AM   #501
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
To each their own, but I would think this would be hindering your own marketability, especially with potential buyers who have no interest in handguns/LTC.
I'm ok with that
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:05 AM   #502
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
What the hell is this? A fake state of the union address? Someone got an F in green screen class. This video is fake news.
It's Bill Whittle... you should give him a listen.
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:09 AM   #503
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williamson
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
It's Bill Whittle... you should give him a listen.
I know who he is. This speech is 4 years old. Photoshopping himself in front of Congress does not imbue credibility.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:17 AM   #504
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
I know who he is. This speech is 4 years old. Photoshopping himself in front of Congress does not imbue credibility.
It's not the photoshop or the age of the "speech", it's the actual words of the "speech" that make it extremely credible to the foundation of this country. Too bad it's fake news from a virtual President.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 AM   #505
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
I know who he is. This speech is 4 years old. Photoshopping himself in front of Congress does not imbue credibility.
It's Bill Whittle, what do you expect? He gets stupid people riled up and they buy it. Looks like it worked again.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #506
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
It's an AR15, what do you expect? It gets stupid people riled up and they buy it. Looks like it worked again.
Fify
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #507
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Fify
And there it is. Exactly.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 12:55 AM   #508
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp2012 View Post
I live in Floresville and my good buddies mom lives on next street away from that church where we used to hang out back in high school. my Buddies aunt was shot multiple times in her legs. She looks to make it but I can’t even imagine what they saw inside that church. Prayers for all the families
This her?

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/I...r-12337562.php
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 03:48 AM   #509
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point
 
Mesquite Archer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mesquite, TX
Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS
Default

This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by Mesquite Archer; 11-08-2017 at 04:00 AM..
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #510
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

Read on one of those differing opinion sites that this all falls directly on President Trump. He's the Commander in Chief and the Air Force failed to report the issues to the proper civilian channels,allowing him to buy the rifle.
Doesn't matter that he was discharged 3 years ago..........it's Trumps fault.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 AM   #511
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.


Best post on this thread.


Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 07:17 AM   #512
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Absolutely on point.

How do we fix it?
The direction this country has been lead to, one of "diversity, fairness, openess, and political correctness has weakened us.
The MSM followed these agendas at one point, then quickly realized they were where the bucks were, (drama sells), and are now completely submerged in them, directed by them, and owned by them.

It's allowed those groups/people in society that should be closely monitored to be labeled and with those labels come terms like 'profiling' which diminish any capacity we once had at identifying or monitoring those that could/will cause harm.
Its given a voice to those who believe more in the repeatedly failed experiment of socialism- and even elected those voices to government.

It's blatantly obvious to everyone where the issues lie - but everyone is afraid of standing up and pointing at them and removing them for fear of being forever labeled as something shameful.

Until this direction of delicateness is changed, the constant barrage on the very thing that protects us - our Constitution - will never end.

ANY concession is a rip in the very fabric of our freedoms.

Oh yeh and the word Bully is overused by those that dont have an argument.

**** all that.

Last edited by systemnt; 11-08-2017 at 07:19 AM..
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #513
overcomer401965
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coleman, Texas
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Whole families have been killed by drunk drivers and yet no outcry to ban alcohol.
overcomer401965 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #514
TomB
Eight Point
 
TomB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander, Tx
Default

It is a tragedy that this happened and my heart goes out to the innocents lost. Another consequence to this will be the pendulum swinging the other way and people who don’t belong in the list being put in the list. Sort of like accidentally being put in the no fly list. Virtually impossible to get off the list. So, we will have vets with ptsd, and whatever else someone wants to declare a “mental illness” (like being a conservative) being denied the right to legally purchase a firearm.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #515
Radar
Eight Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Default

V.P. Pence is coming out here today to visit the prayer service at the high school. Starts at 5pm.
I will be in Floresville today doing business and I have dreaded this day all week.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #516
Tbar
Ten Point
 
Tbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
What the hell is this? A fake state of the union address? Someone got an F in green screen class. This video is fake news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
This is horrible. A fake speech? Virtual president?
What is wrong with you guys? Have you never seen Bill Whittle's work? He did a series a few years ago(during the Obama admin) on how he would handle things if he were President. Thus: The Virtual Presidency. Super good Conservative with some great ideas and has done a lot of projects.

His gun control speech is extremely relevant today.

https://www.billwhittle.com/channels...tual-president
https://www.billwhittle.com/channels

Last edited by Tbar; 11-08-2017 at 08:17 AM..
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #517
bps3040
Pope & Young
 
bps3040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring,Texas
Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.
On point. Great post
bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #518
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Best post !!! Very well said
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #519
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
It's Bill Whittle, what do you expect? He gets stupid people riled up and they buy it. Looks like it worked again.
Can you disprove anything he said?
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #520
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Can you disprove anything he said?

No, he cannot. That's why he only ever throws out one-line insults and runs away. I expected nothing more.


.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #521
FIRETX12
Ten Point
 
FIRETX12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Flint
Hunt In: Cherokee County
Default

Realizing that gun control will never work is a great first step. If you are at this point then you are miles ahead of the liberal masses. The next step is realizing that mental health control is also an illusion. A system that somehow controls all the crazies and evil in the world will never happen. If somehow this guy had not slipped through the cracks, there are thousands more that have. We might lessen the threat but evil will always persist. Education, prevention, rehabilitation, confinement and things similar are great to have to possibly reduce tragedies but in reality, they do more for us as a society to feel like we’re making a difference than actually accomplishing much. Evil people will do evil things. Mothers will kill their children, and psychos will unfortunately do unspeakable horrors. Believe in something bigger than yourselves, pray, hope, long for a better world and protect the ones you love.
FIRETX12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #522
asttbe
Ten Point
 
asttbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Comfort, TX
Hunt In: My yard
Default

Unbelievable



asttbe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #523
TexasArchery_27
Six Point
 
TexasArchery_27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Garland
Hunt In: Red River, Lamar, Smith, and Freestone County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcomer401965 View Post
Whole families have been killed by drunk drivers and yet no outcry to ban alcohol.
Actually there have been...Ever heard of a dry county?

Care to know the results? It caused more accidents and more fatalities
TexasArchery_27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #524
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
It's Bill Whittle, what do you expect? He gets stupid people riled up and they buy it. Looks like it worked again.
Lol...you crack me up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #525
bobc
Ten Point
 
bobc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belton
Hunt In: Bell County, New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asttbe View Post
Unbelievable





A chainsaw bayonet? Hell yes! Where do I get one of those!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #526
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asttbe View Post
Unbelievable



Acceptable modification

Name:  5a03a4d1f3f78.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  25.2 KB
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #527
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Other "possible" modifications...

Name:  64657cc157ba66f849fd512b03f51709.png
Views: 684
Size:  169.8 KB
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #528
manwitaplan
Ten Point
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.


I have been explaining the same thing to family and friends.

And if we are going to have data bases for gun owners then let’s do the same for the mentally ill!


Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #529
Roy Munson
Four Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
This is not a gun control issue it is a behavior control issue. This shooter has a long history of violent behavior and the government system that so many in this country wish to give more control over our lives failed in several areas with this POS.

It is normal to have the feeling that we gotta do something to prevent this from happening ever again. But focusing on the the type of gun, how he got the gun, where he got the gun, the color of the gun is all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes away from the real issue.

The fact is this man has a behavior problem not a gun problem. He used his fist to crack the skull of one 5 year old and sadly our government failed and allowed him to shoot and kill another, along with 25 more innocents. He was in and out of our mental health system which failed. And I would not be surprised if this pattern of behavior could be traced back to his childhood. I always wonder how many of these psycho's were giving Ritalin as a kid instead of discipline.

It does not matter what tool he chose to release his psychopathic rage with. All that matters is he was passed through the system several times and that system kicked the problem down the road without solving anything.

Liberal judges releasing mentally ill people proven to be a danger to society is something we should look at. Liberal policies of medicate and release instead of incarcerate is something we should look at. Liberal presidents releasing hundreds of thousands from our prison system flooding our communities with radical psycho's from other countries is something we should look at. Liberal drug use clouding the minds of our youth and some not so young is something we should look at.

But these same liberals whose policies that I think are responsible for our societal decay are the same liberals saying "hey look at that evil black rifle you need to control that". Instead of looking at them as the root of these behavior control problems. It's all smoke and mirrors.
This is perhaps the most incorrect, and uninformed post I have ever read. You understand that Judges can't "release people" because they feel like it. You took 6th grade civics? You know that a jury or Judge found him guilty and they sentenced him based on evidence. No one released him. He served his sentence. Sounds like your fight might be with the district attorney who agreed with the minimal sentence.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #530
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

You do know he escaped a nut house...any defense for that you would like to support??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This is perhaps the most incorrect, and uninformed post I have ever read. You understand that Judges can't "release people" because they feel like it. You took 6th grade civics? You know that a jury or Judge found him guilty and they sentenced him based on evidence. No one released him. He served his sentence. Sounds like your fight might be with the district attorney who agreed with the minimal sentence.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #531
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point
 
Mesquite Archer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mesquite, TX
Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This is perhaps the most incorrect, and uninformed post I have ever read. You understand that Judges can't "release people" because they feel like it. You took 6th grade civics? You know that a jury or Judge found him guilty and they sentenced him based on evidence. No one released him. He served his sentence. Sounds like your fight might be with the district attorney who agreed with the minimal sentence.
Thank you for your enlightened liberal opinion. You can try to attack my education level without any actual knowledge of it.

You are using a typical liberal tactic to insult the opposition in an attempt to appear intellectually superior. Rather than support your position with facts, you are dependent on emotion. Liberalism falls apart in the face of facts.

Now, you can recoil at the fact that I am calling you a liberal and begin to deny it. But something struck a nerve and your reaction speaks for itself.

If you strongly disagree with my thoughts on the subject that is fine, that is what a discussion forum is all about. If your goal is to be an internet tough guy and insult me you are only going to lose credibility and weaken your argument.
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #532
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
I understand your confusion now. You thought I was speaking specifically about this nut job when I commented about liberal judges.

Those comments were not case specific, they were a general rant on the actions taken by liberals to destroy this country from within over the past several decades. The list was not all inclusive I could go on and on but I named just a few.

Your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking, but I'm just a clown and a tard so what do I know?
Don't sweat it.................everybody else got what you were saying.There's one in every crowd.

ok ok,we have more than one................



DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 AM   #533
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This is perhaps the most incorrect, and uninformed post I have ever read. You understand that Judges can't "release people" because they feel like it. Yes,Yes they can..do it all the time. http://bfy.tw/EwHg You took 6th grade civics? You know that a jury or Judge found him guilty and they sentenced him based on evidence. No one released him. He served his sentence. Sounds like your fight might be with the district attorney who agreed with the minimal sentence.
This was the absolute most incredible effort in using as many words as possible to create as much fail as possible as I have ever seen on the green screen, and I've seen most of EBH's posts!
Well done!!!

Last edited by systemnt; 11-09-2017 at 07:33 AM..
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #534
Neck
Ten Point
 
Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Danbury, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County
Default

.

Last edited by Neck; 11-09-2017 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Decided not to feed the troll.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #535
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This is perhaps the most incorrect, and uninformed post I have ever read. You understand that Judges can't "release people" because they feel like it. You took 6th grade civics? You know that a jury or Judge found him guilty and they sentenced him based on evidence. No one released him. He served his sentence. Sounds like your fight might be with the district attorney who agreed with the minimal sentence.
Just so you know, if a judge sentences someone to a term, they also effectively release him after that term........and quite often they sentence them based on supposed mental issues and give them a reduced term, or merely to a mental institution for a period of time. After the term expires ( and very often before ), they are released.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #536
Roy Munson
Four Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
Thank you for your enlightened liberal opinion. You can try to attack my education level without any actual knowledge of it.

You are using a typical liberal tactic to insult the opposition in an attempt to appear intellectually superior. Rather than support your position with facts, you are dependent on emotion. Liberalism falls apart in the face of facts.

Now, you can recoil at the fact that I am calling you a liberal and begin to deny it. But something struck a nerve and your reaction speaks for itself.

If you strongly disagree with my thoughts on the subject that is fine, that is what a discussion forum is all about. If your goal is to be an internet tough guy and insult me you are only going to lose credibility and weaken your argument.

Not a tough guy. I don't think I injected politics into this My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.

No judge went back later and "released" him early. His sentence expired. These are facts.


Judges released hundreds of thousands of criminals released back to streets?

Medicate and release?

Miket,

If you're mentally ill but competent you stand trial.

If you're mentally ill and incompetent you are sent to a facility where you are forcefully medicated until you regain competence and then you stand trial.

If you don't regain competency you are not released.

No one gets a released or reduced sentence because they are mentally ill.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #537
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Well this is comforting.

Quote:
“I don’t want our lives, our grandchildren’s lives, destroyed by this media circus,”
-Devin Kelley, father of the assassin

Ever consider it was the actions of your son who destroyed your grandchildren's lives? I wonder where the kid got his feeling of being a victim.
Legdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #538
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Not a tough guy. I don't think I injected politics into this My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.

No judge went back later and "released" him early. His sentence expired. These are facts.


Judges released hundreds of thousands of criminals released back to streets?

Medicate and release?

Miket,

If you're mentally ill but competent you stand trial.

If you're mentally ill and incompetent you are sent to a facility where you are forcefully medicated until you regain competence and then you stand trial.

If you don't regain competency you are not released.

No one gets a released or reduced sentence because they are mentally ill.
And all of that doesn't change the fact that a judge can sway a jury by simply allowing or disallowing certain evidence. They can also hand down a reduced sentence, if it's not mandated as a minimum. If you think the fact that liberal judges are not part of the revolving door problems of the judicial system, you are sadly mistaken.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #539
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Not a tough guy. I don't think I injected politics into this My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.

No judge went back later and "released" him early. His sentence expired. These are facts.


Judges released hundreds of thousands of criminals released back to streets?

Medicate and release?

Miket,

If you're mentally ill but competent you stand trial.

If you're mentally ill and incompetent you are sent to a facility where you are forcefully medicated until you regain competence and then you stand trial.

If you don't regain competency you are not released.

No one gets a released or reduced sentence because they are mentally ill.
According to the Sentencing Reform Act Judges must consider 7 factors when determining a sentence.

One of them is:
"The defendant’s diminished mental capacity contributed to the offense. “Diminished mental capacity” refers to psychological problems. It also covers very low intelligence. The guidelines recognize two kinds of diminished capacity. One kind of diminished capacity makes it difficult for a defendant to control his behavior. The other kind makes it difficult for a defendant to understand that what he did was wrong."

So Im guessing Judges are required to consider it, but apply it to "no one"?
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #540
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williamson
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.
You misunderstand the criminal justice system. Do just a little bit of research, and you will learn about:
  • parole boards
  • conditional release
  • early release
  • earned credit
  • sentence reduction programs
  • compassionate release

All of these things require an adjudication, which is performed by a judge, with no jury.

Under Obama, the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines for some federal crimes were changed. Here's an interesting quote:

"An inmate who was eligible had to apply for early release and have a judge review the case, make a determination about public safety and sign off on reducing the sentence. Judges shaved off an average of two years from their sentences."
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #541
Pkripper
Ten Point
 
Pkripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: East Texas Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Not a tough guy. I don't think I injected politics into this My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.

No judge went back later and "released" him early. His sentence expired. These are facts.


Judges released hundreds of thousands of criminals released back to streets?

Medicate and release?

Miket,

If you're mentally ill but competent you stand trial.

If you're mentally ill and incompetent you are sent to a facility where you are forcefully medicated until you regain competence and then you stand trial.

If you don't regain competency you are not released.

No one gets a released or reduced sentence because they are mentally ill.
The fact that any judge gave this POS a 1 yr sentence for breaking a 5 year old skull is all anyone needs to know about our justice system. Weak liberal judges and liberal teachers and professors are killing this country.
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #542
Roy Munson
Four Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Wasn’t it a courts martial? Who decides sentence judge or members?
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #543
asttbe
Ten Point
 
asttbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Comfort, TX
Hunt In: My yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkripper View Post
The fact that any judge gave this POS a 1 yr sentence for breaking a 5 year old skull is all anyone needs to know about our justice system. Weak liberal judges and liberal teachers and professors are killing this country.
Not our justice system actually. Military justice system, not defined by the same set of laws and codes. All by the UCMJ. Still should've gotten more time

Yayyyy! we have another pissing match
asttbe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #544
Pkripper
Ten Point
 
Pkripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: East Texas Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Wasn’t it a courts martial? Who decides sentence judge or members?
Clearly he was tried in a military court. If you're fine with a tribunal, judge, member or jury giving him one year for beating his wife and cracking his 5 yr old stepsons skull then there is really no need for further discussion. The military also just let a deserter go free. To me it all falls under our countries judicial system whether its military or not. He committed several heinous acts prior to this shooting.
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #545
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Unbelievable...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post
Well this is comforting.



-Devin Kelley, father of the assassin

Ever consider it was the actions of your son who destroyed your grandchildren's lives? I wonder where the kid got his feeling of being a victim.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #546
Radar
Eight Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Default

Little church in Sutherland Springs will have services this Sunday in the community building next door. The church will be torn down in the future.

On a side note here, there has been some people scamming around here selling stuffed animals and such. Please be careful with donations.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #547
Neck
Ten Point
 
Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Danbury, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Little church in Sutherland Springs will have services this Sunday in the community building next door. The church will be torn down in the future.

On a side note here, there has been some people scamming around here selling stuffed animals and such. Please be careful with donations.
Anyone looking to turn a profit/scam over this tragedy should have their teeth rearranged.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #548
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Air Force is gonna get sued for negligence.
I can see it now.

If the Air Force would have followed protocol then Academy wouldnot have sold him the guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Dad View Post
If you can see that you should have your vision checked.

The Air Force will not be sued over this.

You must gain permission from the government to sue it, and I don't see that happening here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Really?
I hear of cities getting sued all the time and cutting checks to settle out of court.
Didn't some women sue the Air Force (or was it the Navy???) for a "culture of systemic sexual harassment"?

But you should google: FTCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Dad View Post
Cities are not the same as the federal government...

Do you understand the tort claims process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Not really


http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...e-12389164.php
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #549
Army of Dad
Six Point
 
Army of Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aubrey
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post


Administrative (or more commonly referred to within JAG - Tort) claims are not lawsuits. A claimant may have an attorney represent them during the tort claims process.

It looks like a lazy headline writer (or one with a sensationalist bent) since it looks like the reporter got it right in the story.

In order to sue one must go through the tort claims process first and the government may or may not allow a lawsuit to proceed if the tort claims process doesn't lead to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties.

Bottom line, you still need permission from the government to sue the government.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Army of Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #550
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Another antagonistic post from the absolute most antagonistic member in TBH history. And on such tragic story at that.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com