No announcement yet.

Cows last supper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, the slingshot works and can be fun too!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Those black and brown devils. I bought myself a nice slingshot for the next time they commit such an infraction in my presence. It would bring me great pleasure to hear the thwack of that rubber and the thump of a nice sized rock as it stings the backside of those basssterds. KAC.
      I buy cheap bags of marbles. They fly straighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        Pretty good looking calves.
        They've been well fed...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
          I love cows they make me money.We run cattle on our ranch and they don't mess or eat the corn we get pics of them walking by the feeders but that's it.
          This.

Comment

I love cows they make me money.We run cattle on our ranch and they don't mess or eat the corn we get pics of them walking by the feeders but that's it.
            Big difference between you and I is, they are a source of income for you; and a great source of irritation for me and most other hunters. When I bought my place in Cisco, the grazing rights were leased out to a neighbor of mine. At closing, I told him to move his cows off of my place. Said he wanted to lease it from me and he would pay over the current market price. Told him ok. I wanted all of my fences replaced, my future food plots to be fenced in, I wanted a fence around my new mobile home I was bringing it, a fence around my shipping container and all of my feeders to be fenced in. He declined.

Comment

It’s quite a bit different when you own the cattle. Lol.

Skinny

Comment

Yeah anyone would decline that the only fence he has to take care of the main fence around your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  It’s quite a bit different when you own the cattle. Lol.

Skinny
                  I don't know if that's true it stinks when cattle destroy a feeder and mess up a hunt but on the other hand we have never had cattle knock down a feeder or he the corn and our cattle run our hole place.

Comment

Maybe we are just lucky.

Comment

I don't know if that's true it stinks when cattle destroy a feeder and mess up a hunt but on the other hand we have never had cattle knock down a feeder or he the corn and our cattle run our hole place.

Yeah I’ve ran feeders around our cattle for 20 years. I just make my feeders cattle proof. Lol

Skinny

Comment

Yeah anyone would decline that the only fence he has to take care of the main fence around your property.
                        I know, that's why I demanded all of it. Wanted him off the place so it could start recovering from the over grazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                          I know, that's why I demanded all of it. Wanted him off the place so it could start recovering from the over grazing.
                          Could be the problem, overgrazing and then the cattle are looking for something to eat. The cows on the place we hunt are few and they have so far after 10+ years not bothered our feeders.

Comment

Dealing with the same crap here now. It's a shame, such a beutifull morning. Last night it was hogs today cows. Heck, maybe goats tonight.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              Those black and brown devils. I bought myself a nice slingshot for the next time they commit such an infraction in my presence. It would bring me great pleasure to hear the thwack of that rubber and the thump of a nice sized rock as it stings the backside of those basssterds. KAC.
                              This is what I do and it can be fun too. They usually take off pretty quick after a shot or two.
                              The worst pain in the butt cattle are longhorns we had some registered longhorns on our lease and they kept jumping in the feeder pins and knocking over the feeders and ripping the feeders off the bottom of the barrels with their horns. Plus they would jump the feeder pins and high center when they would jump and bend up the hog panels. We even had a run of barbed wire across the top. Thank god those devils are gone now. The owner now has some Heinz 57 cows on there and we really have no problems with them, that a sling shot doesn't take care of.

Comment

Good luck Jimmy. I put up three strands of barbed wire last year, and haven't had cows get in my pen since.

Comment

Working...
                                X