No announcement yet.

Open enrollment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really makes me shake my head thinking parents are still patting their pride and joys on the bottom with baby powder when their kid........ Or should I say adult is in their 20’s. I’ve been on my own completely since I was 16 and have retained a career type job with insurance since 18. I wonder next decade if it will be common to consider your child a kid into their 30’s.

Comment

#screweveryoneequally

This is so unfair on the whole...............

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
        Trying to figure out that myself. I just turned 26 and was diagnosed with cancer in Jan. Currently going through radiation treatments. Nobody can give me a good recommendation on what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sorry to hear that, praying for you! Can’t you sign up for Obamacare and get coverage? I think there are also subsidies available if you are currently uninsured. Good luck!

Comment

Do Obamacare for sure with cancer , signup is 11/1-12/15 for a 1/1/18 effective date.

Comment

Last edited by rtp; 11-04-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

A significant part of the problem are the people on Obamacare with a $100 premium and a ridiculously low deductible due to low or no income. For example, I know a couple, Boyfriend makes well into the six figures, has private Insurance. GF (together 20 years and they just haven’t gotten married) she’s had over 400k in billed surgeries this year. She’s not paying for it, we, the taxpayers are by inflated premiums. When you require everyone to have coverage and force companies to insure everyone and when people find a way to game the system and exorbitant discounts are provided you end up with this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                Sorry to hear that, praying for you! Can’t you sign up for Obamacare and get coverage? I think there are also subsidies available if you are currently uninsured. Good luck!
                Originally posted by borstar1 View Post
                Do Obamacare for sure with cancer , signup is 11/1-12/15 for a 1/1/18 effective date.

If Obama care didn't exist he would be SOL because of his "pre-existing condition (cancer)"

So we are seeing firsthand the good work Obama care tried to do.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  If Obama care didn't exist he would be SOL because of his "pre-existing condition (cancer)"

It would have taken one paragraph of law written to make pre-existing conditions covered. Not the 3000 page disaster O' care is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                    A significant part of the problem are the people on Obamacare with a $100 premium and a ridiculously low deductible due to low or no income. For example, I know a couple, Boyfriend makes well into the six figures, has private Insurance. GF (together 20 years and they just haven’t gotten married) she’s had over 400k in billed surgeries this year. She’s not paying for it, we, the taxpayers are by inflated premiums. When you require everyone to have coverage and force companies to insure everyone and when people find a way to game the system and exorbitant discounts are provided you end up with this situation.
                    Don't worry. I bet she files separate and gets back 5 or 6k and put in zero.

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                    It would have taken one paragraph of law written to make pre-existing conditions covered. Not the 3000 page disaster O' care is.
                    Liberal bleeding heart at his finest. It's really very simple. If the head of a house doesn't work and have insurance (like in the olden days) then too freaking bad. That was their choice.

It's simply mind boggling how healthcare has become a right..And off the backs of those who work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post

***removed snide remark***
                      But a team of hundreds of lawyers and politicians didn't think so that's why there is so many pages of explanations.

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Let's give it a try.
                      Write your one paragraph statement that will allow for cancer as a pre-existing condition.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

Not true. Texas had a Risk pool plan that was priced right , good coverage, and no pre existing conditions. Obamacare replaced it

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Liberal bleeding heart at his finest. It's really very simple. If the head of a house doesn't work and have insurance (like in the olden days) then too freaking bad. That was their choice.

It's simply mind boggling how healthcare has become a right..And off the backs of those who work.
                          I'm going to wager that the head of Brandon's household has a job and I guarantee you without Obama care he would not have his cancer covered under any health insurance program.

Stop using generalities.
                          We can use brandon as a case study.
                          He's right here in our faces.
                          In our community.
                          He's not trying to get a free ride.
                          He wants to pay for insurance to have his cancer covered.
                          But the thing is we KNOW he's going to rack up $500k worth of health care bills within the next few years.
                          This is a FACT
                          Whereas the rest of us is a roll of the dice.

His premiums and deductibleswill never amount to what his cancer treatments cost.
                          So the healthy folks subsidize keeping him alive.

Are you ok with that?

I am.

Yes, some lazy folks will also benefit from this system but I'm ok with that too because it keeps Brandon alive.

Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                            Not true. Texas had a Risk pool plan that was priced right , good coverage, and no pre existing conditions. Obamacare replaced it
                            You sure?
                            Texas can do what they want.
                            They can offer whatever plan they want to offer.

As it stands Texas doesn't accept Obamacare money so they don't have to abide by all the rules.

But I'm going to give you some info about my rebuttal above:
                            Texas' high-risk insurance pool for some of the state’s sickest residents will close at year's end, pushing participants to find coverage in the federal health insurance marketplace. Advocates are getting the word out to ensure residents don't have a lapse in coverage.

The high-risk pool is financed mainly by patient premiums and assessments paid by health insurance companies and HMOs, along with some funding from federal grant programs.

So the high risk pool was still a form of welfare because it was subsidized by the folks who didn't use it and health insurance companies were squeezed to participate in it.
                            Last edited by texansfan; 11-05-2017, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                              so if someone in your family has an accident of some sort and requires long term rehabilitation that runs into the millions - or one of you has a long term cancer or heart issue is medi-share going to pay into the millions? It happens on a regular basis - you are taking a massive risk if you have a catastrophic illness or injury

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...stry/index.htm
                              How does that work? Do they just not pay(have max limits), are the members on the hook for amounts greater than premiums or do they have re-insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                                After hearing all this I’m very happy I’m a federal employee. I pay around 360$ a month for a family plan that is a great plan. Recent surgery cost me 200$ out of pocket. I really feel for you guys.... that is rediculous.
                                You are welcome for the redistribution.......

Comment

Working...
                                X