Need a new ice chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new ice chest

Have always had an Igloo style ice chest, but have been wanting to try one of the newer types. Saw a 75 qt. Magellan Ice Box at Academy & the price was not frightening. What are your opinions? Not a Yeti fan anymore.

I’ve got two Yetis. That being said, Magellan looks pretty similar and looks like it’ll get the job done.

Comment

Keep with the igloo and Coleman

Comment

Thinking about pulling the trigger for $199. Thanks

Comment

Rtic

Comment

I have two yeti's, if you want a well made cooler get one, or one similar. I will say they keep ice a bit longer then the cheap coolers but not enough to justify the price differance IMO.Quality in the build is, and to some it may be worth it to some it won't. I would go through an igloo or similar cooler every couple years. Hinges would brake, cooler would crack or something. I've had the yeti's now for about 4 years and no problems, and use them to stand on ,sit on,we treat them a lot harder then I did the cheaper coolers.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              I have two yeti's, if you want a well made cooler get one, or one similar. I will say they keep ice a bit longer then the cheap coolers but not enough to justify the price differance IMO.Quality in the build is, and to some it may be worth it to some it won't. I would go through an igloo or similar cooler every couple years. Hinges would brake, cooler would crack or something. I've had the yeti's now for about 4 years and no problems, and use them to stand on ,sit on,we treat them a lot harder then I did the cheaper coolers.

This
              I have a few Yetis and they last. The Roadie spends time in the front end loader, truck, etc and no problems after 4 years. Igloo or Coleman would have been trashed in 6 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 123qt Engel that I am happy with. Some of the ranches we hunt don’t have electricity and ice is sometimes far away. It does save time and money in my case.

Comment

Cabela's Polar CapĀ® Equalizer Cooler.

Here's Why....Yea I know anyone can write a review but I like mine.

Hunting and fishing tactics from the pros, gear reviews, and adventure stories. Field & Stream is the Soul of the Total Outdoorsman.

Comment

Weve had a 75qt Ozark Trail for a few years now, it's still awesome.. just inspect the seal before you leave the store with it and make sure you get a good one.. for any of the roto molded coolers i'd make sure of this

Comment

For the money, the Ozark Trail coolers from Wally World are just as good as the others. I have 2 Pelicans and a Cabela's roto coolers and the Ozark Trail will keep ice with either of them.

Comment

Pelican And Grizzly have the best warranties.

Comment

I have become partial to lifetime products. I have tortured their kayak in ways it was not designed for and still in great shape.

They make yeti style coolers but for a lot less and far less likely to get stolen. And the best part unlike Yeti and most if not all the other big names they are 100% made in America. Kentucky and Utah are where their plants are. I'm all about buying American made not just American owned when the product is good.

Comment

I agree with Coker. I have Yeti and Cabela's Polar Cap. I am not partial to any brand, just want my stuff to be cold. I used both at the same time and the Cabela's Polar Cap keeps ice longer than the Yeti. No drama, just the truth!

Comment

Bison is a sponsor of TBH. just saying

And a darn good cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X